40 the new 20?

LIONESS onda RISE

:(...

so im looking at IMIX..come across a pic of George Jefferson...adn im thinking ..DAMN! that man was in his late 30's when that show began and ended when he was 47.

even when watching the All in the Family, he was in his early to mid 30's and im thinking...DAMN!! thats what 40 used to look like. by todays standards, just looking at his pic or that show, in my mind, i see 60.

so is 40 the new 20 these days?...and why do the older generation look soooooo old?

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Are you in your 30s or 40s?
30's I eh cross de bordah yet lol

maybe that is soo...:kicks...maybe!

but answer my question..if you think back to that show...in dem early episodes, he younger den you..you feel you look like he did at that time?
I am actually surprised by the age he was because i swore he was older for real. Nah is no way anything about me looks as old as he did at the same age I am.

Inquistive

I am actually surprised by the age he was because i swore he was older for real. Nah is no way anything about me looks as old as he did at the same age I am.
So how you know about Biltmore?

You have to be in your 40s to have a good recollection of the Biltmore era.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

I was in there as a teenager while still in highschool many times. Back in them days as a yute yuh could still get in certain bashments without hassle.

LIONESS onda RISE

ima see you on the other side soon enough my friend:kicks

but its not just him...for some reason, been watching the bounce channel..showing all old movies and the age of the actors..im like WTH? ( and im not taking about plastic surgery enhancements) im talking natural! naturally, it seems that ppl were much older (or certainly looked much older) than my idea of wht ppl in that same age bracket represent today.

or maybe its just me:confused:

TheEducator

No. 20 is 20 and 40 is 40.

All this 20 is the new 40 talk is just old people trying to make themselves feel better.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
i see what ur saying about the comparison of what 40 used to look like back in the day and 40 now... people more active and all that, taking care of themselves, less stressed out... and back in the day people was thinking that past a certain age meant you would lose any kind of confident swag.. but that aint the case no more

but dont listen to that Jay Z bullshit bout 30 the new 20 or 40 the new 20 and all dat.. Like the man said 40 is 40 and 20 is 20

LIONESS onda RISE

i see what ur saying about the comparison of what 40 used to look like back in the day and 40 now... people more active and all that, taking care of themselves, less stressed out... and back in the day people was thinking that past a certain age meant you would lose any kind of confident swag.. but that aint the case no more

but dont listen to that Jay Z bullshit bout 30 the new 20 or 40 the new 20 and all dat.. Like the man said 40 is 40 and 20 is 20
Never that!...thought it was a catchy title thread.

hmm..im not so sure about losing swag ppl being less stressed out. was looking at FoxyBrown last night..thought Pam Grier was BEAUTIFULL..was shocked to learn she was only 25 when doing that role..looked more like mid 30's to me..and then seeing George Jefferson in that gif chinky posted..had me thinking..and wondering

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
I was in there as a teenager while still in highschool many times. Back in them days as a yute yuh could still get in certain bashments without hassle.
how you so lie....the height of the biltmore era was between 88 and let's say 94 or 95

if you ain't reach 30 yet...when was you born....1983...that woulda made you 10 years old trying to walk up on Biltmore

*kiss teet*

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers

i remember u could get up in Club Legend and Club After Dark at 15 and 16 back in like 94 or 95...

I think Biltmore was still around in the mid 90s as well

T

T-MAKAA

Yeah they looked older and seemed more mature back then. it is weird