3-D Portraits Made Using Only A Person’s DNA?

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
Supposedly this lady makes these 3-D printed busts using DNA she finds on the street. I don't know, this seems a bit far fetched. I think I'll take this with a big 3-D printed grain of salt for now.

How much information about ourselves do we leave behind in public, as we shed saliva, hair, and sweat throughout the day? It’s a question that drives the artwork of Heather Dewey-Hagborg, whose project Stranger Visions reconstructs the faces of the anonymous as 3-D printed sculptures, using genetic detritus found in chewing gum, cigarette butts, and wads of hair around New York City.

N

NaturalBornRidah

Supposedly this lady makes these 3-D printed busts using DNA she finds on the street. I don't know, this seems a bit far fetched. I think I'll take this with a big 3-D printed grain of salt for now.

How much information about ourselves do we leave behind in public, as we shed saliva, hair, and sweat throughout the day? It’s a question that drives the artwork of Heather Dewey-Hagborg, whose project Stranger Visions reconstructs the faces of the anonymous as 3-D printed sculptures, using genetic detritus found in chewing gum, cigarette butts, and wads of hair around New York City.
Sounds like nonsense to me , she is able to analyze any random DNA people leave in the street , yea right she is just looking for attention ,that was a waste of a post.

doubt it.. else they would not need women to describe their rapists.
Exactly.

DSP

Heri
kind of a tangeant, but this makes me think of people who are scared to leave a hair, fingernail or part of them at some peoples house because they are afraid that person works majic/obea/voodoo. Makes you wonder about the properties of dna where somebody can attach certain 'action/inaction' to it.