Spinoff: stuff that white people ask and say about Caribbean/West Indians

Lucianite

when they think you cant stand the cold or love the heat because you from a "warm place" .. African Americans say this too..

Why did you leave a nice place like st Lucia - I sometimes say "you can go live there"

A.K.K.S.

I hate and it squals my blood when they say "Trinidad & Toe-bag-oh". I feel to jump someone when they say that.
Get over it bro, I hear Bay-leez and Bah-lease all the time... I stopped trippin' over Belice (the spanish pronunciation) a while back. It's Bell-eez, or if you wanna really sound Belizean, Bill-eez

Carib2

Lucky they even recognize your countries some people think when i say "Dominica" I'm referring to that Spanish speaking country noy actual Dominica...if i meant DR I would say DR!!

They were correct to a certain extend based on the number of Trinidad
(businesses) in Jamaica.
Soca pum pum, most people don't know about Caribbean economics and all that so shaddup for once. The people who know trinidad the most are from central and South America, when you say trinidad, they say "trinidad y Tobago", a lot of people know trinidad because of World Cup 2006 and miss universe, and since Latin Americans are obsessed with miss universe and football, go figure

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Soca pum pum, most people don't know about Caribbean economics and all that so shaddup for once. The people who know trinidad the most are from central and South America, when you say trinidad, they say "trinidad y Tobago", a lot of people know trinidad because of World Cup 2006 and miss universe, and since Latin Americans are obsessed with miss universe and football, go figure
You must really be a mentally challenged fag if you couldn't work out that my comment was tough in cheek.

Carib2

Hmm...

You must really be a mentally challenged fag if you couldn't work out that my comment was tough in cheek.
Whats up with all these gay derogatory terms made towards swag, seriously??

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Hmm...

So you didn't see him called me names first?
He regularly behaves like a fag so I called him back an appropriate name after he started the name calling, simple!

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
One person I met thought TRINIDAD was in JAMAICA...
i lol'ed!

Whites rarely ask me anything ignorant...they are usually telling me where in my country they have been, or trying out their patois on me if they actually learned some (like one who was there as a missionary's kid). Or asking for recommendations on where to go.

It's the other set that use to get ignorant with me...and insistent about it too. But these days i don't get that either cause i'm not mixing up too tuff with people whose mentality (travel clients) and/or origins (foreign like me) doesn't push them to own a passport and use it... The ones I e-meet now tend to ask questions they actually need to know answers to (cause they are trying to head there) and not assumptions and controversial pointless arguments couched as questions.

Hmm...

basically all the homophobic men on imix call me fag since i made that thread a couple years ago where i said most people are bisexual, i will try to find that thread and bump it.

Carib2

i lol'ed!

Whites rarely ask me anything ignorant...they are usually telling me where in my country they have been, or trying out their patois on me if they actually learned some (like one who was there as a missionary's kid). Or asking for recommendations on where to go.

It's the other set that use to get ignorant with me...and insistent about it too. But these days i don't get that either cause i'm not mixing up too tuff with people whose mentality (travel clients) and/or origins (foreign like me) doesn't push them to own a passport and use it... The ones I e-meet now tend to ask questions they actually need to know answers to (cause they are trying to head there) and not assumptions and controversial pointless arguments couched as questions.
Well you're very lucky cos' I come in contact with ignorant (white) people all the time...an actual conversation I had today

Me: I'm from the Caribbean.
The other guy: Oh ok so your Jamaican, yeah Mon!!
Me: What, no I'm not Jamaican my parents are from St Lucia and Dominica.
The other guy: Well, its just like Jamaica.
The other other guy: No he's from them small-small islands those islanders are more quieter than them Jamaican
*Everyone laughs*

Fools...

basically all the homophobic men on imix call me fag since i made that thread a couple years ago where i said most people are bisexual, i will try to find that thread and bump it.
Well in sure sexuality is more complex than people think.

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
Well you're very lucky cos' I come in contact with ignorant (white) people all the time...an actual conversation I had today

Me: I'm from the Caribbean.
The other guy: Oh ok so your Jamaican, yeah Mon!!
Me: What, no I'm not Jamaican my parents are from St Lucia and Dominica.
The other guy: Well, its just like Jamaica.
The other other guy: No he's from them small-small islands those islanders are more quieter than them Jamaican
*Everyone laughs*

Fools...

Well in sure sexuality is more complex than people think.
lols I'm Jamaican so even if I met the ones you met, I'd be in the clear. They would know I'm Jamaican, and then be talking about where in Ja they have been or plan to be. Conversation wouldn't make it to... di ressa dat.

Nice perk of being born on my island... rarely confused for any others.