Allyuh concern about the crime in T&T and what can we do to help out ?

dedetriniking

gosh boy i just hope that ship has not already sailed. My hope was to someday return to TnT to live...even before retirement...but that has been put on hold for me. And that is a refrain i'm hearing from a lot of trinis i know in New York. There is a perception that life has become very very cheap in TnT today and many of us do not recognize the place anymore. Sad.

Much of it can be blamed on the politicians who squandered and stole billions of dollars through the years and not use that money to benefit society.....but much can also be blamed on the people and their cavalier attitude about everything.

I don't know what the answer is..and i don't think anybody knows what the answer is right now. I keep bringing up Columbia as a country that was racked with violence in the 90s and early 2000s but which apparently has now turned the corner and become a much better place. I'm holding out hope that TnT will get back to the happy, party place that i remember growing up in.

trinifrombx

gosh boy i just hope that ship has not already sailed. My hope was to someday return to TnT to live...even before retirement...but that has been put on hold for me. And that is a refrain i'm hearing from a lot of trinis i know in New York. There is a perception that life has become very very cheap in TnT today and many of us do not recognize the place anymore. Sad.

Much of it can be blamed on the politicians who squandered and stole billions of dollars through the years and not use that money to benefit society.....but much can also be blamed on the people and their cavalier attitude about everything.

I don't know what the answer is..and i don't think anybody knows what the answer is right now. I keep bringing up Columbia as a country that was racked with violence in the 90s and early 2000s but which apparently has now turned the corner and become a much better place. I'm holding out hope that TnT will get back to the happy, party place that i remember growing up in.

I hope so too, left there at 12, i have no interest in returning there to live until they fix the crime and the health care system, just came back from there and it seems that wotlessness is creeping in , didn't like what i saw, but hopefully things will change for the better.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
I hope so too, left there at 12, i have no interest in returning there to live until they fix the crime and the health care system, just came back from there and it seems that wotlessness is creeping in , didn't like what i saw, but hopefully things will change for the better.

It will not fix anytime soon. Too much corruption from top to bottom with people always willing to look the other way for a small change. Yuh boy yuh grow up with in the coast guard and will hol ah lil change and tell yuh exactly when to go Venezuela and come back. If yuh carry ah bail ah toilet paper and bread yuh will get plenty guns and ammo in exchange and slipping right back into chagauramas/carenage waters easy easy. within the the villages and areas people will know of criminal activity and still befriend and lime with the criminals. Yutes looking fuh quick change and eh want to wuk. Also they like the hype of having their name call as de one who buss shot behind or take out _____, even if dat mean dey mark fuh death. 30 is a high mark for many to reach while 25 is actually realistic.

trinifrombx

It will not fix anytime soon. Too much corruption from top to bottom with people always willing to look the other way for a small change. Yuh boy yuh grow up with in the coast guard and will hol ah lil change and tell yuh exactly when to go Venezuela and come back. If yuh carry ah bail ah toilet paper and bread yuh will get plenty guns and ammo in exchange and slipping right back into chagauramas/carenage waters easy easy. within the the villages and areas people will know of criminal activity and still befriend and lime with the criminals. Yutes looking fuh quick change and eh want to wuk. Also they like the hype of having their name call as de one who buss shot behind or take out _____, even if dat mean dey mark fuh death. 30 is a high mark for many to reach while 25 is actually realistic.
Right, so now how do you fix the corruption ?

Like them youths don't want to work , everyone want the easy way out !

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Right, so now how do you fix the corruption ?

Like them youths don't want to work , everyone want the easy way out !
To begin to address the situation will require drastic action. The police force requires outsiders with 0 ties to Trini to lead and reform. It doesn't have to be forever but it needs to happen. After that then current members of the force can have their histories forensically evaluated. Things like civilian complaints against, "loss" of equipment that was used in criminal activity, witnesses injured, kidnapped, or killed from within jurisdiction, affiliations and relations to known criminals or suspected gang members, etc. should all raise red flags as to competency, and honorable service. 2 possible flags is enough for dismissal and barred from any government related protective services work.

The boats that Manning had invested in and sent CG personnel to England to train on how to operate need to be in the water. Those boats had helipads as well making it easier to spring into action and potentially track boating activity between the channels. Radar and sonar technology should be a priority.

That's just to start. But the bigger problem is that many decision makers in T&T are in the pockets of people who pull the strings in these activities and either risk being found out or alienating their biggest financial contributors. So I am not sure how it will really happen because too many connected to crime and politics at the same time.

8thWonder

To begin to address the situation will require drastic action. The police force requires outsiders with 0 ties to Trini to lead and reform. It doesn't have to be forever but it needs to happen. After that then current members of the force can have their histories forensically evaluated. Things like civilian complaints against, "loss" of equipment that was used in criminal activity, witnesses injured, kidnapped, or killed from within jurisdiction, affiliations and relations to known criminals or suspected gang members, etc. should all raise red flags as to competency, and honorable service. 2 possible flags is enough for dismissal and barred from any government related protective services work.

The boats that Manning had invested in and sent CG personnel to England to train on how to operate need to be in the water. Those boats had helipads as well making it easier to spring into action and potentially track boating activity between the channels. Radar and sonar technology should be a priority.

That's just to start. But the bigger problem is that many decision makers in T&T are in the pockets of people who pull the strings in these activities and either risk being found out or alienating their biggest financial contributors. So I am not sure how it will really happen because too many connected to crime and politics at the same time.
Boy you're a real dummy aren't you?Thats exactly what leads to more problems in a country, letting outsiders police your own people.Look at Puerto Rico or Colombia.Better yet we can talk about Iraq post Sadaam Hussein regime.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Boy you're a real dummy aren't you?Thats exactly what leads to more problems in a country, letting outsiders police your own people.Look at Puerto Rico or Colombia.Better yet we can talk about Iraq post Sadaam Hussein regime.
I said temporarily yuh fockin conthole. Right now there is too much corruption from top to bottom. Therefore only persons without a vested interest in politics or connections to the high rollers can get the ball rolling. Without that is only hope and pray while society becomes more and more lawless. Rather than try to find flaws in my idea why don't you suggest something viable oh wise one :rolleyes:

8thWonder

I said temporarily yuh fockin conthole. Right now there is too much corruption from top to bottom. Therefore only persons without a vested interest in politics or connections to the high rollers can get the ball rolling. Without that is only hope and pray while society becomes more and more lawless. Rather than try to find flaws in my idea why don't you suggest something viable oh wise one :rolleyes:
You should never let outsiders police the country for any time period ,but you one of these guys that think you know everything eh but ok be the big man.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
I Rather than try to find flaws in my idea why don't you suggest something viable oh wise one :rolleyes:
You should never let outsiders police the country for any time period ,but you one of these guys that think you know everything eh but ok be the big man.
I highlighted something you apparently missed. I never claim to know everything, I simply state something I think can be an option based on the rampant corruption that exists. I am more than willing to hear other potentially better ideas. I doh care about being right in this as much as I would like to see the crime situation arrested (no pun intended).

8thWonder

I highlighted something you apparently missed. I never claim to know everything, I simply state something I think can be an option based on the rampant corruption that exists. I am more than willing to hear other potentially better ideas. I doh care about being right in this as much as I would like to see the crime situation arrested (no pun intended).
Its pretty much a ridiculous and unrealistic option, and what an airhead like you doesn't seem to understand is that outsiders are not even going to have any interest on Trini being cleaned up of the corruption from th ebottom up. Plus you have to deal with the fact that temporary can be just that,how are you so sure the local Trinis are going to be on good behavior when your foreign monitors are gone ?

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Its pretty much a ridiculous and unrealistic option, and what an airhead like you doesn't seem to understand is that outsiders are not even going to have any interest on Trini being cleaned up of the corruption from th ebottom up. Plus you have to deal with the fact that temporary can be just that,how are you so sure the local Trinis are going to be on good behavior when your foreign monitors are gone ?
Are you 5 or something? Can you conduct a civilized conversation without acting like an infant? The incentive will always be money plain and simple. If they actually do what they are paid to, then there would be a vetting process that should root out some (if not most) of the corruption. If that can happen then you will have real police interested in doing actual policing as opposed to getting paid on the side. So with real police in place crime can actually be tackled in a proper, professional, and efficient manner.

With all the name calling and attempts to find fault, you have yet to offer anything at all in terms of a possible solution. Maybe you should just sit this out the rest of the way.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Are you 5 or something? Can you conduct a civilized conversation without acting like an infant? The incentive will always be money plain and simple. If they actually do what they are paid to, then there would be a vetting process that should root out some (if not most) of the corruption. If that can happen then you will have real police interested in doing actual policing as opposed to getting paid on the side. So with real police in place crime can actually be tackled in a proper, professional, and efficient manner.

With all the name calling and attempts to find fault, you have yet to offer anything at all in terms of a possible solution. Maybe you should just sit this out the rest of the way.
And what have you contributed? TriniFromBKLYNKantaDJ...