lil wayne said f new york city

Nica

SAINTSational
As I said in another forum:

ok so he doesn't like NY... big friggin deal!! Is that going to change the price of tea in China? And a state Senator responded to that? Doesn't he have more pressing matters on his desk?
Why is he following the likes and dislikes of master splinter?

Shoot I live in NY and I don't like here.

Nica

SAINTSational
This is the story

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Lil Wayne says he doesn’t like New York and now one state senator is demanding an apology. The rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., recently told MTV News “Flat out: I don’t like New York.”
Maybe he forgot how to love the city that State Sen. Malcolm Smith said is the birthplace of the hip hop music movement.

“New Yorkers are still very tough, very thick-skinned — it’s no question about it. One thing we’re not gonna do is be insulted,” Smith told reporters, including 1010 WINS’ Gary Baumgarten.

Smith said the comments outraged local fans and residents, who may just send a message to the rap star that he’ll have to make his young money somewhere else.

“You don’t like New York, you don’t have to come to New York. You don’t have to sell your products here and perhaps, we won’t come to your concerts,” Smith said.

Hip-Hop Summit Youth Council founder Charles Fisher also said he fears that since Lil Wayne is from New Orleans, his comments could start an East Coast vs. South hip hop war.

“It’s the young people that may get the wrong message,” he said.
It’s not clear what prompted Lil Wayne’s comments, but he was sentenced to one year in prison, stemming from gun charges in 2009. He served eight months in Rikers Island before being released in November 2010.

“I can tell you as someone who has raise my family here, I’ve taken strong exception to the words ‘I don’t like New York,’” Smith said.

Nica

SAINTSational
im amazed that you guys have time to follow what these ppl are doing. that man could be found dead and i wouldnt know till i opened IMIX
I don't follow the rat but when crap like that comes on the news as if that's legitimate news, you can't miss it.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
b/c the man say he don't like ny, it's an insult and he needs to apologize?! seriously!?? LOL. i'm sure there are plenty of other places that he doesn't like.

sankofaa

I will say as a new yorker ny is pretty wack right now, but most country dudes don't like it because its fast paced and not backwards. Plus I know local bad chicks up there that have shit on Wayne both in ny and miami

Namey Namey

I will say as a new yorker ny is pretty wack right now, but most country dudes don't like it because its fast paced and not backwards. Plus I know local bad chicks up there that have shit on Wayne both in ny and miami
So did he say F New York, or did he just say he doesn't like New York. Based on some of the posters here, NY seems to be a miserable racist place to live.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
maybe if he stated why he doesn't like it and his reasons seemed off i could see why one might take issue. otherwise, it's his prerogative.

So did he say F New York, or did he just say he doesn't like New York.
right. i don't see the article stating that he said, "f new york."

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
What kind of gangster senators y'all have up there?
Its an insult... He must apologize... Is he going off the 50 cent how to create beef manual?

Alyuh not getting the point, lil Wayne dissing new york is equivalent to celine dion dissing the us, collie buds dissing Jamaica or Allison Hinds dissing Trinidad. U have to respect the Mecca of your genre.

OverLord Strum

This makes NY look sooooo stupid. A state senator?

But wayne is just butt hurt because he went to jail over NYPD finding weed on his tour bus.

RasKefentse

RasGunta
Who cares...Even if NY stops supporting him it won't put a dent in his pocket...Only NY rappers need NY to survive and that's not even the case like before.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Not going to say I don't like the place, but I will say it brings out the bitter side of me. Every time I've been up to visit I come back angry. I'm not used to having to be rude just to be rude. As for that senator, he needs to find a file closet to get lost in. Why the hell does he care about what Lil' Wayne said? East Coast vs South war? :kicks

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
We aren't talking about Spanish town or Kingston, stick to the subject
It's a fact that you broke azz negroes are all packed into tiny little overpriced abodes, working from paycheck to paycheck that barely sustains life while proudly shouting from the rooftops how great new york city is.

new york city is a dump and the majority of the people living there live in abject poverty.