Where allyuh going for vacation for the summer ? Post pics and was it worth it.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Have all their Big soca tracks for 2015....Spice...excellent all around and would recommend it hands down !

Went to Royalty Fete Saturday night, boatride, etc...

Nothing but class...the ppl !

dedetriniking

Shame to say that although i have grandparents from Grenada, i just haven't gotten around to visiting yet. They talked about Grand anse beach all the time too.

Nice pics pineman. Always admired grenadian people....very warm...hard working....very close knit. Definitely want to make a trip real soon.

Btw how was the food?

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Nice, how was the rum and how did the beach compare to elsewhere ?

Re the rum, no idea, not a rum head so wouldn't know......but , I did like the rum punch by Rivers, when we went there to see how it was made, got three bottles, that taste good.

Re Beach, well, most beaches in the Caribbean are drop dead nice, this is no different, what was nice is the view of the houses on both sides, water is clean, clear and pretty, one downside let's say vs beaches in St Thomas or Negril, etc.....the minute you walk 10ft, it is start getting deep....outside of that, picture perfect.

Shame to say that although i have grandparents from Grenada, i just haven't gotten around to visiting yet. They talked about Grand anse beach all the time too.

Nice pics pineman. Always admired grenadian people....very warm...hard working....very close knit. Definitely want to make a trip real soon.

Btw how was the food?

Well, you missing a lot, been to a lot of these islands, I can sincerely tell you they are a class act !

Re Food, that there is the only ting being a Yardie Where I am bias, lol.....first, I don't eat meat or chicken, so can't comment on that....the rice and peas wasn't IMO done like how we do it with the coconut, etc. The fish again was not seasoned the way I like, tried their other food at numerous spots, it was ok...then again, I am no food lover !

One draw back that can't control...the flies......geez, now this happen all over the Caribbean but to go to some of these local spots, they don't seem concern too much that the fly is touching the food, I just can't stomach it...If I see it, I can't eat it...

Anyway, go get into your ancestors , like I said, as much as the majority of blacks in the struggle, a lot of them doing good, living Big, so I am always glad to see that side of it.

Lucianite

Day trip today ... Jersey city carnival 20th anniversary ... 3 bands on de road but the festival with vendors and a stage is not bad

Lucianite

Anybody going to caribana 7/30 to 8/2 ?
Thinking to go but woukd kindda late on the planning

Then there is Boston

dedetriniking

Then there is Boston
random and impromptu is the best way to go. I always make the decision last minute. You can still find reasonable hotels if you look in areas 15 - 20 mins away from downtown toronto. I will decide this week whether i'm going or not. Unfortunately the pan am games come to an end today else it would have been a two for one.

Lucianite

@ socapiineman

Did u go a place in north I think they have a botanical garden and a place where fellas jumping off a cliff into a water nd tourists can join them . ?

Two tings I eh like about islands is the flies as you mentioned and scraggly dogs ion the beaches - experienced that in Grenada and puerto Rico ( one beach beach)

Lucianite

random and impromptu is the best way to go. I always make the decision last minute. You can still find reasonable hotels if you look in areas 15 - 20 mins away from downtown toronto. I will decide this week whether i'm going or not. Unfortunately the pan am games come to an end today else it would have been a two for one.
True on impromptu.....

I like to. Rent a vehicle for long trips... This year and last is like car rental prices rel high qui ......

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
@ socapiineman

Did u go a place in north I think they have a botanical garden and a place where fellas jumping off a cliff into a water nd tourists can join them . ?

Two tings I eh like about islands is the flies as you mentioned and scraggly dogs ion the beaches - experienced that in Grenada and puerto Rico ( one beach beach)
Yep, too lazy to upload, lol, have like over 500 pic mostly personal...but yeah......the history behind it was impressive !

I think the only thing we didn't do major, is the underwater display or something like that.

20150714_133254.jpg

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Then there is Boston
Yeah...is it worth IT anymore ?

I thought with the Canadian dollar falling against the US dollar, I thought they would drop the prices...just last year it was more or less an even exchange, now you looking at +.25-.30 and the air fares to travel one hour from NYC is $500....kind of senseless.... and them days of take them road trips is senseless when you can fly for an hour.....

But, what a beautiful City !

iPicong

Grand Anse noice.........Gouyave on Fridays noice........maxi taxis stupes.......customer service biggest stupes ( I thought trinidad was bad but it actually have worse).........place next next nice but need refinement

sharkie

Grand Anse noice.........Gouyave on Fridays noice........maxi taxis stupes.......customer service biggest stupes ( I thought trinidad was bad but it actually have worse).........place next next nice but need refinement
Whenever my primary school teacher thought you did something stupid or said something dumb, she would bawl out. "Whappen?? Yuh from Gouyave??" Lol. So I could never see the name without laughing.