Where allyuh going for vacation for the summer ? Post pics and was it worth it.

trinifrombx

Finally, we off to key west for vacation, first time, going in August, will see if it is worth the hype !

In October in Dallas, first time also, that is for work, but staying over until the Monday !

What to do in those places if you been there before ?

And pics of the place !

Lucianite

Key west is on my short list but I keep hearing is not much to do - just a quiet place with the attraction being Hemingway house and his cats
But I heard the drive from Miami is scenic .. Would likely do as part of a cruise to stop one day

image.jpg

We got back last week from a cruise to Canada and New England..... Nice and mellow trip... Recommend for a quiet chill axing vacation ... Not much to do except see lighthouses and eat lobster ( which is not so cheaper than ny)

trinifrombx

Key west is on my short list but I keep hearing is not much to do - just a quiet place with the attraction being Hemingway house and his cats
But I heard the drive from Miami is scenic .. Would likely do as part of a cruise to stop one day

View attachment 68076

We got back last week from a cruise to Canada and New England..... Nice and mellow trip... Recommend for a quiet chill axing vacation ... Not much to do except see lighthouses and eat lobster ( which is not so cheaper than ny)
Nice, which part of Canada ?

I assume Nova Scotia ?

I saw pic of Calgery and it is beautiful, that is where I would like to visit.

Yeah, we will be in Key West for three days then South Beach, so will see.

Lucianite

Yes Nova Scotia - Halifax their claim to fame is cemetery where titanic victims were buried and a place called Peggys cove
Also St. John in Brunswick in the bay of fundy -
Saw a whale along the way and several sightings of schools of Dolphins

trinifrombx

Yes Nova Scotia - Halifax their claim to fame is cemetery where titanic victims were buried and a place called Peggys cove
Also St. John in Brunswick in the bay of fundy -
Saw a whale along the way and several sightings of schools of Dolphins
Yeah, was it as clean as Toronto ? man, one of the few Big cities I have been to that is so clean and beautiful !

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
Finally, we off to key west for vacation, first time, going in August, will see if it is worth the hype !

In October in Dallas, first time also, that is for work, but staying over until the Monday !

What to do in those places if you been there before ?

And pics of the place !
i like key west. i was only there for the day, but yeah, i'll say it was nice and quiet. chill. i liked the hemingway house. if i ever get married and it's in the states, i'd like to do it there. not thrilled about cats (not like they bothered me), but i like the vibe of the place. it feels magical to me. LOL. the drive is like 4 hrs from miami and it's not that far, but the speed limit is low and there's mostly just one and two lanes. it's a very, very beautiful drive. you're literally driving in the ocean. sooooo enjoyed that. i keep saying i want to go back.

i'm going to greece in august, God willing. going to Athens and Rhodos. should be fun. just don't want any bedbugs. eeeek!

A.K.K.S.

Key West and the other Keys (except Marathon and Bahia Honda) S.U.C.K.. It's boring, the beaches are narrow, shallow and riddled with seagrass. It's just a place for rednecks who wanna "feel" Caribbean lmao

If you are in Florida, do the Tampa Bay area + Orlando or Orlando + St. Augustine. The southwest gulf coast is too rainy from now till October.

Going to London + Dublin or Rome in November. Panama and maybe Barbados next year.

trinifrombx

i like key west. i was only there for the day, but yeah, i'll say it was nice and quiet. chill. i liked the hemingway house. if i ever get married and it's in the states, i'd like to do it there. not thrilled about cats (not like they bothered me), but i like the vibe of the place. it feels magical to me. LOL. the drive is like 4 hrs from miami and it's not that far, but the speed limit is low and there's mostly just one and two lanes. it's a very, very beautiful drive. you're literally driving in the ocean. sooooo enjoyed that. i keep saying i want to go back.

i'm going to greece in august, God willing. going to Athens and Rhodos. should be fun. just don't want any bedbugs. eeeek!
Greece, wow, you not scare them people eat you alive ? Just kicks, lol given what is going on over there, it is like a total collapse of the financial system, but if you can take some pics of the place and post will be appreciated !

Re : key west, yeah m that is what we are looking forward to, the drive, will try and time it to capture the sunset !

trinifrombx

Key West and the other Keys (except Marathon and Bahia Honda) S.U.C.K.. It's boring, the beaches are narrow, shallow and riddled with seagrass. It's just a place for rednecks who wanna "feel" Caribbean lmao

If you are in Florida, do the Tampa Bay area + Orlando or Orlando + St. Augustine. The southwest gulf coast is too rainy from now till October.

Going to London + Dublin or Rome in November. Panama and maybe Barbados next year.

All booked already, so Will give you my review when I get back with pics and all.

A.K.K.S.

All booked already, so Will give you my review when I get back with pics and all.
Oh yeah, the other problem is that there is only one way in and one way out. It's not very "scenic", since Florida is flat like a tortilla/roti skin. So if there is an accident or serious rain, or a hurricane.... You will be stuck there for hours to days.

Since you are stuck with the shytty keys now, make sure you go to the beaches on Marathon Key and Bahia Honda Key. They are right next to one another.

My mid-Florida itinerary
  • Beach hop from Bonita Beach to Venice beach to Siesta Key (or Anna Maria Island)
  • Dali museum in St. Pete
  • Ybor City in Tampa
  • Busch Gardens in Tampa
  • Universal Studios Orlando
  • Silver Glen Springs
  • St. Augustine
  • Delray Beach north of Boca

Lucianite

Its all subjective too.. Orlando is not the most exciting vacation spot if you are not Disney or that type of entertainment

A "seaweed beach" might be much more exciting that a land locked hot azz place filled with families and brat kids and cooperate Disney who abuse animals and workers LOL

Lucianite

but speaking of beaches in fl, the gulf coast beaches are supposedly nice... Naples has some nice beaches and a nice getaway to Marco island- this is on my summer agenda.

AKKS - lemme get your review on this...

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
Greece, wow, you not scare them people eat you alive ? Just kicks, lol given what is going on over there, it is like a total collapse of the financial system, but if you can take some pics of the place and post will be appreciated !

Re : key west, yeah m that is what we are looking forward to, the drive, will try and time it to capture the sunset !
LOL. silly. i know all the madness going on...will see what it's like. one of my friends told me to bring cash and i also just read that. also read something about how there may be demonstrations going on. hopefully we won't be in the mix of all that. if weren't for my friend's fam reunion, we might've chosen someplace else.

yes, please do. i need to see if i can find my key west pics.

Its all subjective too.. Orlando is not the most exciting vacation spot if you are not Disney or that type of entertainment

A "seaweed beach" might be much more exciting that a land locked hot azz place filled with families and brat kids and cooperate Disney who abuse animals and workers LOL
definitely agree. it depends on what you're going for and the type of person you are...

Corrupt file

Headed to Paris, Nice, Monaco and Stockholm this week.

and Tobago in sept.

some other places end of year but thats not summer vaca lol

A.K.K.S.

A "seaweed beach" might be much more exciting that a landlocked hot azz place filled with families and brat kids and cooperate Disney who abuse animals and workers LOL
True. To each his/her own.

but speaking of beaches in fl, the gulf coast beaches are supposedly nice... Naples has some nice beaches and a nice getaway to Marco island- this is on my summer agenda.

AKKS - lemme get your review on this...
Naples and Bonita Springs beaches are REALLY nice when the water has a good clarity and little wave action is coming in. Those beaches are coconut palm studded, light sand, few shells, easy to access, long, not too wide and not too crowded. Marco Island has NO shade, too big, the sand is HARD and the water stank when I went. Venice Beach is also nice, with the gray sands and jade water. Avoid these beaches mid December to mid-March, since it will probably be too cold for you.

I don't really like the beaches in St. Pete/Clearwater. The water has poor clarity, and many of them are eroding. Clearwater beach is beautiful except for the water which is almost never clear. It's more like brown.

Best beaches on the gulf side of Florida (IMO):

Beaches on Anna Maria Island (Australian pine-studded, LONG, light sand, sky blue water, nice drop off, wave action)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjcvTRF4i-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Siesta Key (Huge beach, 99% pure white, fine, quartz sand. Teal water with nice clarity)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lSLsKA3Wikg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Lucianite

Ok, so little info, thx.

Where the pics, where you went, we don't need to see pics of you, not what I am asking, just pics of the place !

What's up with Cuba ?

for some reason Im not feeling Cuba- no real interest in going there.
if someone pays my way *LOL* ill go...

but yeah it would be good to gear form others why they want to go
and to see the pics
I do know a couple of people who went in the last two months and they loved it
they wanted to go before Macdonalds got there

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
for some reason Im not feeling Cuba- no real interest in going there.
if someone pays my way *LOL* ill go...

but yeah it would be good to gear form others why they want to go
and to see the pics
I do know a couple of people who went in the last two months and they loved it
they wanted to go before Macdonalds got there
Well, I am into classic cars and hot chicks.....so Cuba would be of interest to me to see and to your point, lol, before Mcdonalds got there, so true, willing to bet before year end they down there, if Fidel and Raul were realistic , just say F it, we won, nothing else to prove.....their places are cemented in the history books that he Fidel was a Top A Toppa, did it his way and won !

Now promote a sprite of self ownership ,entrepreneurship , no more state control, that economy will take off like a rocket !

Most certainly this boom will bury Jamaica and Bahamas tourist industry and they will have to go to plan C !