Question for small island West Indians

Alyuh know I have a serious problem with some ah alyuh right

let me ask alyuh some simple questions.

what is the constant need to prove that alyuh Soca music/culture/carnival etc is better than Trinidad?

1) Thing is, if alyuh own so good and we own so bad, why pay attention to it, and give it so much scrutiny?

2) If alyuh own so good, why are your countrymen going out to support Trini singers in alyuh own carnival?Cuz Trinidad supporting Trini artistes in carnival more often than not.

3) Cuz clearly Trinidad pay more attention to our singers over others and only know 1 or 2 of your singers..we dont scrutnize allyuh the way alyuh do ours. The Trinis who know more about small island music are the ones who live in the states. Trinis in Trinidad dont really know much about the Soca scene outside of TNT. I know more about Soca from other islands thru youtube and islandmix.

4) Why you all get angry when we big up our Soca/Calypso stars, even if we do it without dissing others..its like you all get super angry to try to prove that we aint nutting?

5) Why is every island in the Caribbean praised when they talk about their culture but anytime Trinis talk about their culture there is a concerted effort to say well "That is not trini thing, that is Afro caribbean thing" but every body else can claim things like Vincy, Grenadian, Antiguan, Guyanese etc

Its just something I note over the years...I would really appreciate if someone can explain this to me without going overboard in trying to diss.

Thanks in advance!

Oneshot

where de crix
any country associated with you, cannot be great, in fact cannot be good. look how you turn out

A.K.K.S.

Why is Guyana always brought up? They are not an island, don't have a Caribbean coast and have chocolate milk and landfills for beaches...:polling:

antiguad

Alyuh know I have a serious problem with some ah alyuh right

let me ask alyuh some simple questions.

what is the constant need to prove that alyuh Soca music/culture/carnival etc is better than Trinidad?

1) Thing is, if alyuh own so good and we own so bad, why pay attention to it, and give it so much scrutiny?

2) If alyuh own so good, why are your countrymen going out to support Trini singers in alyuh own carnival?Cuz Trinidad supporting Trini artistes in carnival more often than not.

3) Cuz clearly Trinidad pay more attention to our singers over others and only know 1 or 2 of your singers..we dont scrutnize allyuh the way alyuh do ours. The Trinis who know more about small island music are the ones who live in the states. Trinis in Trinidad dont really know much about the Soca scene outside of TNT. I know more about Soca from other islands thru youtube and islandmix.

4) Why you all get angry when we big up our Soca/Calypso stars, even if we do it without dissing others..its like you all get super angry to try to prove that we aint nutting?

5) Why is every island in the Caribbean praised when they talk about their culture but anytime Trinis talk about their culture there is a concerted effort to say well "That is not trini thing, that is Afro caribbean thing" but every body else can claim things like Vincy, Grenadian, Antiguan, Guyanese etc

Its just something I note over the years...I would really appreciate if someone can explain this to me without going overboard in trying to diss.

Thanks in advance!
Answer this question: You get knuckle/horn by a small island woman or something? Or a small island man tek way your woman?

You does remind me of one of them people who try pretend that they over their ex but can't keep they name out you mouth.

FYI, I love Trinis, I love Trini music, have visited Trini, have friends in Trini and one of my GF was a Trini. Just keep your dunce biases to yourself please.

Wadadlineko

Just cause some of the smaddy dem pon the board nah lub aryou nah mean that is the feelings of ebry body. Me nah know anybody personally that have anything bad to say bout Trinidad. In fact most people nah even think about Trinidad unless its their (Trinidad) Carnival. I am a soca junkie. Me nah study country or artiste me study music. So me listen to soca music from Panama straight to Japan.

Nobody have a problem with you all bigging up your country people but I guess the problem is when people tear down others to build up fuh dem people.

How smaddy expect soca music fah move forward when people ah fight over petty things like "who start wah first" or "who ah trend setter" and all that nonsense. England invented cricket but India ah dominate. Black people invented break dancing but the asian and dem ah dominate. Who cares who started what at the end of the day people should be focusing on perfecting the music. Imagine if none of the islands listened to soca music or had Carnival. Imagine if it was just Trinidad one had Carnival. All them artistes you boast bout would have to find ah 9 to 5 job. Each one teach one and one hand can't clap. With out them islands listening to the music them artistes won't make much money.

Just cause some of the smaddy dem pon the board nah lub aryou nah mean that is the feelings of ebry body. Me nah know anybody personally that have anything bad to say bout Trinidad. In fact most people nah even think about Trinidad unless its their (Trinidad) Carnival. I am a soca junkie. Me nah study country or artiste me study music. So me listen to soca music from Panama straight to Japan.

Nobody have a problem with you all bigging up your country people but I guess the problem is when people tear down others to build up fuh dem people.

How smaddy expect soca music fah move forward when people ah fight over petty things like "who start wah first" or "who ah trend setter" and all that nonsense. England invented cricket but India ah dominate. Black people invented break dancing but the asian and dem ah dominate. Who cares who started what at the end of the day people should be focusing on perfecting the music. Imagine if none of the islands listened to soca music or had Carnival. Imagine if it was just Trinidad one had Carnival. All them artistes you boast bout would have to find ah 9 to 5 job. Each one teach one and one hand can't clap. With out them islands listening to the music them artistes won't make much money.
You did not address my questions, one by one

Wadadlineko

You did not address my questions, one by one
I decided to do a summary however I will address them as you asked one by one so here we go.

You see the thing is when someone announces that they are the best at what they do (no matter what it is) people are going to hold that person to a different standard than a person who does not make those pronouncements. for eg. Its like if me say I am the best carpenter in the whole caribbean but all me can mek ah cupboard and cabinets my craft is limited. But people expecting me to be able to mek all sorts of things cause member I said i am the "best". The same applies for soca music. Well most people knows that Trinidad is the home of Soca so with that said people will expect more from a Trinidad artiste or from a Trinidad soca song than say an Antiguan one. So the people you hear saying all that bad stuff is just expressing there expectations of what they expect and not so much hate if you understand what I am saying

2) If alyuh own so good, why are your countrymen going out to support Trini singers in alyuh own carnival? Cuz Trinidad supporting Trini artistes in carnival more often than not.

That is not necessarily true only CERTAIN trini artistes can pull people to support them in large numbers outside of Trinidad mainly Machel Montano, Destra, Fayanne and Bunji and Iwer George. Most persons to me outside of the southern islands only know the artistes I listed above. Yeah they would know Patrice and one or two artistes but the majority nope. I mean when burning flames or Red Hot or Tian put on a Jam the place Ram same way in Antigua. Plus other artistes receive love the same way here too. Plus basically when Trinidad carnival done is these same islands them people reach to mek some dollars during the rest of the year and to me a lot of them artistes pull influences from these islands when them visit. Serious talking right there.

I wouldn't say that you all pay more attention to your singers because after Carnival them singers nah have no work in Trinidad and have to find work else where to pay the bills. Plus playing an artistes music only during a SEASON is not vary caring in my opinion. In terms of soca music I mostly learn about Trinidad soca music on the youtube same way cause some of the songs that may be big in Trinidad are hardly played at all.

Me nah know who is the you all. But this quotes sums up what I want to say

“A session of boasting won't attract any real friends. It will set you up on a pedestal, however, making you a clearer target.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich

I guess because most people already know a lot about Trinidad and some of the things you say or do in Trinidad are not necessarily unique to Trinidad. So that could be the reason why. I personally don't mind when someone talks about there country because I like to learn knew things. I have much love for Trinidad and will be heading to Trinidad then to Tobago for the first time next month.

I hope that answers your questions. ^_^