African hits woman in Big Brother Africa

Steupz

How many African households have you seen this?
Two
what research are you basing this on?
The two I have seen, the usual talk yuh hear around de place and there was a BBC report on South Africa that immediately comes to mind.
And is it really a stretch of anyone's imagination to leap to the belief that Africa, where there's so much HIV and rape, would also have a high rate of domestic abuse?
To me that's one vine where all three flourish... infidelity, rape and domestic abuse.
what type of stats were gathered and what were the methods?
I assume the stats were based on police reports and crisis centres data.
the same stats say black(ALL blacks in America) have the highest rates of domestic violence?
I doh know about African-Americans (nor Africans, definitively) but, again, is it false thinking to believe that among a group of people where there exists a large populace that does not value marriage and family that there would be a higher rate of domestic abuse?

Domestic abuse is largely the weapon of the poor and uneducated male - as far as I know. We seem to have that combination in spades.

J

Juan Dan

for real steupz
appears the hafrican woman on average have it quite difficult on the continent
big post dsp
yet name ONE COUNTRY in teh world that has the high raype cases as say s.africa

J

Juan Dan

why do they have high rape cases
I honestly have no idea

I could do an extreme and say the men too savage or have the wrong idea of respect
or the women too sexxxxxy
seems like something the kkk would make up or do

think the rates are like 2/3 of the women were rayped and it was done multiple times

thats like walking down the road and getting hit by lightning all the time

you like "what the fukk, why the fukk lightning keep hitting me"

why you think it is?

DSP

Heri
Two

The two I have seen, the usual talk yuh hear around de place and there was a BBC report on South Africa that immediately comes to mind.
And is it really a stretch of anyone's imagination to leap to the belief that Africa, where there's so much HIV and rape, would also have a high rate of domestic abuse?
To me that's one vine where all three flourish... infidelity, rape and domestic abuse.

I assume the stats were based on police reports and crisis centres data.

I doh know about African-Americans (nor Africans, definitively) but, again, is it false thinking to believe that among a group of people where there exists a large populace that does not value marriage and family that there would be a higher rate of domestic abuse?

Domestic abuse is largely the weapon of the poor and uneducated male - as far as I know. We seem to have that combination in spades.
You mention South Africa and HIV lumped in with this.

North, West, and Central Africa have very low rates of HIV(lower than regions in the United States like DC/MD/VA) and women run a large part of the economies in West Africa, yet people will project rape and violence in S. Africa to represent the whole when S. Africa is one country.

This is where people get things confused

South Africa does not = all of Africa

Nigeria does not = all of Africa

2 of the most influential countries which are not even half the population.

same way one or two islands does not represent all the Caribbean as people like to stereotype

My point is people focus and magnify the negative to represent the whole which is just as bad as having rose colored glasses.

Notice the 3 or 4 AFRICAN MEN who broke up the fight?

NO, because people are so trained to only notice the ONE man who physically hit the woman and project that one man as the whole when 3 or 4 men are there trying to keep the peace. It's the whole evaluation preservation concept or belief perseverence. People will continue to believe what they WANT no matter how much evidence is present to show the contrary

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
transcript pls what were they arguing about?

I get the impression noone likes her the dread guy skin up his face when she made her first comment. The other chickin the kitchen jus sip her orange juice outta d champagne glass.

wtf?

DSP

Heri
transcript pls what were they arguing about?

I get the impression noone likes her
the dread guy skin up his face when she made her first comment. The other chickin the kitchen jus sip her orange juice outta d champagne glass.

wtf?
yes she's considered one of the shit starters on the show

Tweeta Fineeta

DSP how you get mad when people stereotype Africans but you love style all manner of people up all kinds of ways in all kinds of conversation??:taunt:

SMMFH @ Someone asking for a transcript when they're speaking English. Wow.

Nica

SAINTSational
I hear you DSP and your censure is deserving. But, stereotypes don't just fly out of a hat, in my opinion. There is a significant amount of domestic violence in African households.
Caribbean men come under the same scrutiny too ...some like to raise their hands to women.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
yes she's considered one of the shit starters on the show
what are they arguing about? all i got was respect yourself as a woman, then at the end they were talking about who dad is a loser

DSP how you get mad when people stereotype Africans but you love style all manner of people up all kinds of ways in all kinds of conversation??:taunt:

lol

DSP

Heri

Self defense Tweeta, if I don't do it then I'm weak.

You want to fight me? knuckle up..

DSP

Heri
what are they arguing about? all i got was respect yourself as a woman, then at the end they were talking about who dad is a loser

lol
she keeps opening the door on him over and over in the bathroom and going in while hes in the shower or just in the bathroom.

Tweeta Fineeta

Self defense Tweeta, if I don't do it then I'm weak.

You want to fight me? knuckle up..
You running to the defense of Africans every time the continent or it's people are stereotyped isn't going to eradicate stupidity, you know that right? Lol.

On the reals though, that is why I broke up with you though, I couldn't take the thump and kick dem any more. :(

DSP

Heri
You running to the defense of Africans every time the continent or it's people are stereotyped isn't going to eradicate stupidity, you know that right? Lol.

On the reals though, that is why I broke up with you though, I couldn't take the thump and kick dem any more. :(
Here I was thinking it was because I went broke. You're not superficial like they tried to tell me. Now I feel bad for listening to the rumors people told me.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
yeah we all hit women, all 300+ milllion of us, nobody in the world hits women but us. WE do it all day everyday for exercise. Nobody else does it like we do, nobody.

On all the youtube videos where women getting boxed and floored left and right it's all us.
The impression that my mother got came from many different African women (mostly west african). Although I don't share that sentiment, I will not lie, I put the same restrictions on African dudes as I do with Haitians.