Anybody have famous relatives?

antiguad

Does anyone have any really "famous" close relatives?

I'm not talking about famous in your neighbourhood, or village, but BIG time famous. How do they treat you? Ever been tempted to ask them for money? Have they changed from when you knew them first to their success??

antiguad

I've actually got one quite famous relative (by British standards at least). Quite famous entertainer, multi millionaire, currently on the British rich list for people under 30. Been quite interesting watching him rise from literally nobody to having his own driver because he can't be bothered to drive through London.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
I've actually got one quite famous relative (by British standards at least). Quite famous entertainer, multi millionaire, currently on the British rich list for people under 30. Been quite interesting watching him rise from literally nobody to having his own driver because he can't be bothered to drive through London.
And, what is your relationship with him? Do you hang out like before? Does he take care of your bills? Etc.

antiguad

And, what is your relationship with him? Do you hang out like before? Does he take care of your bills? Etc.
Seeing as how I live in the Caribbean and he lives in the UK, we only hung out when he was down here (naturally). However, he's been visiting the Caribbean since he was about 5 (and was actually born here I think) so of course we do know each other well.

Even when I was up there we never hung out really because he was usually on the road touring etc. Of course, whenever we do meet he'd give me a nice gift (e.g. I got a really nice watch) and meals etc.

That being said I do think he's quite a bit more aloof than he was before the whole "stardom" thing hit. But he's one of the few stars with their head screwed on straight (along with the members of his group) and he doesn't overindulge in drinking, doesn't smoke, and has a steady girlfriend (who he's now engaged to apparently) so at least he's managed to avoid most of the negativity associated with becoming a millionaire at 21.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Seeing as how I live in the Caribbean and he lives in the UK, we only hung out when he was down here (naturally). However, he's been visiting the Caribbean since he was about 5 (and was actually born here I think) so of course we do know each other well.

Even when I was up there we never hung out really because he was usually on the road touring etc. Of course, whenever we do meet he'd give me a nice gift (e.g. I got a really nice watch) and meals etc.

That being said I do think he's quite a bit more aloof than he was before the whole "stardom" thing hit. But he's one of the few stars with their head screwed on straight (along with the members of his group) and he doesn't overindulge in drinking, doesn't smoke, and has a steady girlfriend (who he's now engaged to apparently) so at least he's managed to avoid most of the negativity associated with becoming a millionaire at 21.
ok so ur related to Marvin Humes

good for you

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
not close to him, even though he wanted to meet his father's (my mother's side) family. shortly after they rekindled their relationship, his father passed away. shoot I wasn't even close with that side of the family since my mother stopped going down for the summer. anyway he's a little on the misunderstood side, and I used to brag about him in the 80s during the height of his boxing career. Now not so much.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
oh and my husband is related to jeremiah (former nfl player) and dee dee trotter (track and field)....a few years ago he found out that he's related to black thought from the roots.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
shit... i didnt even realize he on the Celtics now...
never met him.. just found out like 2 years ago we related...
I heard he takes part in many carnivals, TnT and Miami to name a couple... heard he is good Friends with Brian Lara as well

sankofaa

shit... i didnt even realize he on the Celtics now...
never met him.. just found out like 2 years ago we related...
I heard he takes part in many carnivals, TnT and Miami to name a couple... heard he is good Friends with Brian Lara as well
met joel a few times, at games and at carnival hes cool people, the heat kinda did him dirty with that trade

antiguad

not close to him, even though he wanted to meet his father's (my mother's side) family. shortly after they rekindled their relationship, his father passed away. shoot I wasn't even close with that side of the family since my mother stopped going down for the summer. anyway he's a little on the misunderstood side, and I used to brag about him in the 80s during the height of his boxing career. Now not so much.
U related to Mike Tyson?

biggadon

Wiley !

LIONESS onda RISE

is this a guessing thread?

ok..my aunite is a grammy award winning singer/songwritter. She has been covered many times, most famously done by the Fugies

well, actually, shes my cousin..(my fathers cousin). her most famous duets with the likes of Donnie Hathaway and Peeeboeeee Brison..lol

Never thought to ask her for any money...my parents never thought to either.... seems like she looked after her immediate family quite nicely..she has a couple sisters that still live in northern PG county area..(ive seen her help some of her sis kids, but not the one(s) she dislikes.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
is this a guessing thread?

ok..my aunite is a grammy award winning singer/songwritter. She has been covered many times, most famously done by the Fugies

well, actually, shes my cousin..(my fathers cousin). her most famous duets with the likes of Donnie Hathaway and Peeeboeeee Brison..lol

Never thought to ask her for any money...my parents never thought to either.... seems like she looked after her immediate family quite nicely..she has a couple sisters that still live in northern PG county area..(ive seen her help some of her sis kids, but not the one(s) she dislikes.
Ms. Roberta Flack

P.S. - Nothing touches "The Closer I Get To You"