How things are going in your area?

wheatnest

Has your own city/state done a good job so far for containing Covid-19 cases?

We're all got bothered and worried when this pandemic hit the world. We became anxious about our health, our safety, and our family's and loved ones' so it's better to know that in our backyard and community that we are safer inside compare to other places.

My area's been fairing well but we are still high on covid cases, but with yuletide season coming in, not sure how bad it can get again.

MBrendon

It's absolute madness.

The number of cars on the road the past couple of days have been crazy.

We need to lock down for a month ahead of Christmas. Just have grocery stores and the really essential businesses stay open. With the number of people out and about, closing indoor dining and gyms or whatever just aren't going to get us to where we need to be. And with Christmas coming up, we need to drive that number way, way down. The half-ass lockdown in my state (Washington) and others won't do it. We need to just shut shit down for a month completely.

The federal government needs to be giving states the incentive to shut down and drive down these virus numbers. States can't afford to go into lockdown and tell people they can't go to work, when the state doesn't have the funds needed to be a safety net for all the business owners, employees, renters, landlords, etc. The federal government needs to be the driving force behind states going into lockdown, and it's just not happening.

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.