300 TRINIDAD style CARNIVALS in the world!

jason23

Gintoki Ginsan Sakata
it's very sad indeed. :/
so long the NCC said they was working on a commission which will bring all the Trinidad style carnival under one branch an Trinidad will be the head branch ....yet i can't see they start yet :/

Wtf
A patent on " carnival". :kicks

Gtfoh
we should have a patent on everything that came from our carnival, so people can pay us royalties

from calypso monarch to soca monarch to groovy monarch to road march to everything that is stolen, i say time to pay up

Oneshot

where de crix
what the f is a trinidad style carnival??

trinidadians copying Brazil with the naked ness

jason23

Gintoki Ginsan Sakata
what the f is a trinidad style carnival??

trinidadians copying Brazil with the naked ness

Trinidad Carnival is the blue print of a Successful Carnival as all island and Countries always come To Trinidad to Understand how to present Carnival in there Countries..
from Africa and many of there Government Officials coming To Trinidad to learn about or Carnival that is Unique and the Truest Form of Freedom in Mass..if you didn't no also.. all the Carnival that are poping up all over the world has its Teachings from Trinidad where they came and learned how to etc etc....don't think Trinidad Carnival is just some Island Carnival.. cause its not...

TNT mass is what i will say the Mecca in the sense we have been doing this for year's pon years.. when other islands was bashing and cursing us saying our mass was shit.. an so on.. and that Goes for all the Island eh..cursing Trinidad Carnival saying it lame.. but is only True many Networking and hard Working Trini's that have lived all over the world starting lil Carnival in there countries or having a big influence of having one in there Country is when Carnival started 2 pick up.....but we all know now every island wanna be a Carnival patriot .proclaimin love for there country mass..lol after seeing how Trinidad the Mecca has Perfected and Marketed its product Internationally that everyone wanna jump on d Carnival Bandwaggon...which is why u have many Carnival that Catered to Mostly Trini's and our Beloved Bajan brothers who always stayed an learned an Grew with us in Carnival.. wanna be part of the clique i say !! so we have what u call now???? Caribana, or the Westindian labour day and Everyting that caters to Trini has turned in to a Caribbean thing now cause everyone wanna be in we ting.......but ill leave me lil explanation for ah next time..

but yea^^^^^^^ that there is why Trinidad NCC still to dis day have been working on a Commission that will have all Carnival that is patented after Trinidad Carnival ..being Under a unified Branch which will be Head Quaters in Trinidad~~ Trust when i say Mass in Trinidad eh no Jokey business is ah big business thing we talking here.....and if anyone give me shit talk on why an who wanna patent trini mass... just look at Caribana<West indian Labour day> even Jamaica Carnival is patented from Trinidad ..where the Late Great Byron came anloved it so much he had to share with his Closed minded Jamaican ppl lol.an so on lol

Carib2

300 Trinidad style carnivals?! LOL name us all of them COs it doesn't include Dominica's original mas, Rio carnival, Notting hill (if you think notting hill carnival is a carbon copy of Trinidad you are dumb)

bktrini305

300 Trinidad style carnivals?! LOL name us all of them COs it doesn't include Dominica's original mas, Rio carnival, Notting hill (if you think notting hill carnival is a carbon copy of Trinidad you are dumb)
nope. But like most of the others the concept was started by a Trinidadian. It just so happens to be particularly Jamaican/Dancehall oriented NOW. And most UK dance music is tinged West Indian and thus Calypsonian anyway. Calypso being one of the more influential genres from the region.

Jamaica,

(Barbados discontinued its Carnival for many years and when they brought it back it for tourism dollars... it looked different somehow. To this day they complain why are so many mass leaders/designers in Cropover Trinidadian.) Basically most places in the Caribbean with less french heritage have a lot of Trinidadian elements to their Carnival.

And then you add up all of those Carnivals that happen in cities up the east coast of the US.

And then you think about the fact that many French-Influenced Carnivals have moved to the summer from the original February/March/Pre-Lent dates so as not to compete with Trinidad for tourists (St. Lucia for example) and you must concede that those Carnivals borrow too because if T&Ts was so good, you know they were going to find out why.

Lucianite

As far as I know, Carnivals that I like andattend came from Trinidad...

however a "patent" on "carnival" is NOT POSSIBLE!!!!
in a fact if you want to kill trini carnival from around the globe - bring up this idea to the carnival sponsors

As far as I know, Carnivals that I like andattend came from Trinidad...

however a "patent" on "carnival" is NOT POSSIBLE!!!!
in a fact if you want to kill trini carnival from around the globe - bring up this idea to the carnival sponsors
i mean we could barely get respect from some of these people, why not royalties?

Toronto makes a killing offa Caribana!

Nottinghill

Labor Day

now look how our own carnival going down the drain

now you have the haters already in here ready to diss!

totally not surprised

nope. But like most of the others the concept was started by a Trinidadian. It just so happens to be particularly Jamaican/Dancehall oriented NOW. And most UK dance music is tinged West Indian and thus Calypsonian anyway. Calypso being one of the more influential genres from the region.

Jamaica,

(Barbados discontinued its Carnival for many years and when they brought it back it for tourism dollars... it looked different somehow. To this day they complain why are so many mass leaders/designers in Cropover Trinidadian.) Basically most places in the Caribbean with less french heritage have a lot of Trinidadian elements to their Carnival.

And then you add up all of those Carnivals that happen in cities up the east coast of the US.

And then you think about the fact that many French-Influenced Carnivals have moved to the summer from the original February/March/Pre-Lent dates so as not to compete with Trinidad for tourists (St. Lucia for example) and you must concede that those Carnivals borrow too because if T&Ts was so you know they were going to find out why.
All British West Indian carnivals besides Dominica is HEAVILY modeled and influenced by Trinidad & Tobago, thats a fact

Oneshot

where de crix
Fella that is just not true. What does Trinidad opening of carnuval look like? Calypso isn't the biggest highlight in Trinidad carnival.

Carib2

Notting Hill carnival is shit nowadays the carnival should be relocated to am area where there a large Caribbean community...

Leeds
Manchester
Nottingham
Luton
Birmingham
Derby
Northampton
NYC
Atlanta
Boston
Miami
Toronto
Los Angeles
Montreal
Calgary
SLU
SVG
Barbados
Guyana
Jamaica (lol)
Antigua & barbuda
St kitts & Nevis
BVI
USVI
Montserrat
Grenada
Belize

^^^^^

So all of these are Trinidad style carnivals? No way Grenada with there jab jabs?

Colors

STEADY WUK
Do not put the USVI in that tarl......pretty costumes are not only from Trinidad so ....otherwise than that what does the USVI have from Trinidad.....from 1952

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Oh goodness...Swagger always coming up with nonsense.

Half of those Carnivals are not really like T&T...in fact, yuh insulting T&T with that mess.

As for other ones in the Caribbean, they have plenty of their own traditions...so just stop.

Also agree that USVI Carnival is NOT like Trinidad. St. Thomas Jouvert is not dutty...no oil, mud, powder etc. unless that came in the last 3 years. Pan isn't as interwoven. It's just different.

Jabjab is not limited to Grenada, Carib2, but Grenada is just unique with it.