‘Shango Baptist’ A Term Used Among Those Ignorant

Kiz

Entry into the Spiritual Baptist religion is by water baptism. Supporters may worship with a congregation and yet not be baptized. However, for an individual to be declared a bonafide member of the religion, one must be baptized. These baptisms are conducted in either a river or the sea. It is a grand occasion for the church, and members usually come out to witness the ceremony in large numbers.

According to Patriarch Archbishop Bishop of the Triune Shouters Inc., John Phillip of Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, baptism as an entry into the religion first began in Trinidad and Tobago in the early 1940s and was later copied by churches in St. Vincent. He went on to say that in earlier times members of the religion called themselves ‘Converteds’ and participated in ‘fasting’ but they were not baptized.

It is not uncommon for non-members of the religion to commonly call the Spiritual Baptist by the name ‘Shango Baptist’. This interchanging of the name has caused much dissatisfaction among members of the religion.

The name ‘Shango’ is one of the many deities in the Orisha religion. It is the belief of some individuals, that the Spiritual Baptist emerged from the Orisha religion and that this (Orisha) was one of the earliest African religions which the slaves brought with them to the New World.

However, what makes Spiritual Baptist religion unique to that of the Orisha religion is that the Spiritual Baptist embraces Christianity. They do not participate in animal sacrifice, they perform water baptism. What makes them similar is that the female members of both religions dress alike with headties and long dresses while the male members usually wear long pants and long sleeved shirts during religious services.

Archbishop Phillip attempted to clarify the misunderstanding of the two religions. He explained that the name Shango Baptist came about when members of the Spiritual Baptist churches left their congregations and joined the Orisha churches, and the members of the Orisha congregations would leave their congregations and join that of the Spiritual Baptist Churches.

(Now that you know that there is a difference between the two religions let us now call them by their proper names).

Last edited:

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
According to Patriarch Archbishop Bishop of the Triune Shouters Inc., John Phillip of Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, baptism as an entry into the religion first began in Trinidad and Tobago in the early 1940s and was later copied by churches in St. Vincent. He went on to say that in earlier times members of the religion called themselves ‘Converteds’ and participated in ‘fasting’ but they were not baptized.
Vincypowa was trying his hardest at one time to say that the sipirtual baptist faith began in St. Vincent :kicks guess not!!

good article :good:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Vincypowa was trying his hardest at one time to say that the sipirtual baptist faith began in St. Vincent :kicks guess not!!

SIGH!!

I believe that if you see a LINK on the INTERNET that says the FIRST person to SHIT in St. VINCENT did so because a TRINIDADIAN came to that ISLAND and showed him or her the ART of SHITTING you will believe it as well.

When will ARYO TRICKADADIANS LEARN eh?

Aryo nuh TIYAD TIEF and tek CREDIT for other people's CULTURAL/RELIGIOUS PRACTICES??

If you do a CHROnOLOGY of HISTORY in the WEST INDIES you will see that CERTAIN claims by TRICKDADIANS CANNOT hold any SUBSTANTIVE MERIT.

You know what, ley we do this.

Do you know when the SHOUTERS in TRINIDAD were BANNED from PRACTICING their RELIGION and do you know how it CAME about??

Last edited:

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
SIGH!!

I believe that if you see a LINK on the INTERNET that says the FIRST person to SHIT in St. VINCENT did so because a TRINIDADIAN came to that ISLAND and showed him or her the ART of SHITTING you will believe it as well.

What's with all the intense vibe boss??:confused :confused you ok?:confused

When will ARYO TRICKADADIANS LEARN eh? :confused

Aryo nuh TIYAD TIEF and tek CREDIT for other people's CULTURAL/RELIGIOUS PRACTICES??

If you do a CHROnOLOGY of HISTORY in the WEST INDIES you will see that CERTAIN claims by TRICKDADIANS CANNOT hold any SUBSTANTIVE MERIT.

You know what, ley we do this.

Do you know when the SHOUTERS in TRINIDAD were BANNED from PRACTICING their RELIGION and do you know how it CAME about??
Whoa son, take a chill pill and have a drink.:drinks: it's not that deep.

with all due respect, Kiz isn't just posting up stuff for the sake of proving you wrong, nor is she psoting up Wikipedia information. She knows about this because her family lives it every day. You can show me a book that says shouters from vincy brought the faith to TT, but when it comes from the people who know and lived the history, that same "manure" example could be flipped the other way as well.:acute:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Whoa son, take a chill pill and have a drink.:drinks: it's not that deep.

with all due respect, Kiz isn't just posting up stuff for the sake of proving you wrong, nor is she psoting up Wikipedia information. She knows about this because her family lives it every day. You can show me a book that says shouters from vincy brought the faith to TT, but when it comes from the people who know and lived the history, that same "manure" example could be flipped the other way as well.:acute:
So because her FAMILY LIVES it EVERYDAY, it means that they KNOW where it STARTED?

Again, LET US do this STEP by STEP.

My QUESTION to you or to ANYONE who BELIEVES it STARTED in TRINIDAD when was the RELIGION BANNED in TRINIDAD and WHY??

Kiz

So because her FAMILY LIVES it EVERYDAY, it means that they KNOW where it STARTED?

Again, LET US do this STEP by STEP.

My QUESTION to you or to ANYONE who BELIEVES it STARTED in TRINIDAD when was the RELIGION BANNED in TRINIDAD and WHY??
I doh know what allyuh really fighting up allyuh selves about.

The religion was banned in 1917 due to the fact that the
colonial ruling class was not having it .... They said that religion made too much noise wid dey loud singing and bell ringing and disturbed the peace.

but we all kno that the religion was too african for them

Last edited:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
I doh know what allyuh really fighting up allyuh selves about.

The religion was banned in 1917 due to the fact that the
colonial ruling class was not having it .... They said that religion made too much noise wid dey loud singing and bell ringing and disturbed the peace.
Good.

From HISTORICAL INFO/TEXT, not from whey yuh GRANNY or MAMMY SAYS or what those with a BIAS AGENDA say, what was the motivating FACTOR that led to the COLONIAL POWER of the day BANNING the SHOUTER religion in TRINIDAD?

Anyhow, let me give you this HISTORICAL and FACTUAL INFO, because ah CAAH BOTHER wid de LONG TAWK.

In St Vincent the faith was made illegal by the Shakerism Prohibition Ordinance which was passed in 1813, when the Governor, Gideon Murray, was riding his horse through the city while the Shakers were holding an open air meeting. The vibration from the shaking frightened the horse and the Governor fell to the ground.

This law made it illegal for the Shakers to worship anywhere at anytime. The ordinance was later repealed in 1939, when George McIntosh introduced a motion seeing the repeal of the Ordinance.

The Government of St Vincent banned the Shakers from worshipping in 1913, and this ban was the basis of the law introduced in Trinidad on November 28, 1917.

Kiz

sencondly the article is stating that "baptism" as an entry into the religion first began in Trinidad and Tobago in the early 1940s and was later copied by churches in St. Vincent

no where is it stating what country Spiritual Baptist started first so I ent know wha de hell allyuh really fussing bout.......It stems from Africa so neither country have claims to anything.

Also would it change anyone outlook on the religion if we found out it was first practiced in SV or in TT? NO......so stop fussin over trivial matters........STEUPS!

Kiz

Good.

From HISTORICAL INFO/TEXT, not from whey yuh GRANNY or MAMMY SAYS or what those with a BIAS AGENDA say, what was the motivating FACTOR that led to the COLONIAL POWER of the day BANNING the SHOUTER religion in TRINIDAD?

Vincy what the fack is really your problem??? Did I come in here and said what my granny or anyone told me......
Anyhow, let me give you this HISTORICAL and FACTUAL INFO, because ah CAAH BOTHER wid de LONG TAWK.

In St Vincent the faith was made illegal by the Shakerism Prohibition Ordinance which was passed in 1813, when the Governor, Gideon Murray, was riding his horse through the city while the Shakers were holding an open air meeting. The vibration from the shaking frightened the horse and the Governor fell to the ground.

This law made it illegal for the Shakers to worship anywhere at anytime. The ordinance was later repealed in 1939, when George McIntosh introduced a motion seeing the repeal of the Ordinance.

The Government of St Vincent banned the Shakers from worshipping in 1913, and this ban was the basis of the law introduced in Trinidad on November 28, 1917.

This proves nothing....it just showes that the shakers were banned in SV way before they banned it in TT........so wheres yuh proof again?

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
This proves nothing....it just showes that the shakers were banned in SV way before they banned it in TT........so wheres yuh proof again?
This PROVES that the SHAKERS RELIGION is HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED (not someone claiming it was in Trinidad such and such time without any HISTORICAL PROOF....not someone claiming it was in Trinidad then it was brought to St. Vincent without any HISTORICAL PROOF) by the GOVERNMENT of the day since 1813.

And just BASED on the FACT that the Shakerism Prohibition Ordinance which was passed in 1813 says that the RELIGION was ALREADY ESTABLISHED in St. Vincent, wayyyyyyyy before that ORDINANCE went into affect, says that this is where the religion began.

That being the CASE, you tell me how it came from Trinidad to St. Vincent.....show me some REAL EVIDENCE of this....and show me some REAL DOCUMENTATION where the "SHOUTERS" religion is DOCUMENTED in TRINIDAD before the 1900's or before 1813?

The SHAKERS RELIGIoN, which you guys called SHOUTERS, was BROUGHT to TRINIDAD by VINCIES, as early as the beginning of the 1900's, and that is a DOCUMENTED and HISTORICAL FACT, not no he say she say that you guys LOVE to BRING UP as proof that it started in TRINIDAD.

Go and CHECK out the HISTORY of when the SHOUTERS religion was created and BAN in TRINIDAD and you will KNOW that what was DOCUMENTED as to how the religion came about in TRINIDAD, and who BROUGHT it, will LEAD you STRAIGHT back to the LAND of the BLESSED, St. Vincent.

It is all in the BRITISH LIBRARY's ARCHIVES of the WEST INDIES.

Last edited:

Kiz

This PROVES that the SHAKERS RELIGION is HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED (not someone claiming it was in Trinidad such and such time without any HISTORICAL PROOF....not someone claiming it was in Trinidad then it was brought to St. Vincent without any HISTORICAL PROOF) by the GOVERNMENT of the day since 1813.

Nobody is desputing the fact that there are HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED documents that gives ah specific date about the SHAKERS RELIGION in SV.....and being that it was never documented when it exactly came to Trinidad there is no telling which island practiced the religion first. It was never documented meaning that we dont know wheather it was b4 or after.........even thought it changes nothing

And just BASED on the FACT that the Shakerism Prohibition Ordinance which was passed in 1813 says that the RELIGION was ALREADY ESTABLISHED in St. Vincent, wayyyyyyyy before that ORDINANCE went into affect, says that this is where the religion began.

Yes the Religion was already established in 1813 in SV......but that does not prove that there is where the religion began...

That being the CASE, you tell me how it came from Trinidad to St. Vincent.....show me some REAL EVIDENCE of this....and show me some REAL DOCUMENTATION where the "SHOUTERS" religion is DOCUMENTED in TRINIDAD before the 1900's or before 1813?

you ent show me no revelent evidence yet.

The SHAKERS RELIGIoN, which you guys called SHOUTERS, was BROUGHT to TRINIDAD by VINCIES, as early as the beginning of the 1900's, and that is a DOCUMENTED and HISTORICAL FACT, not no he say she say that you guys LOVE to BRING UP as proof that it started in TRINIDAD.

show me where

Go and CHECK out the HISTORY of when the SHOUTERS religion was created and BAN in TRINIDAD and you will KNOW that what was DOCUMENTED as to how the religion came about in TRINIDAD, and who BROUGHT it, will LEAD you STRAIGHT back to the LAND of the BLESSED, St. Vincent.

you need to go check..

It is all in the BRITISH LIBRARY's ARCHIVES of the WEST INDIES.

show me where it say SV brought the religion to TNT
I doh have the patience to argue wid you.......You believe wha you want .....this still have no revelence on what the faith is today in TNT.......it makes no difference and holds absolutely no bearings....

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
I doh have the patience to argue wid you.......You believe wha you want .....this still have no revelence on what the faith is today in TNT.......it makes no difference and holds absolutely no bearings....
I shown DOCUMENTED PROOF that it was ALREADY ESTABLISHED in SVG way before any DOCUMENTED PROOF that it was ESTABLISHED in TRINIDAD.

Moreover, I SHOWN DOCUMENTED PROOF that the illegal PRACTICE of the SHAKERS religion took place in 1813 with the prohibition ORDINANCE over a HUNDRED years before any such act took place in Trinidad. You cannot show no such PROOF because NONE EXISTED in Trinidad.

You shown where the BAN on the SHOUTERS took place in 1917and I shown that the ordinance in Trinidad was INFLUENCED by the one that took place in St. Vincent in 1913.

If you have to take the EVIDENCE to a JURY, the OVERWHELMING RESPONSE/SUPPORT would be in FAVOR of this religion being ESTABLISHED in St. Vincent way before it came to Trinidad.

But nnoooooo, not you guys....you guys have been sooo USED to TIEFING...and I will say it again....TIEFING.... other people's culture/religion and claim as your OWN that it has become quite amusing when I see these CLAIMS being PERPETRATED in this day and age of the INTERNET.

Why do you think you guys are INFAMOUSLY called "TRICKADADIANS"? It is because of PRACTICES of this NATURE.

Aryo CAN NEVER ADMIT that what is ESTABLISHED in TRINIDAD actually came to your ISLAND via another island, especially a so-called SMALL ISLAND.

Nevertheless, here is more of the HINTS of where it came from, but NEVER fully ADMITTED. To do so would be to GIVE CREDIT to another island for what you guys want to CLAIM as being CREATED/STARTED in TRINIDAD first.

Sad INDEED!

Some sources also maintain that the religion originated in St. Vincent and was brought by migrants to Trinidad in the nineteenth century.

Although Vincentian migrants may indeed have been practicing Shouters or "Shakers" as they are called in St. Vincent, the majority of the historical evidence now seems to support the view that the faith was already well established in Trinidad by the middle of the nineteenth century. It is an indigenous religion without any foreign parent body that was formed in Trinidad and Tobago.

2. Its Prohibition
The Spiritual Shouter Baptist Faith and its observances were banned in this country for a period of 34 years from 1917 to 1951. The colonial government of the day passed a piece of legislation, The Shouters Prohibition Ordinance, on November 16, 1917.

The then Attorney General noted in his comments that: "Apparently the Shouters have had a somewhat stormy history from all I have been able to learn regarding them. They seem, if they did not arise there, to have flourished exceedingly in St. Vincent, and to have made themselves such an unmitigated nuisance that they had to be legislated out of existence. They then came to Trinidad and continued complaints have been received by the Government some time past as to their practices."

The legislative Council of St. Vincent had already passed such a prohibitive ordinance in 1912, and that of Trinidad some years later was closely modeled after it. The Ordinance prohibited a person from holding flowers or a lighted candle in their hands at a public meeting; ringing a bell or wearing a white headtie and any form of shaking of the body.

dedetriniking

This guy really have ah weird complex yuh know. Ah swear that he looks at tnt culture for anything even remotely similar to tnt and then claims it began there because slaves were in st vincent first.

**Vincy-Soca-Diva**

Mommy Dearest

No from since a little girl I was taught spiritual Baptist was founded in St.Vincent, Orisha Baptist in Trinidad. At this point in time I don't know what is true anymore. (Other than I love my religion :lol)I did the research and many have point that Vincy was the land of the Baptist, and Orisha was the land of Trini ( all of course originated from Africa). All I know in the end Vincy has had Baptist in the land way b4 the 40's cause my Great-grand-mother and some members were arrested sometime b4 the 40's.
In the end the point of the article was to inform peole the differnece. In the end both religions come from Africa:The Mother Land and that's that. It seems like this will always be debate among many.

Thanks KIZ for the article.

Last edited:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
This guy really have ah weird complex yuh know. Ah swear that he looks at tnt culture for anything even remotely similar to tnt and then claims it began there because slaves were in st vincent first.
Nope, that is your OWN THINKING.

Again, TRYING to TIEF what has already been ESTABLISHED in another ISLAND as ORIGINATING in T&T.

Aryo GOOD yes.

Aryo TRULY are DESERVING of the TRICKADADIAN LABEL that was GIVEN to that ISLAND DONKEY YEARS ago.

:kicks:kicks@the LAME EXCUSE that the SPIRITUAL BAPTIST religion in the Caribbean was in TRINIDAD then was taken to St. Vincent....just so as to give the FALSEHOOD that it started there instead of where it is HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED by the GOVERNMENT of the DAY and by MANY who have THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED the RELIGION in the Caribbean and have OVERWHELMINGLY CONCLUDED where it started first, in VINCYLAND...thus originated there.

But noooooo, LEAVE it up to the TRICKADADIANS to put their LYING SPIN on HISTORICAL FACTS.

Like I said, LYING about and taking CREDIT for what has already been ESTABLISHED in other islands as originated in TRICKADADIAN land is aryo CLAIM to FAME.....it is in ARYO genes.....aryo caah HELP it.

Last edited:

soca_souljah

Alliouagana Garveyite
I shown DOCUMENTED PROOF that it was ALREADY ESTABLISHED in SVG way before any DOCUMENTED PROOF that it was ESTABLISHED in TRINIDAD.

Moreover, I SHOWN DOCUMENTED PROOF that the illegal PRACTICE of the SHAKERS religion took place in 1813 with the prohibition ORDINANCE over a HUNDRED years before any such act took place in Trinidad. You cannot show no such PROOF because NONE EXISTED in Trinidad.

You shown where the BAN on the SHOUTERS took place in 1917and I shown that the ordinance in Trinidad was INFLUENCED by the one that took place in St. Vincent in 1913.

If you have to take the EVIDENCE to a JURY, the OVERWHELMING RESPONSE/SUPPORT would be in FAVOR of this religion being ESTABLISHED in St. Vincent way before it came to Trinidad.

But nnoooooo, not you guys....you guys have been sooo USED to TIEFING...and I will say it again....TIEFING.... other people's culture/religion and claim as your OWN that it has become quite amusing when I see these CLAIMS being PERPETRATED in this day and age of the INTERNET.

Why do you think you guys are INFAMOUSLY called "TRICKADADIANS"? It is because of PRACTICES of this NATURE. :kicks

Aryo CAN NEVER ADMIT that what is ESTABLISHED in TRINIDAD actually came to your ISLAND via another island, especially a so-called SMALL ISLAND.

Nevertheless, here is more of the HINTS of where it came from, but NEVER fully ADMITTED. To do so would be to GIVE CREDIT to another island for what you guys want to CLAIM as being CREATED/STARTED in TRINIDAD first.

Sad INDEED!

Some sources also maintain that the religion originated in St. Vincent and was brought by migrants to Trinidad in the nineteenth century.

Although Vincentian migrants may indeed have been practicing Shouters or "Shakers" as they are called in St. Vincent, the majority of the historical evidence now seems to support the view that the faith was already well established in Trinidad by the middle of the nineteenth century. It is an indigenous religion without any foreign parent body that was formed in Trinidad and Tobago.

2. Its Prohibition
The Spiritual Shouter Baptist Faith and its observances were banned in this country for a period of 34 years from 1917 to 1951. The colonial government of the day passed a piece of legislation, The Shouters Prohibition Ordinance, on November 16, 1917.

The then Attorney General noted in his comments that: "Apparently the Shouters have had a somewhat stormy history from all I have been able to learn regarding them. They seem, if they did not arise there, to have flourished exceedingly in St. Vincent, and to have made themselves such an unmitigated nuisance that they had to be legislated out of existence. They then came to Trinidad and continued complaints have been received by the Government some time past as to their practices."

The legislative Council of St. Vincent had already passed such a prohibitive ordinance in 1912, and that of Trinidad some years later was closely modeled after it. The Ordinance prohibited a person from holding flowers or a lighted candle in their hands at a public meeting; ringing a bell or wearing a white headtie and any form of shaking of the body.
:movies

Kiz

you shown proof that the religion was documented in SV before it was documented in TT. You ent show when the SB was established in either country becuz there is no documentation to show when it was established in either country

Exactly! That is why we (both you and I do not kno for sure where it was established first)

It set a precedence becuz it was banned in SV first and the colonial was looking for somethin to model their ban after......Just shows that it was banned in SV 4 years before it was banned in Trinidad :rofl: big deal

You and this crap that you posting would be thrown out of court landing in the closest ravine

who the hell are you guys? How did "you guys" tief something that was brought from Africa to both countries........ and how did "you guys" tief ah whole damn religion and claim it for our own......you are such ah joke......

Why do you think you guys are INFAMOUSLY called "TRICKADADIANS"? It is because of PRACTICES of this NATURE.

what does that have to do wid de post......now the real issue comes out........I will buy you some band aids for your sores cuz you have many

and why should we.........there is no proof only theorie(s) which changes nothing

show me where I did this...up to now I ent say so.....SV or Trini deserves no credit....credit go to the motherland

Sad INDEED!

very!

:rofl:mad:some sources.......there are a myriad of sourses out there saying other things also. Most of the stuff is theory

since you have "Some Sources" I have "Other Sources" that have other theories including yours which I would not rule out any
http://library2.nalis.gov.tt/Default.aspx?tabid=174

Thanks for supporting......ah tink yuh missed dat part:rofl:

:music Fight ah good fight:music
:music With all yuh might:music

2. Its Prohibition

does not mean that the Spiritual Baptist in Trinidad did not already exist.......

It was only the prohibitive ordinance that was modeled after SV own........it still shows no proof which country it was practiced in first.

We can go back and forth with dis from now to thy kingdom come but what purpose will it serve. I will not be swayed....neither does it change, add or take away from anything......

Sad to see that we are caught up on trivial matters like which islad has the right to claim ah religion first; SV or TT......Honestly if it really and truly started it SV and walked across the water to Trinidad it changes absolutely nothing in my life.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
It was only the prohibitive ordinance that was modeled after SV own........it still shows no proof which country it was practiced in first.

We can go back and forth with dis from now to thy kingdom come but what purpose will it serve. I will not be swayed....neither does it change, add or take away from anything......

Sad to see that we are caught up on trivial matters like which islad has the right to claim ah religion first; SV or TT......Honestly if it really and truly started it SV and walked across the water to Trinidad it changes absolutely nothing in my life.
You MISSED the POINTS I made.

The COMMENT that you INCREASED in SIZE is one that was made by someone who QUITE OBVIOUSLY has an AGENDA.

However, when you LOOK at the HISTORICAL FACTS all ROADS lead to VINCYLAND.

That is the POINT I am TRYING to DRIVE HOME.

You have YET to come up with any HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that put into QUESTION St. VINCENT being the ORIGIN of this RELIGION.

Like I said, anyone can say anything. A person can say that the ART of TIEFING and LYING are INDIGENOUS to TRINIDAD instead of another island. But where is the PROOF to SUBSTANTIATE those CLAIMS?

It is this VERY POINT that I have been TRYING to make you SEE.

The HISTORICAL and DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE says it STARTED in St. Vincent.

Someone saying something like "It is an indigenous religion without any foreign parent body that was formed in Trinidad and Tobago." doesn't MEAN CRAP unless you can SUBSTANTIATE that CLAIM with CONCRETE or HARD EVIDENCE.

And simply BASED on what is INFRONT of us that OUTRAGEOUS CLAIM doesn't HOLD WATER.

Everything about the SHOUTERS came AFTER the SHAKERS RELIGION ESTABLISHED in St. VINCENT.

That is a HISTORICAL FACT....no ROMANCING of the TRUTH can CHANGE it.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
By the way, I have all the EVIDENCE infront of me that I have YET to TOUCH, because I see no NEED to do so at this TIME.

But I would SUGGEST that you read "Journeys to the Spiritual Lands: The Natural History of a West Indian Religion" By Wallace W. Zane.

It will HELP you GREATLY about what I have ALREADY STATED. Which is, VINCYLAND is where "THE CONVERTED"...the SHAKERS RELIGION started in the Caribbean.

Kiz

You MISSED the POINTS I made.

you ent mek ah revelant point yet

The COMMENT that you INCREASED in SIZE is one that was made by someone who QUITE OBVIOUSLY has an AGENDA.

:rofl: .....you posted the article to back up yuh claim now you bawling........dat the comment was made by someone who QUITE OBVIOUSLY has ah AGENDA...:rofl: you real Vicky Vy

However, when you LOOK at the HISTORICAL FACTS all ROADS lead to VINCYLAND.

not true........One theory leads to Vincy.......that I am not ruling out but not taking it as a fact

That is the POINT I am TRYING to DRIVE HOME.

You have YET to come up with any HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that put into QUESTION St. VINCENT being the ORIGIN of this RELIGION.

and you havent come up wid any yuhself to show Vincy being the origin of the SB religion yet......The origin of the religion goes back to Africa......

Like I said, anyone can say anything. A person can say that the ART of TIEFING and LYING are INDIGENOUS to TRINIDAD instead of another island. But where is the PROOF to SUBSTANTIATE those CLAIMS?

Well I figure if someone (you) is posting up ah article to show proof to justify his or her position and their own article disputes what they are trying to sell den they to revamp

It is this VERY POINT that I have been TRYING to make you SEE.

The HISTORICAL and DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE says it STARTED in St. Vincent.

Someone saying something like "It is an indigenous religion without any foreign parent body that was formed in Trinidad and Tobago." doesn't MEAN CRAP unless you can SUBSTANTIATE that CLAIM with CONCRETE or HARD EVIDENCE.

you posted the article as proof boss not me.....

And simply BASED on what is INFRONT of us that OUTRAGEOUS CLAIM doesn't HOLD WATER.

Everything about the SHOUTERS came AFTER the SHAKERS RELIGION ESTABLISHED in St. VINCENT.

and again who is saying this? But where is the PROOF to SUBSTANTIATE those CLAIMS (that you speak about).....you just adding in as you go along.....yuh reaching now.....

That is a HISTORICAL FACT....no ROMANCING of the TRUTH can CHANGE it.
and no DISTORTION of the TRUTH can CHANGE it. You dun buss on yuh average already so I dun wid you.

cuz daiz the the POWA of de VINCY

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh

Last edited: