40 the new 20?

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Dunce, Ruddy had his studio in the basement. Don One became the dub spot because of Ruddy closing his studio.

And Penny Irie was big in the 80s.
Let's bet real money nah yuh lil ass!!! Penny Irie was big in what 80's? Are you stupid?! Penny Irie get big offa bein on de Giggy when he sing Matie yuh dam asscrack. Then he had a few songs dat did well among the dancehall crowd but not globally. His career peak was around 92-93 When Matie and Him Soft was hot.

Don One studio was always there but really took over when Ruddy shut down leaving only them until Crucial Groove opened. By then DO was fully entrenched as the place to go in BK to cut dubs. Stop repeatin shit yuh don't know yute.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Big Boss, is it true Sluggy is Haitian?
That is common knowlege that sluggy has never denied. I had a few hatian friends with a sound and actually heard him speak creole to dem once. I was shoked because I always thought was a rumor up to that point. But I heard him say so himself more than once so I have no reason to doubt it anymore.

Inquistive

That is common knowlege that sluggy has never denied. I had a few hatian friends with a sound and actually heard him speak creole to dem once. I was shoked because I always thought was a rumor up to that point. But I heard him say so himself more than once so I have no reason to doubt it anymore.
The man speak patwa better than most Jamaicans. lol

It's shocking that Jamaicans has so much influence in the 90s area.

Minxy

only a chosen few can pull off 20 something in their 40s... this muthfuker damn sure don't look 28 :no2:

Last edited:

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
The man speak patwa better than most Jamaicans. lol

It's shocking that Jamaicans has so much influence in the 90s area.
If you heard me when I was dejayin yuh woulda neva believe I from Trini. I once convinced this yardie gyal dat I was once her next door neighbor dat left and come foreign. She even call her auntie in Jamaica to tell her she see mi lmao. I had a bredrin who look like terror fabulous and we use to go in dance free nuff. He wasn't good like me so I always did de talkin. It helped a lot dat Fabulous was amental case so nobody didn't even think nothing of his silence lol. Dis one woman sellin food one time gih we nuff food and warn we about de promoter who use to do de show down Coney Island caw fabulous was on de cast. Dis convo makin me think bout de good ole dayz oui :kicks

Inquistive

If you heard me when I was dejayin yuh woulda neva believe I from Trini. I once convinced this yardie gyal dat I was once her next door neighbor dat left and come foreign. She even call her auntie in Jamaica to tell her she see mi lmao. I had a bredrin who look like terror fabulous and we use to go in dance free nuff. He wasn't good like me so I always did de talkin. It helped a lot dat Fabulous was amental case so nobody didn't even think nothing of his silence lol. Dis one woman sellin food one time gih we nuff food and warn we about de promoter who use to do de show down Coney Island caw fabulous was on de cast. Dis convo makin me think bout de good ole dayz oui :kicks
lol

I've heard madd Trinis mimic the yardie accent nicely.

That's why I find it hard to believe when some on here say they have a hard time understanding the Jamaicans in the teleconference.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
lol

I've heard madd Trinis mimic the yardie accent nicely.

That's why I find it hard to believe when some on here say they have a hard time understanding the Jamaicans in the teleconference.
Well not all have been as exposed as some of us who live and even went to school with dem. The first bredrin I had when I get here was a yardie yute so I had nuff exposure.