Music lovers…Post a nice song/video the majority of us don’t know!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Massive..................I am sure the majority ain't see this one.....

Atlantik - All Aboard (Official Video)

Rhythm Up

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
One of the Biggest and the Baddest Band......with undisputed Queen of Soca in her prime !

Top A Toppa.........

Square One featuring Allison hinds

Pure Niceness...............Allison getting on real bad.........!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
These Videos are so much fun to see the Dances...the styles, etc....

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - DANCE HALL SOCA -

My Favorite Video by them....

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - SOCA TATIE (MUSIC VIDEO)

Nuff style and Vibes......

trinifrombx

These Videos are so much fun to see the Dances...the styles, etc....

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - DANCE HALL SOCA -

My Favorite Video by them....

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - SOCA TATIE (MUSIC VIDEO)

Nuff style and Vibes......

Pine, I want to understand , first video, I assume in the 90s , I see a lot of Blacks vs the what you call them , Brownings, simple costumes, and a lot without following the Byron Lee truck, so I thought it was just up town folks playing Mas ?

The video is showing a different pic, explain !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Pine, I want to understand , first video, I assume in the 90s , I see a lot of Blacks vs the what you call them , Brownings, simple costumes, and a lot without following the Byron Lee truck, so I thought it was just up town folks playing Mas ?

The video is showing a different pic, explain !

Bro...you messing up my music flow here.......

Go to soca chat and do a search..too too many times I address this !

Anyway, this is what the world and some bias ppl want you to believe....." We in this long time"....it is well documented !

To your question, two groups did carnival in Yard, Byron did it first officially, he was for the local yardies....you know.....the one you love to call lowlifes...lol, your words....hence you see the simple costumes, the other guys...think they called themselves the Oakridge boys.....( White Yardies ) they did the Pretty mas that priced out the locals Yardies....where you had the Browins, Redbones, etc......more or less, if you had the money you can play...Uptown or Downtown...whatever that means to you, lol.

Hence, Mr Lee wotless kids failed to carry his love for Carnival, Soca, music, Jamaica, etc.....hence after he passed away...it ended......now what you have is the original Oakridge boys doing it now.....they control all of it now !

When Byron was alive they had two separate routes on Carnival day...Byron would pass in the Ghettos of Kingston....then into town, then wrap it up with a Big show....the other group did a more scenic route, stop for lunch, mostly in the business areas of Kingston...same route in place currently.

BTW, Byron took the show to diff parishes for carnival, even had a stage to cross over.....

So yes, that Big ass crowd you watching are local Yardies which most don't believe or want you to see...but that is them jumping up to soca.....this video give you a better idea :

At :35 sec..and at 2:40 sec you will see a Massive sea of local yardies waving their flags to Soca music...early 90s in the streets of Kingston....so don't they let the bias, clueless ppl fool you.

if you don't know...ask

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Carnival 2006 in Yard when I decided to go check the locals.....

Byron Lee Large and in Charge !

These are the local yardies...t-shirt band or just go and Jump up when Byron Lee was on the road.....now, you need a lot of money to take part...these locals are more or less priced out.....but, they have like three other carnivals in Jamaica.....

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4K0hh7CvRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
He started riding rhythms from 5 years old, make no mistake……

He is the King of the Dance Hall !

Beenie at 10

Rhythm Up !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
The Beenie I love.....no Natty Dread........

Love that girl dancing with Beenie...., nuff styles, Big moves...love it !

His Follow-up...

" We Set The Trends World Wide "

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Sad....man had everything.....before he decided to be a Rasta...or whatever that means........

Clean cut...fade, smh !

Buju Banton - deportees

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Capelton

Before her decided to be a Rasta...whatever that means....

current :

Rhythm Up !

Number 1 Pon The Look Good Chart

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
The one songs that turned Yard upside down and had man bustin shoots when you call them Boops...woman eating you out financially without getting any pum pum , or toots, man drinking you out...

this one song had like min 50 diff versions...about Boops !

Supercat --- "Boops"