Is calling someone FAT derogatory

SKBai1991

fock outta here wid dat political correctness...if yuh fat yuh fat. Ah tiyad dis nonsense bout ppl cyah talk d truth juss ca e hut ppl feelings

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
As in you tapping a person on the shoulder to say "hey you're fat"

Or standing from afar and pointing and calling them fat?

TC

Steuuuupssss!
I say no.. but.. apparently it is.
I think it depends on the context, the location and the "race" of the woman...calling a white woman ANYWHERE on the planet fat apparently is derogatory...whether she's fat or not.

In parts of the Caribbean especially with a "ph" phat it's a compliment.

If somebody is just malicious and know someone is having weight issues-wanting to be somewhat smaller, if the malicious person wants to be mean, they can simply call the person fat and the word fat in that context and tone can be interpreted as derogatory.

DerMonger

You can think someone is fat.

But you shouldn't go out of your way to let them know that and pass judgement. It really shouldn't be your business how people are physically.

But if they're conceited about their looks and belittle others' looks and they overweight theyselves. Or if you making risque camera poses in revealing attire and I'm asked my honest opinion then ill say yeah youz a heffa,lol.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
hmm it's considered not politically correct to say that.. the "correct" term is plus sized....in this era of self esteem building and sensitivity... people are building fortresses on euphemisms... so she's not fat.. she's big boned, plus sized, etc...oh how could i forget my favorite.. thick..

Oneshot

where de crix
I said Adele would have been just another fat chick had she not have broken up with her boyfriend and started writing, singing and etc.

To me it was comparable to saying Jordan would have been just another black guy without the jump shot.

Klang

Real Patriot
no its not, cus im sure even if you call somebody big, overweight, big boned etc they would still get offended

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
hmm it's considered not politically correct to say that.. the "correct" term is plus sized....in this era of self esteem building and sensitivity... people are building fortresses on euphemisms... so she's not fat.. she's big boned, plus sized, etc...oh how could i forget my favorite.. thick..
Shut up Fluffy the Body

NASDAQ

if yuh fat, yuh fat, what is the problem? everybody want trophies for participating these days..not for winning.

make everybody feel good... i tell people i fat all the time it's not a big deal

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
I said Adele would have been just another fat chick had she not have broken up with her boyfriend and started writing, singing and etc.

To me it was comparable to saying Jordan would have been just another black guy without the jump shot.
oh please she sang before that...

she may not have had the inspiration to write the lyrics she did but a breakup didnt make her career

rude!

most times i just say big, kinda big

J

Juan Dan

I been trying to lose 92 pounds since I got divorced
thats two years ago
I think its wite rum or water weight
if one thinks I am fat then so be it
if one wants to say it then I can call them whatever
its best to be polite

it is not an insult

just dont take offense to be called, ########################, ####################, black, skinny, yardie, trickiedadian, guyonknees, smallie, brooklyn fat gyal, backward from florida, etc, etc, etc...