College Basketball

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Stipends.... definitely not Salaries.
and not just college basketball...
Agreed. I find that some of these players generate far too much income for these schools that in many instances don't see to it that these athletes are getting the full benefit of the scholarships they are afforded.

T

T-MAKAA

Neither. Especially if they got a scholarship for this skill.

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
Neither. Especially if they got a scholarship for this skill.
Normally I would agree but unlike mainstream students.. collegiate athletes aren't even allowed to "work" part-time to have some walk around money. They aren't even allowed to flip burgers for minimum wage.

Oneshot

where de crix
Stipends.... definitely not Salaries.
and not just college basketball...
so how much? i figure ~ 15K? (that excludes tution etc)

yeh i agree the college bowl is rid################.. everyone maknig money of the players.. but themselves.

KimmyK

Waiting on my spaceship..
Great, so we can have more young black knuckle heads walking around flossin instead of getting an education..

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Great, so we can have more young black knuckle heads walking around flossin instead of getting an education..
U think having a lil bit of pocket change is enough to floss? Why not allow them to at least work part-time? Why restrict them from any earning potential whatsoever while making millions from their sweat?

KimmyK

They shouldn't even get no damn full scholarship. Let them work hard like everybody else. Dese mofos feel they entitled because they know how to throw a damn ball in a net.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
They shouldn't even get no damn full scholarship. Let them work hard like everybody else. Dese mofos feel they entitled because they know how to throw a damn ball in a net.
U only lookin at it from a disgruntled student angle. These kids help generate millions of dollars for the NCAA and their respective schools, why shouldn't they recieve full scholarships? So you find they should pay for school, be restricted from working and meantime the schools and NCAA profiting? Tell me I'm wrong please.

KimmyK

U only lookin at it from a disgruntled student angle. These kids help generate millions of dollars for the NCAA and their respective schools, why shouldn't they recieve full scholarships? So you find they should pay for school, be restricted from working and meantime the schools and NCAA profiting? Tell me I'm wrong please.
You're wrong, please.

:kicks

T

T-MAKAA

Normally I would agree but unlike mainstream students.. collegiate athletes aren't even allowed to "work" part-time to have some walk around money. They aren't even allowed to flip burgers for minimum wage.
Yet why isnt it said they are struggling? I am sure they are covered for meals and books. Hmmm Idk

Oneshot

where de crix
15K over 4 years of school?
nah per annum

i figure 300K (15K * 20 players) per annum is nothing compared to what those colleges collect from tickets sales, advertising, alumni give backs, (could go one)..

Kimmy K.. come on seriously, dem man contributing more to the school directly than the average academic student

KimmyK

nah per annum

i figure 300K (15K * 20 players) per annum is nothing compared to what those colleges collect from tickets sales, advertising, alumni give backs, (could go one)..

Kimmy K.. come on seriously, dem man contributing more to the school directly than the average academic student
lol.

The Captain

If you ever saw the Miami U documentary on ESPN, The Football team helped break on science buildings and other facilities to help raise the university's profile. The amount of money given in a scholarship is disproportionate to the money the programs generate for the school.