Barbadian man charged with slashing Guyanese wife to death

Seawall

My wife told me about this before it hit the news. The deceased woman (RIP) was a friend of her mother. I hope the killer has a miserable life.

Barbadian man charged with slashing Guyanese wife to death

Written by Demerara Waves
Tuesday, 07 May 2013 06:18

Allan Alston Belle is charged with the slashing death of his wife, Brenda Belle. (Nigel Browne)
AFTER DAYS under police guard at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a man charged in connection with the slashing death of his estranged wife appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court on Monday, the Barbados Nation reported.
Allan Alston Belle, 58, a landscaper of St Barnabas Heights, St Michael, was not required to say anything to the charge that he murdered Guyanese Brenda Belle, on April 30.
Magistrate Douglas Frederick remanded the accused to HMP Dodds until June 3, when he is due to reappear in court.
The woman’s daughter, Paula Duncan, has said that her stepfather had been having a relationship with a woman while her mother was in Guyana four years ago. When Brenda returned to Barbados, she found the woman living in the house.
According to Paula, her mother broke up with Alan and eventually struck up a relationship with another man.
When Alan returned to the new home of his wife, he shattered the windows. When the woman and her lover fled the building, Belle eventually caught his wife and chopped her several times about her body with a cutlass.
He attempted to commit suicide by ingesting a poisonous substance but was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he recovered and was subsequently charged with murder.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
didn't someone post something similar the other day? SMH. he will get what is coming to him. sorry to hear that this was your wife's mother's friend.