1995-2000, Will go down as the Greatest Era in Rap…..post them !

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
u know nuttin 1988-1996 was the greatest period in rap, it started going down little by little after...2005/2006 was when it jumped for good.
i agree with this.. thats why the call it the Golden Era of hiphop... It reached its peak around 1994.. with the release of Illmatic, Ready to Die, that whole Month of the Man campaign with Redman and Methodman... The whole Boot Camp movement

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
the game changed with this dude right here

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CikybHxxOB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0sYT0lo3d0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
i agree with this.. thats why the call it the Golden Era of hiphop... It reached its peak around 1994.. with the release of Illmatic, Ready to Die, that whole Month of the Man campaign with Redman and Methodman... The whole Boot Camp movement
Huh…what is it you are really saying? ….expound!

You do understand that “ Golden Age/Era” and “ Greatest Era in Rap” are two mutually exclusive events…you do realize that I hope.

First, this So call Golden Era of rap that you are stating….there is no defined period, you do understand that right ? All the rap historians and rappers defined this period all over the place such as 79-82. 80s, 90s, 87- to 93 , at best, the majority place it at 1987 to 1999.

I also assume that in general when ppl refer to an era/time as being “ Golden” it has nothing to do with it being the best or the greatest….I hope you do realize that….in general, the term golden era is about , first, pure, innocent, …or relating to rap diversity, quality, innovation and influence !

So I ask you, how does this relate to my topic? Or the period in rap that I called the greatest?

Clearly, I don’t have to explain to you why it is imo….but these are the facts……the top 10 selling CDs……7 of them are from that era, # 1 Outcast( 2003), #5 MC Hammer, I think back in ’90 or 91……I don’t think I need to mention to you 2Pac, Big Poppa, Eminem, Will Smith…..all who Buss in the era…….

Now unless you can articulate how this golden era is the greatest……then it is a no brainier. That era right there had it all.... sales, glitter, glamor, Big tracks, etc….

Last edited: