What your state is good at

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
lowest asthma rate? steups.
At least it's that instead of AIDS :( Maybe that's where all of that academic research is going towards.
I know some folks in NC that I think they must love their jobs because that teacher salary down there is no beuno. One person told me that they only get paid once a month.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
At least it's that instead of AIDS :( Maybe that's where all of that academic research is going towards.
I know some folks in NC that I think they must love their jobs because that teacher salary down there is no beuno. One person told me that they only get paid once a month.
true true. i want to be one of the non-asthmas!

i wonder what their salaries are. i think in some of the caribbean islands they get paid once a month too

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
true true. i want to be one of the non-asthmas!

i wonder what their salaries are. i think in some of the caribbean islands they get paid once a month too
North Carolina is 35th on our comfort scale with a starting salary of $30,779 and average salaries of $46,605. This state is improving teacher retention by offering financial assistance for advanced degrees (such as a masters degree), certifications, and professional development.
North Carolina Teacher Salary | Teaching Salaries in NC | Teacher Portal
Compared to what teachers make in this area and NYC.
How do salaries grow in Maryland?
Starting Salary: $43,003
Average Salary: $63,960
Maryland Teacher Salary | Teaching Salaries in MD | Teacher Portal

How do salaries grow in New York?
Starting Salary: $44,370
Average Salary: $72,708
New York has the 1st highest average salaries for teachers - and 2nd highest for starting teachers.
But living in New York - especially NYC - having a teaching certificate for K-12 will be tough to have a high standard of living in the high cost-of-living area. Get your masters degree to augment your salary as your career progresses.
But then again - it is New York, the most interesting place in the world to live. You have other benefits, so being a teacher may just be your day job!
New York Teacher Salary | Teaching Salaries in NY | Teacher Portal

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
danng @ ms_JaZe. i hope the cost of living is dirt cheap for them to be starting out at $30K
It's cheap but not that dang cheap. When I saw that some former principals came up here to teach, and said them making 70K was an increase I really wanted to fall out. 30K I was making that as a substitute teacher. I would definitely take them up on the free certifications to move up in the pay scale bracket.

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
Air pollution is horrible here....
But it is worse in some areas
Not so bad off compared to the rest of the state