11 Years Later ... Edith Lefel

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
The grave of Edith Lefel is one of the most ornate Père Lachaise

January 20, 2003 Edith Lefel disappeared. The famous Caribbean singer is buried in the cemetery of Père-Lachaise in Paris. Eleven years after her death, her tomb is more ornate than that of Edith Piaf.

Impossible to miss. On this rainy Thursday of January, the grave of Edith Lefel jumps out at you. It is the most ornate of the 45th division of the Père-Lachaise cemetery in Paris (see our slideshow below). "There are still more flowers on his grave as that of Edith Piaf and Jim Morrison!" Say the gardeners Martinique Teddy and José, driving their truck funeral. One nicknamed "Mermaid" liked to take the Kid securities salsa tunes. Today both Edith are buried a few hundred meters of one another.

The most famous Père Lachaise Caribbean artist
"I did not particularly like what she was doing, says Manuel, a probation officer from Guadeloupe, but I was sad to hear her death, she sang really well." Teddy, José and Manuel are formal: Edith Lefel is the most famous Père Lachaise Caribbean artist.
####
Buried in January 2003, Edith Lefel has a stele since 2011 as shown in this report Overseas 1ère/France O:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IsbAj7u0NBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

outre-mer 1ère

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
R.I.P. Edith

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bLegKvV_oU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VP_xe_uRCSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ymLU2pUlCrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ayisyen

R.I.P. Edith Lefel

I used to have her Si Seulement and Meci albums on heavy repeat. Here's one of my favorite tracks from her, although it's kind of sad:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e4Uh2QLLyMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another favorite of mines:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2KHGaiMGvcY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I never get tired of this track:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SFnV3sdK7wo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seawall

Roots singer just released a tribute to Edith.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q8lAK7HWCTA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
They used to play this video all the time in Haiti. Avec Malavoi

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uw3WZTyVgj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one too

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kOcf27JjgvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
R.I.P. Edith Lefel

I used to have her Si Seulement and Meci albums on heavy repeat. Here's one of my favorite tracks from her, although it's kind of sad:
When she died I remember there were a whole bunch of rumors as to why. And if she knew. Her last album had some sad songs on there.

Anyway to the people that don't know her she is one of the most popular artists to come out of the Retro-Zouk scene. She sold a lot records in France and graced a few covers of their magazines.