Yo Swaggarific...

SKBai1991

As usual we going around the world - literally this time - we all know about different scenarios for different countries....

what is it in Belize or british honduras ? it is jus soli

so de man is BElizian by birth - he come from Belize LOL - all this extra stuff does not apply
lol how could he "come from belize" if belize didn't exist when he was born, had American citizenship through his parents instead, was raised, educated and made his life in the US, and he left before independence?

you ain making no kinda sense right now lol. But de man dead almost 10 years so it doesn't matter anyway

A.K.K.S.

lol how could he "come from belize" if belize didn't exist when he was born
You are one dumb fock... And your logic is backwards.

Belize has always been a country of immigrants (like most countries in the Americas). We are not Japanese or St. Kitts people or anywhere else where everybody basically looks the same....

I guess my parents aren't Belizean either, since Belize didn't "exist" when they were born either. They were born in British Honduras.

Anyone born in what is now Belize before 1973 is still Belizean you fockin' duncy.

Buhbayduss

change is up to us...
I once read on here somewhere, that if children of Caribbean parents want to say they are... it was no problem then why is it now different...

A.K.K.S.

I once read on here somewhere, that if children of Caribbean parents want to say they are... it was no problem then why is it now different...
Exactly. And the man was actually born in Belize, not a army base or any American territory.

By that SKBai91 guy's standards, Rihanna is not really Bajan since her mom is Guyanese

SKBai1991

You are one dumb fock... And your logic is backwards.

Belize has always been a country of immigrants (like most countries in the Americas). We are not Japanese or St. Kitts people or anywhere else where everybody basically looks the same....

I guess my parents aren't Belizean either, since Belize didn't "exist" when they were born either. They were born in British Honduras.

Anyone born in what is now Belize before 1973 is still Belizean you fockin' duncy.
the way that usually works is upon decolonialisation, if you're still living in the country and don't hold any other citizenship or are not automatically entitled to any other citizenship, then you automatically become a citizen of the new country. That's how many people who were living in the colonies at independence managed to hold on to their British/French/Dutch/etc citizenship when those colonies became independent. That's why all those white people who left Africa before decolonialisation happened are still referred to as Rhodesian instead of Zimbabwean.

Were your parents still living in Belize at independence? Were they not entitled to any other citizenship? If so, then obviously they became Belizean like everyone else. This guy you talking bout didn't grow up in Belize and was in his 60s and living in the US when aryou became independent, so what is Belizean about him besides being born there? NOTHING. I'll say it again. You aren't FROM someplace if you aint RAISED there you stupid muddaskont.

And what does belize being a country of immigrants have to do with ANYTHING? Stupid mummu muthafxcka.