Money Talk....

socadahlin

socapineman said:
Anyone out there making loot ? where do you invest or save ?

have any financial ideas you want to share or bounce around ?

for starters two sites to look into for saving :

http://www.gmacbank.com/

http://home.ingdirect.com/

I like what I'm seeing at these two sites. What about http://emigrantdirect.com/# ? I see they up in CNN Money but just wanted to know if anyone has heard good things on the street about them like ING or GMAC.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
socadahlin said:
I like what I'm seeing at these two sites. What about http://emigrantdirect.com/# ? I see they up in CNN Money but just wanted to know if anyone has heard good things on the street about them like ING or GMAC.

Your...we as a ppl are late to the party....for most of us we need to start with a plan....FDIC, with interest rate going up, you can't go wrong....

BTW, ING, and GM are two of the strongest companies you are going to come across...check them out......better yet, it is FDIC. At 4.65 you can't go wrong.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
BLACK ENTERPRISE Declaration of Financial Empowerment

Get your copy, print and sign :

TODAY IS THE DAY I TAKE CONTROL
OF MY FINANCIAL DESTINY.

http://www.blackenterprise.com/Investing/20.htm

BLACK ENTERPRISE Declaration of Financial Empowerment :

DECLARATION OF
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT

In order to attain a measure of success, power and wealth, I shall uphold the principles of saving and investing as well as controlled spending and disciplined consumerism. I vow to fully participate in the capital markets and make a solid commitment to a program of wealth accumulation. Determination and consistency will serve as my guides, and I shall not allow external or internal forces to keep me from reaching my goals. By adjusting my course and embracing a new mandate that stresses planning, education and fortitude, I lay a strong, unbreakable foundation for the preservation and enrichment of my family, children and children's children.
I, ,XXXXXXXXXX

from this day forward, declare my vigilant and life-long commitment to financial empowerment. I pledge the following:

To use homeownership to build wealth

To save and invest 10% to 15% of my after-tax income

To commit to a program of retirement planning and investing

To engage in sound budget, credit, and tax management practices

To measure my personal wealth by net worth, not income

To be proactive and knowledgeable about investing, money management, and consumer issues

To provide access to programs that will educate my children about business and finance

To support the creation and growth of profitable, competitive
black-owned enterprises

To use a portion of my wealth to strengthen my community

To ensure that my wealth is passed on to future generations
have committed to this unwavering, personal covenant as a means of bolstering myself, my family and my community. In adopting this resolution, I intend to use all available resources, wisdom and power to gain my share of the American Dream.

Agreed and signed: _____________________ Date:______

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Anyone ?

" from this day forward, declare my vigilant and life-long commitment to financial empowerment. I pledge the following: "

PhuCk Yu MoN

领导失
I have a CD account, ING/Chase and North Fork Check/Savings account. (In which someone took out money from, and got themself some creditcards/debit.)

My sister is offering me stocks from her job in which a program was invented to be used in Hospitals, that when a patients name is entered into the system all of their medical history, allergies and visits can be pulled up on screen, making it much easier for doctors to treat patients from not only what they witness but from previous visits. I don't know if it has been "re-leased" as of yet, only to a few hospitals, but I know for a fact that the stocks are soon or have been open to the pub. (You can pm me for more info...)

I am not all 100% in tune with saving ...and investing IDK sh!t.. since I was born I had a bank account..bonds from 4th grade. So I am just used to putting money there and leaving it. I guess..

Kiz

Ok...like the saying goes...they are not making any more " land " ....I am in full agrement you you on the RE business.... i don't know if i would put Florida in the equation, if you don't own something there already or over the past five years, the prices are close to NYC RE prices....short of extortion !

close to home ...you can't go wrong in Philly ( North ) South Philly is on lock already...the blacks sold out already...talking about Graduate Center... The best bet now is north of Center City or north of Temple Uni.

Another area ... Baltimore... you can't miss ....DC is dead already,...five years too later to the Party....

NC or SC.... I would only buy land or condos in these areas and sit on it....the problem is if you buy a house there to resell it....investors usually price you out by developing in new area....no one wants to buy a used house there unless it's in the city vs. where they can get a new house !
That is what I did right in NC......and right now ah sitting on it........it is across the street from ah elementary school just waiting for them to break ground for the new development

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Hmmmn...

How much have you saved during 2k6? :movies

A lot, I flipped a 4 family on Rockaway back in early 2006, now i am in North Philly, buying 4 to five 5 bdrms one family for $45- 55k, fixing them up and ...if you interested...link me... these are close to Temple...or one or two blocks off Broads street...South Philly is now taken back from the blacks....just a year ago a dump was going for 100k, you are looking a min of 400k for that same property today !

South Philly now look like Park Slope or the Villlage .

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
That is what I did right in NC......and right now ah sitting on it........it is across the street from ah elementary school just waiting for them to break ground for the new development
I am happy for you.... one of my co-worker in the Charlotte location just picked up a condo in downtown Cha, right across from where they are putting up the new stadium.....she just rented it out....

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
BK, coming Back , under attack by developers:

"I used to live in Fort Greene, and whenever I visit my old neighborhood, I am tormented by the same absurd thought: I should have bought that crack house when I had the chance. Never mind that I was broke—this line of thinking is a natural member of that gang of peculiar New York regrets. Regrets about places you loved but had to leave, places you coveted but could never pay the admission price, places that were surrounded by invisible barbed wire before you were born. Regrets about quaint little crack houses with southern-exposure gardens, owner duplex, needs TLC..... "

read the article

http://nymag.com/realestate/articles/04/brooklyn/

Kiz

"I used to live in Fort Greene, and whenever I visit my old neighborhood, I am tormented by the same absurd thought: I should have bought that crack house when I had the chance. Never mind that I was broke—this line of thinking is a natural member of that gang of peculiar New York regrets. Regrets about places you loved but had to leave, places you coveted but could never pay the admission price, places that were surrounded by invisible barbed wire before you were born. Regrets about quaint little crack houses with southern-exposure gardens, owner duplex, needs TLC..... "

read the article

werd you lived in Fort Greene Projects too :kicks

iPicong

read the article

Word, you live and learn. My biggest regret was that I ran out of Brooklyn and not buy a multi-family or 2. I coulda be a slum lord taking away dem Manhattan yuppies money every month.

Kiz

Word, you live and learn. My biggest regret was that I ran out of Brooklyn and not buy a multi-family or 2. I coulda be a slum lord taking away dem Manhattan yuppies money every month.
shouda, coulda, woulda...DIDNT.......move on!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
werd you lived in Fort Greene Projects too :kicks
Boy...reading is a bit%h...

No, see " ..." that is from the article, everone on kicks.... yeah ok !

I am living in Remsen Village.....for those that don't know, between East Flatbush and canarsie

Kiz

Boy...reading is a bit%h...

No, see " ..." that is from the article, everone on kicks.... yeah ok !

I am living in Remsen Village.....for those that don't know, between East Flatbush and canarsie
Girl.......I just on kicks......RELAX!!!!!!!