Any Handyman/Handywoman in here?

Steupz

Poca i think this time it would be best to hire someone oui....cause if u doh know where to start with getting tools then u doh need to use one...

u ever hit a nail with a hammer...i have seen skilled people hit they fingers instead of the nail
And bend de nail all kinda how and cause damage

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Poca i think this time it would be best to hire someone oui....cause if u doh know where to start with getting tools then u doh need to use one...

u ever hit a nail with a hammer...i have seen skilled people hit they fingers instead of the nail
Poca might wine up hitting the finger on the same hand she holding de hammer with.:rofl:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
go to Ikea and look for the toolset.. contains a pliers, hammer, screwdriver with assorted heads... it cost about 7 or 8 dollars.. but they are sturdy

The comments in here cracking me up.

But for real Poca, I understand the desire to want to learn how to do these things for yourself and not depend on someone to do it for you. Luckily when I was young my mom taught me how to fix a toilet, my grandfather taught me how to use a wrench and my uncles taught me how to properly hammer a nail (that sound weird).

When I moved into my first place, I went to the hardware store and bought four essentials, IMO: a hammer, a screwdriver (that came with a phillips-head and a flat-head), a wrench, and a pair of pliers... over the course of time I have purchased more tools based on whatever needed fixing in my apartment.

TOLOMB

Red Man
I am thinking about getting some tools so I can start doing some little repairs around the house but, there are so many tools out there that I don't know where to start.

I would like to have some very basic tools and maybe a few others.
You don't want to buy BS tools because they break unexpectedly. Since its for simple around the house use, I'd recommend Husky, Klein and Stanley brand tools.

1. Tape Measure
2. Screwdriver set of at least 4, with one phillips & one flathead at least 4" long or better.
3. A good claw hammer.
4. Vice grip
5. Cordless Drill
6. Duct-tape, Gorilla Glue or some strong bonding compound.