Where allyuh going for vacation for the summer ? Post pics and was it worth it.

iPicong

Whenever my primary school teacher thought you did something stupid or said something dumb, she would bawl out. "Whappen?? Yuh from Gouyave??" Lol. So I could never see the name without laughing.
local Gouyave or she was grenadian?

Lucianite

New York can be a vacation even for new hawkers
Last two weekends we have done summer street and today long beach
Ran and walked 10 miles yesterday at summer street

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Stockholm is great and so is the chicks real freaks over there and they love some darkskin

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
Greece was very nice. Flew into Athens and out of Athens (spent 2 days there w/ my friend's cousin) and spent the majority of our time in Rodos/Rhodes. That was about a 45 min flight from Athens. In Rodos, we stayed in a town called Lindos. It was very hot, but Rodos has 34243234 beaches. We only went to 4-- Lindos beach, St. Paul's Bay (beautiful), Prasonisi (where the Aegean and Mediterranean seas meet), and Tsambika. My fav was St. Paul's Bay. The people were very friendly-- we were like celebrities in the Lindos town...prob b/c it was a group of black girls, talkative, and we tipped. I don't think they really tip there in Greece. Anyway, Lindos is a dry area, not very lush at all. A lot of donkeys, goats, rocky. Food was fairly cheap, tasty, and fresh. The feta here doesn't compare to there. Delicioso! Water was extremely cheap. In the states where we buy a regular bottle of water for $1.29 or so it was 0.50 euros. I would go again and next time, I'd go to Turkey and try to visit two other islands. I'll post pics later.

8thWonder

I'm sorry but people are bragging about there vacations but aren't posting any pics of them out there,something seems funny style. But they can post pics of where they been in the city.

Lucianite

Greece was very nice. Flew into Athens and out of Athens (spent 2 days there w/ my friend's cousin) and spent the majority of our time in Rodos/Rhodes. That was about a 45 min flight from Athens. In Rodos, we stayed in a town called Lindos. It was very hot, but Rodos has 34243234 beaches. We only went to 4-- Lindos beach, St. Paul's Bay (beautiful), Prasonisi (where the Aegean and Mediterranean seas meet), and Tsambika. My fav was St. Paul's Bay. The people were very friendly-- we were like celebrities in the Lindos town...prob b/c it was a group of black girls, talkative, and we tipped. I don't think they really tip there in Greece. Anyway, Lindos is a dry area, not very lush at all. A lot of donkeys, goats, rocky. Food was fairly cheap, tasty, and fresh. The feta here doesn't compare to there. Delicioso! Water was extremely cheap. In the states where we buy a regular bottle of water for $1.29 or so it was 0.50 euros. I would go again and next time, I'd go to Turkey and try to visit two other islands. I'll post pics later.
is language an issue ?

fuinny when you cah understand someone one might say " sounds like greek to me " - dat chit look hella hard to read or understand by an anglophone

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
is language an issue ?

fuinny when you cah understand someone one might say " sounds like greek to me " - dat chit look hella hard to read or understand by an anglophone
not for the most part. when it came to ordering food though, i had an issue once. i told the guy i wanted smoked salmon. the menu listed it and beneath it read, "linguine, cream cheese..." he's like "salmon?" i said "yeah, smoked salmon. he said you want potatoes and veggies with it?" i said, "if the smoked salmon comes with that on the side, then sure." when i get my food it's just a piece of grilled salmon w/ potatoes and other veggies. -____- i guess he heard a key word "salmon" and then ran w/ it. part of it was my fault...i learned that i should show them what i want on the menu and if they mention putting other things w/ my meal, just say no and refer back to the menu.

it is hard to read in greek b/c their using their alphabet so it takes a long time to process each letter and on top of that, the word is in greek, which i do not speak. so reading stuff...i tried but it was extremely difficult.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
Nice pics and water looks great but the sand beach part is lacking... Thanks for sharing
that was only one of the beaches we went to. you're right about sand lacking there-- the umbrellas/cabanas took up most of the sand part on that beach. the other beaches-- prasonisi (where Aegean and Mediterranean meet) had plenty sand. so did tsambika and lindos beach. i don't have great pics of those, but i'll try to find and post.

Poca

I'm not a big picture person so my selection is quite limited.

The Peruvian dog. It's hairless with super warm baby soft skin. There are all types of taxis in Peru, I specially like those ones. The fruit sections at their local market is very impressive. This one was at a small market in Arequipa. Next picture was in Otuzco Cajamarca. Next, our guide and his mototaxi at Bosque de Pomac.

Attachments

Poca

Chewing coca leaves with some locals, the fortress of Kuelap ( very impressive site), the Gocta falls are somewhere on that mountain, it takes about 3 hrs to hike there, but my daughter was sick due to the high altitude so we had to pass on seeing them up close. The lake Titicaca pictures do not want to upload, this is our bus crossing the lake on the way to La paz Bolivia.

Attachments

Poca

Machu Picchu in all its glory. The day started bad, it was very cloudy and we couldn't see much but thankfully it cleared out eventually. We took the bus to go up the mountain be we hiked down. It does not seem much but it took us about 2 hrs. Aguas Calientes Pueblo was disappointing. I was expecting more local charm, but it was built just to please tourists. Last pic is a view from Machu Picchu looking down. It's quite steep.

Attachments