Yo Swaggarific...

A.K.K.S.

Remember when you were sarcastically saying that you'd bet I'd claim a Belizean landed on the moon (or something like that)?

Well, a Belizean did invent the spacecraft that would eventually make it to the moon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxime_Faget
Max Faget, was the designer of the Mercury capsule, and contributed to the later Gemini and Apollo spacecraft as well as the Space Shuttle.

:good:....:polling:

SKBai1991

But where was he born? and what about his maternal side?
Being born someplace doesn't necessarily make you FROM that place unless you were raised their and are culturally acclimated to the area. His whole family are Louisiana Creoles and he has paternal ancestry from St. Domingue (Haiti)

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well i hailed up belize.. it just appeared that his whole family was american, dunno bout his mother side, they werent even mentioned so maybe they were the belizean side? but kudos to him all the same.. never heard about him before you named him so i learned something..

SKBai1991

If I was born in China but not raised there, don't know much about the culture or speak the language, and have no ethnic ties to the place, would I be Chinese? NO.

If you have NO TIES to a place you ain from dey, regardless of whether or not you were born there or not. There's THOUSANDS of Americans born in millitary bases abroad because they're parents were stationed in Germany, Korea, Okinawa, etc...does that make them German, Korean or Japanese? no.

He happened to be born in Belize because his father was a tropical disease researcher and he was doing work there.

Lucianite

If I was born in China but not raised there, don't know much about the culture or speak the language, and have no ethnic ties to the place, would I be Chinese? NO.

If you have NO TIES to a place you ain from dey, regardless of whether or not you were born there or not. There's THOUSANDS of Americans born in millitary bases abroad because they're parents were stationed in Germany, Korea, Okinawa, etc...does that make them German, Korean or Japanese? no.

He happened to be born in Belize because his father was a tropical disease researcher and he was doing work there.

I think the Bases are consideed American territory

You would be chinese by birth or nationality...it would also NOT be INACCURATE to say you are FROM CHINA if you wanted to say that.

he is from belize by birth - you had to qualify this with the cultural aspect. .

so to wrap this up

he is from Belize by birth or belizian by birth
but culturally not Belizian

People form around the world try to sneak in here to have babies and go back and their children are AMERICAN even if not "Culturally"

SKBai1991

I think the Bases are consideed American territory

You would be chinese by birth or nationality...it would also NOT be INACCURATE to say you are FROM CHINA if you wanted to say that.

he is from belize by birth - you had to qualify this with the cultural aspect. .

so to wrap this up

he is from Belize by birth or belizian by birth
but culturally not Belizian

People form around the world try to sneak in here to have babies and go back and their children are AMERICAN even if not "Culturally"
Not every country operates that way though. In many, if not most places, you're not considered a citizen by birth if your parents are not also citizens and you must apply for citizenship upon adulthood.

Where you're born says almost nothing about you, where you're raised matters way more. If your mother went into labour on an airplane and you were born during flight, would you be from the sky? no.

And not that it matters...but Belize as a country didn't even exist at the time of this man's birth. He was born in a British colony and was 60 years old and living in the US with American citizenship when Belize became independent, sooo idk how he's in any way, shape or form Belizean.

Lucianite

LOL - why are you working overtime to deny belizians the right to some claim or connection to this man ?

and all his bios state he born in belizian which was british honduras

SKBai1991

nobody working overtime I jus saying it doh make sense to claim someone who has nothing to do with you other than being born the same place you born.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
japan is a jus sanguinis country.. if you born in japan you are of whatever nationality your PARENTS are.. lol.. unless you have a japanese parent you aint japanese.. america is a jus soli country.. you born on american soil. you american...

NASDAQ

talk all that shit... let them so called army brats break the law to a degree and see if they dont get DEPORTED
I living in the virgin islands for about 21 yrs, u think if I serve more than 3 mths in jail for a crime I getting to stay when I get out? As soon as I get out, it’s prison to the AIRPORT.

SKBai1991

japan is a jus sanguinis country.. if you born in japan you are of whatever nationality your PARENTS are.. lol.. unless you have a japanese parent you aint japanese.. america is a jus soli country.. you born on american soil. you american...
they aint the only ones either. Most of Europe is jus sanguinis, unless your parents are citizens or have legal residence there, you aren't entitled to citizenship and must wait in line like everyone else. The BVI, Turks & Caicos, Anguilla, Bermuda all the same way too...jus cuz yuh born dey doh mean yuh a "Belonger".

talk all that shit... let them so called army brats break the law to a degree and see if they dont get DEPORTED
I living in the virgin islands for about 21 yrs, u think if I serve more than 3 mths in jail for a crime I getting to stay when I get out? As soon as I get out, it’s prison to the AIRPORT.
a yuh problem dat...yuh living in American soil for 2 decades yuh shoulda apply for citizenship. I have relatives living in St Thomas since 1953 and still carrying dey st kitts passport...mi cyah undastand dat atall

Lucianite

As usual we going around the world - literally this time - we all know about different scenarios for different countries....

what is it in Belize or british honduras ? it is jus soli

so de man is BElizian by birth - he come from Belize LOL - all this extra stuff does not apply