I am made to wonder if some of us here understand the difference?

Lucianite

Good question but it seems to be.

Maybe its because the majority of people from the Ghetto seem to exhibit classic "Ghetto Behaviour".

Can you give us some good sterotype examples of ghettoness?

I don't call or categorize people as ghetto" I have no definition for " ghetto behavior "

I think it is used to marginalize a lot black people in certain socio economic brackets
Just like you think calling other the n word is wrong I think the same for " ghetto" and same with n word

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I don't call or categorize people as ghetto" I have no definition for " ghetto behavior "

I think it is used to marginalize a lot black people in certain socio economic brackets
Just like you think calling other the n word is wrong I think the same for " ghetto" and same with n word
You need to make up your mind!

You can't say that the word "ghetto" is used to marginalize black people in one breathe and then say that you regard its use as the same as the use of the n word in the next breathe.

And why can't you give me some good meanings for the word Ghetto in the context that it is commonly used?

D

DiTriniempress

Lucianite why you keep pretending that ghetto behavior/people dont exist? I guess yelling "yo mama b!tch" out a car window or something isnt ghetto to you smh

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Lucianite why you keep pretending that ghetto behavior/people dont exist? I guess yelling "yo mama b!tch" out a car window or something isnt ghetto to you smh
That behaviour is regarded as ghetto because it is commonly exhibited by folks from the Ghetto areas.

This does not mean that everyone from the Ghetto behaves like that but the majority tends to do hence the stereotype coming into existence.

Lucianite

You need to make up your mind!

You can't say that the word "ghetto" is used to marginalize black people in one breathe and then say that you regard its use as the same as the use of the n word in the next breathe.

And why can't you give me some good meanings for the word Ghetto in the context that it is commonly used?

Huh ?

Both ghetto and n word are negative and marginalizing .... No contradiction

Why are you asking me for examples after I told you repeatedly I don't use the word
You made the thread to distinguish between ghetto behavior and loving in

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
It's tacky and vulgar behavior period

I know how "ghetto"is used so I don't use it .......
I am still waiting for you to give us some good stereotype examples of good ghetto behaviour to justify your stance.
Please don't keep us waiting forever.

Lucianite

I am still waiting for you to give us some good stereotype examples of good ghetto behaviour to justify your stance.
Please don't keep us waiting forever.

:headbang

I don't use the word ......

The whole point of the word created by people like you is to ascribe negative behavior to poor black neighborhoods

Why are u asking me such a question ?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
:headbang

I don't use the word ......

The whole point of the word created by people like you is to ascribe negative behavior to poor black neighborhoods

Why are u asking me such a question ?
So if the term "Ghetto behaviour" is used in the appropriate context to accurately describe someone's behaviour then what is wrong with that?

Do you honestly believe that some Black people don't act like slave-minded n!ggas and so accurately describing them as such when it is warranted is wrong?

Carib2

So if the term "Ghetto behaviour" is used in the appropriate context to accurately describe someone's behaviour then what is wrong with that?

Do you honestly believe that some Black people don't act like slave-minded n!ggas and so accurately describing them as such when it is warranted is wrong?
I agree with what you're saying 100% and alot of people from "ghettos" act in a certain way because either they don't want to stand out from the crowd or they are under-educated (which alot of people are in these ghettos) so fuss cant think outside their environment and just CONFORM to stereotypes society groups them into.

Ok so I think the word "ghetto" is too American to use but in the UK you'll see similar stuff like poor areas inhabited by working class people where alot of young people act in a thuggish/narrow minded way like the hoodrats wearing the latest nike trainers, tracksuits, snapbacks and jeans showing their underwear...

Its a complex problem and is repeated in some form in every country from Sweden to Australia to Canada. Its a racial-socioeconomic-power problem for alot of young black people in Britain they know that their powerless (or less likely to achieve) so they just do what society expects of them which is....

TO CONFORM TO NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES PERPETUATED BY MEDIA AND EVEN FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Black people.in these western-white countries are at the bottom of the RACIAL-hierarchy so when a black man does succeed he might not get that top job because of deep bedded racial stereotypes of that black man instead a white man will get offered that job..