thinking about switching hairdressers...

Hotgirl11226

Ball-in-Hand
Im really thinking if you should switch hairdressers or not. I go to thie Dominican place, the price is right and my hair grows steadily. But the workers there have attitudes, they don't speak english they're always talking about the clients and especially the owner. I see a drastic change in her personailty...I don't really let it bother me tooo tooo much, but I was referred to this place and Im considering switching. Only thing is that the prices are almost 3-4 times the price Im paying now.

I've only had a few issues with the place that I go to now. My hair looks good but its not fabulous. In terms of length, they've done wonders for me. My perms really last, I only perm my hair every 3 months. But at times the communication thing bugs me, like for example, my ends are kinda thin and when i want to talk to them about a specific issue, its hard to get through to them.

How much do you guys pay to do your hair...basic stuff, like a wash, perm, press, blow or whatever it is that you do to your hair? Under what condition would you consider leaving your long time hair dresser?

Last edited:
S

sharkie

Im really thinking if you should switch hairdressers or not. I go to thie Dominican place, the price is right and my hair grows steadily. But the workers there have attitudes, they don't speak english they're always talking about the clients and especially the owner. I see a drastic change in her personailty...I don't really let it bother me tooo tooo much, but I was referred to this place and Im considering switching. Only thing is that the prices are almost 3-4 times the price Im paying now.

I've only had a few issues with the place that I go to now. My hair looks good but its not fabulous. In terms of length, they've done wonders for me. My perms really last, I only perm my hair 3 times a month. But at times the communication thing bugs me, like for example, my ends are kinda thin and when i want to talk to them about a specific issue, its hard to get through to them.

How much do you guys pay to do your hair...basic stuff, like a wash, perm, press, blow or whatever it is that you do to your hair? Under what condition would you consider leaving your long time hair dresser?
only? as opposed to how many times? i dunno bout you, but i get a perm every 7-12 weeks. you cyah tell me you have so much new growth and gren gren you hadda do it THREE times a MONTH. no wonder your ends are thin hun, maybe they are over processed :dntknw:

it CT it's very expensive. i pay $60 for a perm (reg is $55, but i get the extra sensitive mizani and that's +$5). and her wash and set (roller wrap or somethin) is $30!!!! steupssssssss. that's why everytime i in ny, i go get a lil wash for friggin $12 WITH treatment!!!

the dominicans out here charge me $80 to do my hair (perm) because of length, though since i cut it down (about 4 inches) i think they'll charge me less.

Hotgirl11226

Ball-in-Hand
only? as opposed to how many times? i dunno bout you, but i get a perm every 7-12 weeks. you cyah tell me you have so much new growth and gren gren you hadda do it THREE times a MONTH. no wonder your ends are thin hun, maybe they are over processed :dntknw:

it CT it's very expensive. i pay $60 for a perm (reg is $55, but i get the extra sensitive mizani and that's +$5). and her wash and set (roller wrap or somethin) is $30!!!! steupssssssss. that's why everytime i in ny, i go get a lil wash for friggin $12 WITH treatment!!!

the dominicans out here charge me $80 to do my hair (perm) because of length, though since i cut it down (about 4 inches) i think they'll charge me less.

typo, lol...its every 3 months i meant. But yea...those are the prices that i hear this salon charges. im thinkin the friggin ppl better have their BA or Masters in doing hair...for that much money.

Last edited:
S

sharkie

typo, lol...its every 3 months i meant. But yea...those are the prices that i hear this salon charges. im thinkin the friggin ppl better have their BA or Masters in doing hair...for that much money.
well try it out once see if you like it. by the looks of it, i eh tink dem spanish go miss yuh a fart.

Blu

Doux Comme Sucre
Trinibaje: Wow, just color and hightlights? Good lord!

I've been growing out my hair for the past 2 yrs so its in its natural state and I was thinking about locing but Shandy posted this Curly Pudding thread (thank god) and I am going to get a Silkener and it cost $300 (and that's just the minimum...the cost of the cut and the treatment eh even added yet) but dammit I fell in love with the end results I saw.

hunnybrown

.::Lioness::.
Go to both! My friends go to the more expensive salons for perms, trims, and specific things. They only go to the Dominicans for maintenance, weekly blowouts...

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
you relax your hair 3x a month, good gracious! See I just do my hair, sick of these chicks who I pay $30 for a blow-out who don't know sh!t, and then style my hair a different way the what I want. Damn if I'll trust them with my touch-ups :kicks. Now I still haven't done the dominican switch since they're on other side of MD, but will be eventually just buying the products online. Either that or get my friend from Panama to bring me some back when she goes home. I'm cheap :kicks

Drinks4Life

AKA Dimeout

I've been growing out my hair for the past 2 yrs so its in its natural state and I was thinking about locing but Shandy posted this Curly Pudding thread (thank god) and I am going to get a Silkener and it cost $300 (and that's just the minimum...the cost of the cut and the treatment eh even added yet) but dammit I fell in love with the end results I saw.
Curly Pudding is my best friend but I do want to go and get the Silkener even thou it's going to cost so much but I willing to try it

Hotgirl11226

Ball-in-Hand
you relax your hair 3x a month, good gracious! See I just do my hair, sick of these chicks who I pay $30 for a blow-out who don't know sh!t, and then style my hair a different way the what I want. Damn if I'll trust them with my touch-ups :kicks. Now I still haven't done the dominican switch since they're on other side of MD, but will be eventually just buying the products online. Either that or get my friend from Panama to bring me some back when she goes home. I'm cheap :kicks
no, hun...that was a typo, i perm my hair every 3 months. :drinks:

Blu

Doux Comme Sucre
Curly Pudding is my best friend but I do want to go and get the Silkener even thou it's going to cost so much but I willing to try it

I know, I want it mostly becuz it makes your hair so much more manageable and you won't have to spend too much time on styling your hair. I think its expensive because there is demand for it. That place was booked solid for the entire month of October and most of November, I was lucky to get an appointment for end of November.

Bajan Sweet Gal

sweet sweet fa days

could u kindly tell me what are these two...i am thinking of growing out my perm too, time to go back natural

Bandele

mi nuh cater to bad-mind
I really did'nt ooman spend this much on their hair.

If its costing allyuh so much why not go natural :confused

Blu

Doux Comme Sucre

Bether

Have to say that I used to use my old hairdressing ones ...they were great but they ought to be...they cost upwards of £200 for the ones I used to use. That said I am pretty sure that certain fabrics cause the blades to blunt quicker. I think the acrylic fabrics do this. I dont use my old hair scissors now as I don't think they are as good any more and the blades are quite wrecked now. I still have my latest pair which I still cut hair with and they won't be used for fabric. I have had Fiskars that have lasted years...and those that go blunt quite quickly.
I like fiskars scissors ...I think that they are pretty reliable so maybe you did get a dud pair. One thing though..try , if you can to keep the ones you cut out with separate to the ones you scissor sculpt with....I think that helps keep them sharper.