I am made to wonder if some of us here understand the difference?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I notice that some folks here are confusing being born in the Ghetto with folks exhibiting classic Ghetto behaviour.

To me the difference is like understanding that there is a difference between being born Black and exhibiting N!gga/slave-minded behaviour.

It is also like understanding the difference between being a strong supportive woman and being a b!tch.

So the question now is, how many of us here understand that there is a difference between being from the Ghetto and behaving Ghetto?

It is not impossible to be born in a poor/ghetto area and to still be able to exhibit good broughtupsy provided you have been brought up properly by good loving responsible parents who make giving their children a decent education and teaching them good morals a top priority.

Don't know why but there seems to be confusion about the difference by some members of the forum.

Lucianite

what is ghetto behavior ?

And who defined and made this up ? And why .?

And don't forget include the Etymology

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero

A ghetto is a part of a city in which members of a minority group live, especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure.[1] The term was originally used in Venice to describe the part of the city to which Jews were restricted and segregated.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

What is n!gga behaviour ?

And who defined and made this up ? And why ?

And don't foget include the Etymology

You either do that and then I'll response or continue to play stupid!

I already laid out my query in my opening post and most folks with an once of common sense will understand exactly what I asked and where I am coming from. :good:

Lucianite

What is n!gga behaviour ?

And who defined and made this up ? And why ?

And don't foget include the Etymology

You either do that and then I'll response or continue to play stupid!

I already laid out my query in my opening post and most folks with an once of common sense will understand exactly what I asked and where I am coming from. :good:

Why you asking me to define something I did not describe or brought up ?

I never said anything about there is " #################### behavior"

You said that

Lucianite

I notice that some folks here are confusing being born in the Ghetto with folks exhibiting classic Ghetto behaviour.

To me the difference is like understanding that there is a difference between being born Black and exhibiting N!gga/slave-minded behaviour.

It is also like understanding the difference between being a strong supportive woman and being a b!tch.

So the question now is, how many of us here understand that there is a difference between being from the Ghetto and behaving Ghetto?

It is not impossible to be born in a poor/ghetto area and to still be able to exhibit good broughtupsy provided you have been brought up properly by good loving responsible parents who make giving their children a decent education and teaching them good morals a top priority.

Don't know why but there seems to be confusion about the difference by some members of the forum.

This why I ask u ... I am trying to learn what is " ghetto behavior ". ?

You claimed to know what it is is

Help a brotha put

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Why you asking me to define something I did not describe or brought up ?

I never said anything about there is " #################### behavior"

You said that
The point of this thread is about the modern context in which the word Ghetto is used especially in America as I already know about the history of the word.

Now continue to pretend yuh dotish and I will await some constructive responses from others worth engaging.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Ghetto behavior, speaking yiddish, eating kosher foods, sabbath on saturday....
Good and do you as a person automatically assume that everyone from the Ghetto behaves in such a manner or do you accept that there are also some so-called middle class people (from middle class areas) who may also behave like that?

D

DiTriniempress

People can be born in the ghetto and move on to be productive members in society, level headed people etc there is many of them but most of the time people born in ghetto environments stick to an irrational certain way of thinking and behavior that keeps them from progressing and its that what I cannot stand. Just because you are born in the ghetto doesn't mean you need to be a walking stereotype.

Now unfortunately for some blacks especially in America they think engaging in ghetto behavior is what truly being black is and anything deviating from the norm is a sellout. Listening to house,rock,country music....surfing....not wearing the latest Nikes,Jordans etc....speaking proper....not interrupting the class and paying attention is classified "a lame" by the swagged out ignorant ghetto black kids who often amount to nothing in life. These are the main ones that quick to yell whitey this whitey that.

P.s I'm talking about blacks because this a black forum.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Steel. pan may be considered or was ghetto behavior. It started in the ghetto of laventile... No
It was started mainly by folks from the poor ghetto areas of PoS Trinidad but it is an instrument that can now play the most classy and sophisticated music so what does that tell you?

Lucianite

The point of this thread is about the modern context in which the word Ghetto is used especially in America as I already know about the history of the word.

Now continue to pretend yuh dotish and I will await some constructive responses from others worth engaging.

How about the ghetto or behavior in uk .?

Lemme guess you live in or near buckingham

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
Good and do you as a person automatically assume that everyone from the Ghetto behaves in such a manner or do you accept that there are also some so-called middle class people (from middle class areas) who may also behave like that?
Are you really unable to distinguish between a person or persons not understanding the meaning of a word, and not agreeing with its usage, or the context in which it is used?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Are you really unable to distinguish between a person or persons not understanding the meaning of a word, and not agreeing with its usage, or the context in which it is used?
I already laid out in the opening post the context in which the word Ghetto is regularly being used today and simply asked if folks understand that someone can be born in the Ghetto but still not exhibit classic Ghetto behaviour.

In other words if I say that someone is Ghetto it should not be based on where they grew up but more on their actual behaviour as there are people from better off areas who also exhibit ghetto behaviour.

Lucianite

But here are good and positive behavior from some people in the ghetto
Why are only the bad stuff attributed to the ghettoness

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
But here are good and positive behavior from some people in the ghetto
Why are only the bad stuff attributed to the ghettoness
Good question but it seems to be.

Maybe its because the majority of people from the Ghetto seem to exhibit classic "Ghetto Behaviour".

Can you give us some good stereotype examples of ghettoness?

Lucianite

I find that people form the "ghetto". Or who themselves are tacky are the ones so entrenched in calling and trying so hard to define and label people as " ghetto"

Really that has been my experience