‘If You Ain’t a Gardener, You Ain’t Gangster’

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
"The revolution will not be televised"

Real revolutionaries are on the ground actually doing what they can, when they can, no matter how small, instead not smashing up their own neighborhoods and calling that protest.

Great story: ‘If You Ain’t a Gardener, You Ain’t Gangster’ (VIDEO)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EzZzZ_qpZ4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LB

Read that the LA city council backed down and it is no longer illegal for people to plant vegetables and fruits in unused public spaces.

good for him. This shows one person can make a difference.

DSP

Heri
This is popular in Detroit, lots of gardens springing up in unused lots.

one thing I didn't like was that they closed down a school in Detroit for teenage single mothers. This school taught young teen moms how to farm, garden, process their own food, eat healthy and how to feed their children healthy food. Pure conspiracy.

Clearly one of the dumbest and most evil moments I ever witnessed. Then you will hear idiots spit more stupidity about uneducated welfare moms who rely on the public when clearly these girls were on their way to self sufficiency at an early age.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
This is popular in Detroit, lots of gardens springing up in unused lots.

one thing I didn't like was that they closed down a school in Detroit for teenage single mothers. This school taught young teen moms how to farm, garden, process their own food, eat healthy and how to feed their children healthy food. Pure conspiracy.

Clearly one of the dumbest and most evil moments I ever witnessed. Then you will hear idiots spit more stupidity about uneducated welfare moms who rely on the public when clearly these girls were on their way to self sufficiency at an early age.
The whole health thing is rigged. In the clean eating thread, I told Swagga the stuff that's good for you is priced through the roof. While the bad stuff they practically giving away, i.e. 10 packs of romain noodles for $5 bucks. Those freeze dried noodles are loaded with sodium, after one pack...you don't need salt for a good 3 months.

LB

I'm surprised somewhere like LA which gives off the image of being so liberal and anti-establishment would fight this guy so long and hard over something that actuality benefits and uplifts his neighborhood.
And like you pointed out in Detroit, doing these small things can make such a world of difference but ppl prefer the status quo for their own politically benefical reasons.....The Wire just came to mind lol