Any people from Monsterrat on here???

Wadadlineko

Montserrat is a beautiful island. Been there once and I am planning to go back again next year. I remember when the volcano blew. It looked like a huge mushroom cloud from Antigua. I was at secondary school at the time. Afterwards the sky went black over antigua as ash rained down on us for days. The army had to be called out and the airport locked down. That was aweful. We had to wear dust masks for a few days when we went outside. I managed to get some ash as a keepsake from that time.

But I love the food over there and the place is just beautiful. The old city looks like a ghost town with ash covering whole buildings. All you can see is the roof.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Montserrat is a beautiful island. Been there once and I am planning to go back again next year. I remember when the volcano blew. It looked like a huge mushroom cloud from Antigua. I was at secondary school at the time. Afterwards the sky went black over antigua as ash rained down on us for days. The army had to be called out and the airport locked down. That was aweful. We had to wear dust masks for a few days when we went outside. I managed to get some ash as a keepsake from that time.

But I love the food over there and the place is just beautiful. The old city looks like a ghost town with ash covering whole buildings. All you can see is the roof.
Will you please tell us about the food and post your photos.