An abundance of caution?

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
not even the school choir? debate team? traffic duty?
I lied - I did go away on an overnight trip with the school choir in middle school. It took 2 months of continuous begging...crying...my choir director calling them to let me go. They even gave me a scholarship to go for free to not give my parents any more of an excuse to say no.

Other than that, if I wasn't coming back on the same day, it wasn't happening.

DSP

Heri
I lied - I did go away on an overnight trip with the school choir is middle school. It took 2 months of continuous begging...crying...my choir director calling them to let me go. They even gave me a scholarship to go for free to not give my parents any more of an excuse to say no.

Other than that, if I wasn't coming back on the same day, it wasn't happening.
ahhh you were one of those :grin:

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
LOL!! wha that?

I don't know if the original scenario APPEARS the same on the outside as riding the team bus or riding with the school band or touring with a play.
"Ha Ha Ha...Kill..Kill...Kill"

*serial killer Jason whisper voice*

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
before i leave my kid with anyone, whether it be for athletics or whatever, it would have to be some kind of established program,
registered with whatever agency that has authority over such a thing, or the BBB, or whatever...
and have had some kind of proven track record...

Even those things i would be leary of... I watch SVU..
I remember back when i was a kid and i would ask my mother if i can go to this sleep away camp, or that sports program and she would be like know...
I would be like "WHYYY NOTTT WHAT IS THE BIG DEAALLLLLLLLL...PLLLEEEAAAZZZZZZEEEEE"... now i know why
:kicks :kicks I embrace my paranoia especially when it comes to kids.

I was in a marching band as a youth and when we did out of country tours my mum volunteered as one of the chaperones. The chaperones stayed together but the marching band would billet us girls with families for life experience in the city/town/country we were in - and it was always a family that was vetted beforehand - and we were always billeted in two's or four's. Never ever a single girl with anyone. They had their restrictions to limit potential abuse.

I doubt my parents would have let me go if my mother wasn't somewhere in the mix.....I was under 16 yrs at that time.

Poca

Being in the sport competition world, I know that, depending how far she goes, one day I will be forced to make similar decision. It's not always feasible for parents to travel with their kids for special training and competition. I still think that it's really all about trust and comfort level.