8 NYC kids taken from foster care found.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
8 NYC Kids Taken From Foster Care Found OK In Pa.

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — Eight siblings allegedly taken from a New York child welfare agency by their mother last week have been found with their parents in a parked van in central Pennsylvania, authorities said.

The children – who range in age from 11 months to 11 years old – are in good condition, police said. Their parents, 28-year-old Shanel Nadal and 34-year-old Nephra Payne, are in custody in Harrisburg.

The children will be returned to New York City and receive any needed medical care and counseling for any trauma they experienced, the city's Administration for Children's Services said.

"An investigation by ACS is already under way into how the children could have been abducted from the foster care agency during a supervised visit," Michael Fagan, an agency spokesman, said in a statement.

Acting U.S. Marshal Martin Pane told The Associated Press that the investigation led them to watch the family's van for several hours Monday evening, when it was parked on a Harrisburg street. The father has relatives nearby, he said.

Nephra Payne was seen coming and going at times with some of the children, authorities said.

"Our initial concern was, where were the other children? But ultimately the van was searched, and all the children were in there," Pane said.

The children showed no signs of physical abuse, he said. They were placed with Dauphin County Children and Youth Services until they can be returned to New York.

The father collapsed at the scene and was taken to Harrisburg Hospital, where he remains in medical custody, Sgt. Dan Hodges of the Dauphin County district attorney's office said Tuesday. He is awaiting arraignment.

Nadal was arraigned overnight and is being held on $200,000 bail.

The parents are charged in New York with custodial interference. Hodges did not think that any additional charges had been filed in Pennsylvania.

The couple had lost custody of the children in 2009 because of abuse allegations. Nadal allegedly fled with the seven boys and one girl during a supervised visit a child agency in Queens on Sept. 19.

New York City police had contacted the U.S. Marshals Service on Monday to say the family might be in Harrisburg. The van matching one thought to have been used in the abduction was spotted. Both New York City police and the U.S. Marshals took part in the arrest.

"It appeared as though everyone intended to spend the night in the vehicle," the Marshals Service said in a statement issued Tuesday.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Am I the only one who thinks these parents wouldn't risk everything to be with their kids if they were really guilty of abusing them?:confused

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press

The children will be returned to New York City and receive any needed medical care and counseling for any trauma they experienced, the city's Administration for Children's Services said.

"An investigation by ACS is already under way into how the children could have been abducted from the foster care agency during a supervised visit," Michael Fagan, an agency spokesman, said in a statement.
thats all i been wondering

anway glad they're alive

PS sagga abuse could mean different things living conditions, health stuff etc that may be a result of finances vs neglect?

T

T-MAKAA

Am I the only one who thinks these parents wouldn't risk everything to be with their kids if they were really guilty of abusing them?:confused
I see ur point but I dont agree with u on that.

In this case, I dont think they were accused of abusing them though.

LIONESS onda RISE

thats all i been wondering

anway glad they're alive

PS sagga abuse could mean different things living conditions, health stuff etc that may be a result of finances vs neglect?
ye..i was thinking the same..living conditions for 10 ppl..prolly was ruff

Mrs. Skilz™

well i am definately glad they found them all alive and well...ima pray for the parents though and hope that one day they can get there stuff together for their kids sake.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Having eight children sleep in the back of a van (including an infant) is abusive.

I am just glad that they are still alive. I was not optimistic.

iPicong

I cant get past them giving ALL the children the SAME name.........put that into consideration too........George Foreman is the only other jackass I ever hear about doing that.......glad the kids alive and hope they dont become further victimized

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
the woman had 8 children for one man..AND that man was still in the picture... on one hand that's something to look at... and nowhere have i been able to find out just exactly what it is they are alleged to have done.. just "allegations" of abuse.. this is America though.. if you shout at your children, you could probably be clipped as abusing them by some neighbor etc.. i'm glad they've been found safe... nefertiti is a cutie..

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
Me too...the kids were all okay...what they should be doing is helping the parents figure out a logical plan to get suitable housing...and no it's not going to be a 5 bedroom house but come on, when last have we seen the mother AND father involved in the children's lives in a story like this? If it was the mother one running off with them I wouldn't agree but with both parents it's a little harder to just be all ice cold about it...the article does say the man had family nearby where they were.

Now if there was actual abuse and not just alleged...then fine...but they seem to be going to a lot of trouble and 8 kids not no joke. Let's hope for the kids' sake it's really love. And that their family steps in to help them...and she can go ahead and tie her tubes now too, and he can go ahead and get a vasectomy cause he sure as hell doesn't need to breed her nor nobody else again...he been swelling her belly basically once a year for about the past 8 years!

Kind of concerning that he had to be hospitalized.

Do the parents have mental problems? That's a dealbreaker esp if they can't afford their meds or not taking them.

up2detime

the woman had 8 children for one man..AND that man was still in the picture... on one hand that's something to look at... and nowhere have i been able to find out just exactly what it is they are alleged to have done.. just "allegations" of abuse.. this is America though.. if you shout at your children, you could probably be clipped as abusing them by some neighbor etc.. i'm glad they've been found safe... nefertiti is a cutie..
you know I still trying to figure out which one is the girl, help me out nuh

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

It can be as simple as being repeatedly tardy or absent from school...or not picking them up after school on time. Things like having your lights turned off, or being evicted out of your place and refusing to go to a shelter.