so i watchng a program about AIDS in the caribbean

JAM CREW

Producer
so today i was watching a program about aids in the region on caribvision....and it was mostly bajans talking about protecting themselves....so next thing....a tranny start to talk....i was like what the hell???....and then they interview the founder of the GAY&LESBIAN A--- (i don't know what the first A stands for) ASSOCIATION of BARBADOS...... i was like barbados got a group like that on the island???? i just turn the t.v quick!!!

vincyempress

UNBREAKABLE
y u turn de tv quick??? yuh fraid gayness go come out an mek yuh gay??... if u been whatch the whole ting yuh mighta found out about the Gay and Lesbian association etc... I am anti gay but NEVER homophobic...u can be too

JAM CREW

Producer
y u turn de tv quick??? yuh fraid gayness go come out an mek yuh gay??... if u been whatch the whole ting yuh mighta found out about the Gay and Lesbian association etc... I am anti gay but NEVER homophobic...u can be too
nah i aint homophobic but i was SHOCKED!! that barbados have a gay and lesbian association

N

nikkigiovanni

so when you found out that santa claus isn't real did you boycott christmas?

vincyempress

UNBREAKABLE
nah i aint homophobic but i was SHOCKED!! that barbados have a gay and lesbian association
why?... gay ppl are everywhere...besides everyone knows that Barbados is one of the most gay tolerable West indian islands.
how yuh go ask de man that>>..west indian youths nah know bout dutty santa clause...we nah need toys...ah marble we duz play...climd trees...etc...santa nah exist in W.I

lol he said huh

:scratch

why should he, it suppose to be the birth of jesus christ.... If he found out jesus was a politician, and not the father re-incarnated in the flesh, well thats something to boycott about

BAJANFUHLIFE

so today i was watching a program about aids in the region on caribvision....and it was mostly bajans talking about protecting themselves....so next thing....a tranny start to talk....i was like what the hell???....and then they interview the founder of the GAY&LESBIAN A--- (i don't know what the first A stands for) ASSOCIATION of BARBADOS...... i was like barbados got a group like that on the island???? i just turn the t.v quick!!!
isnt there such an association in other caribbean islands? or are u just ignorant to the reality that there is?

JAM CREW

Producer
btw, what were the aids figures like in the region? or u was only interested to the organisation part? cause the aids figures would have made a better discussion for this waste of thread.
they was talking the rates about jamaica barbados bahamas and trinidad

they leave us small islands out on this survey

jahblessed

one of the thing that gets me sick is the focus of bullas in Bim.

im quick to tell to tell people when they try draw this card, that if you dont think you have bullas in your country, then you are truly an idiot or just want to play ignorant. if you dont think you have so called rude bwoys aint having sex with men but also having sex with women you must be mad or how bout man locked up in prison having sex with man than coming home to wife or girlfriend

Thats the #1 reason why AIDS continue to spread in caribbean among heterosexuals .

AIDS in the Caribbean and Central America. Updated.

The AIDS epidemic in the Caribbean and Central America has begun to have negative consequences for economic and social development, and continued increases in infection rates threaten future development prospects. In contrast to other parts of Latin America, the mode of transmission in several Caribbean and Central American countries has been primarily through heterosexual contact, making the disease difficult to contain because it affects the general population. The Caribbean countries with the highest prevalence or infection rates are Haiti, with a rate over 3%; the Bahamas, Guyana, and Trinidad and Tobago, with rates over 2%; and Barbados, Belize, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Suriname, with rates over 1%. In Central America, Honduras has the highest prevalence rate of 1.8%, while Guatemala has a rate over 1%. The response to the AIDS epidemic in the Caribbean and Central America has involved a mix of support by governments in the region, bilateral donors (such as the United States, Canada, and European nations), regional and multilateral organizations, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs). Many countries in the region have national AIDS programs that are supported through these efforts. (excerpt)

jahblessed

they was talking the rates about jamaica barbados bahamas and trinidad

they leave us small islands out on this survey
The HIV Epidemic
The first HIV/AIDS case in St.Kitts/Nevis was reported in 1984.From then to the end of 2006, a cumulative total of 270 HIV/AIDS cases were reported to the Health Information Unit at the Ministry of Health. This represents a cumulative incidence rate of 551 per 100,000 population. >>

Group Distribution
The age distribution among reported HIV cases has shown that 61% of the cumulative total of cases occurs in the 20-49 age bracket, indicating that the young and productive lives are most affected by the epidemic. The overall average age at the time of HIV diagnosis is 35.1 years: 36.4 years for males and 33.6 years for females. >>

The AIDS Epidemic
The first AIDS case was reported in St.Kitts /Nevis in 1984.From then to the end of 2006 a cumulative total of 92 AIDS cases were reported to the Health Information Unit (Table 5 and Graph 5). These cases are a subset of the 270 HIV positive tests reported. Among the reported AIDS cases, 54 were males and 27 were females showing an overall male to female sex ratio of 2:1 >>

AIDS Deaths
A total of 80 AIDS deaths has been reported to the end of 2006 with an AIDS fatality rate of 87 %.The annual number of AIDS deaths has fluctuated from 3 cases in 2002 to 4 cases in 2003 and 2004, 3 cases in 2005 and no cases reported in 2006 >>