Is Haiti the Sub Saharan Africa of the Caribbean?

A.K.K.S.

Extreme poverty, traditional African religions, low HDI, but low HIV infection rate and actually took their freedom from the white man...

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Haven't we been over this? Most of you have never been to Haiti and only know what you've seen on CNN, the recent boat Haitians, and whatever you read on wikipedia. So how can you make statements as if you know anything? :kicks

Haven't we been over this? Most of you have never been to Haiti and only know what you've seen on CNN, the recent boat Haitians, and whatever you read on wikipedia. So how can you make statements as if you know anything? :kicks
so i we cant talk cuz we never been 2 haiti, how come u get free reign to act like you know it all? negro please

J

Juan Dan

so i we cant talk cuz we never been 2 haiti, how come u get free reign to act like you know it all? negro please
I think you will be one of the main ones I blame if this site starts becoming like the others

and all the ones I blame just so happen to have a certain mindset
Brooklyn or florida hoodrat

in any case you cant say I didn't tell you

tell you a joke
I was being coerced to go to a bullshit website right
all kinds of promises and bullshit
I said "wish them the best yet I am not going over there"
today that website is completely ded
man all come pon himix and tell lie pon me
people a pretend dem a me fren a try set me up fi go a de site so that people can use me as "punching bad"
never mind these people are unhappy "just netters"
in any case the site is completely ded

know why that is?
I can tell you yet why bother

whole point being
if this is your personality then fine

yet you cant have 50 people pretending
and then couple years later they all no longer pretending cause facebook fukd up their bullshit
confuses the soul I think

in any case your choices
be stereotypical "just playing" robots or be thyself or something close to

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Pretty much. Why would you come in making ASSumptions about a place you know nothing about? You've never been there, you haven't grown up in or around the culture which is evident from your lack of understanding of our culture, and you constantly insult us. And somehow you think you are allowed to tell us what Haiti is? OK go for it :kicks :kicks

Why don't you tell us exactly why Haiti is the Sub Sah......?

Aquinhaiti4ever

That's al Haterific does posting kaka about Haiti he probably still living with his parents if he had anything good going on in his life he wouldn't talking shit like that

Mannerism, speech, looks and appearance, same on development index and relative instability in both places, Haiti is the poorest in the region and sub Saharan as a region is poorest in the world. The widespread adherence to ancestral religion. The history of political instability and dictatorial rule, the police force and army being heavily used by the political officials, dependence on foreign aid. Only thing Haiti never had civil war, everything else matches like a puzzle.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Mannerism, speech, looks and appearance, same on development index and relative instability in both places, Haiti is the poorest in the region and sub Saharan as a region is poorest in the world. The widespread adherence to ancestral religion. The history of political instability and dictatorial rule, the police force and army being heavily used by the political officials, dependence on foreign aid. Only thing Haiti never had civil war, everything else matches like a puzzle.
Mannerisms? You'll have to explain what mannerisms you see and compare it to which people and or country in Sub Saharan Africa. It's a big place so you'll have to give some details. I'll expect to see that backed up by records of these particular people even being shipped to Haiti.

Speech? What the Kreyol language? Or Langaj from Vodou? The gross romanticizing of Kreyol being more African than French is just that. Romanticizing. It is not a mix of anything other than the French variants or dialects spoken by early settlers.

Looks and appearances - Well duh that's obvious. Finally you got one :kicks

Development index and relative instability - Seriously? What directly links Haiti? And to what country or people of Sub Saharan Africa? Again we are talking about a LARGE place here.

Religion - You got two now! :kicks This should have been first. I imagine you are talking about Vodou right? It's one of the biggest things we have with the three West African rites in vodou coming from Kongo, Nago (mostly northern Haiti) and Rada. But you have to remember that while it started off African, it ends up merging with European Roman Catholicism in the end. Making it a new world religion.

Political instability? So has most of the rest of Latin America :kicks

"Army being heavily used by the political officials" - Have you ever heard of Caudillo Politics? Porfirio Díaz, Trujillo, any of these ringing a bell? Fitting right in with our Latin brothers again :kicks

How come you haven't mentioned music? Food? There are better and more obvious examples out there. SMH

SKBai1991

Aryou do realise there are sub-saharan countries that are growing faster than many Caribbean countries, right?