As The Last Afro-centric Brother On THis Site...

Ras_Apache

you trying to pull rank on me???? lol

you are b.s.ing right? is that the reason why emphasize diversity so much in your school search? i REALLY hope that is not the reason why you parody jamaican culture and make a mockery of it so much....

*keeps finger next to ignore button*
did you squeeze the button yet? :kicks

ive said it once, twice, thrice,, several times around here.

I am a first generation yankee of jamaican parents who spent nuff time in jamaica and married a trini woman. i am mixed with black and indian. spanish people think i am spanish, indians think i am indian, blacks think i am black. if i go to the midwest no one knows what the hell i am.

I like diversity in school because i like diversity. i think we can learn a lot for each other and sell ourselves short by sticking to what we know.

i make a mockery of jamaican culture so much because i love it and it is funny to me.

Ras_Apache

I have no problem with Blacks of mixed backgrounds. I have issues with mixed race people who are only Black when it benefits them.
whats wrong with that? mixed people are as equal black as they are the other race they are mixed with. if they were smart they would use each to their advantage...ie pres. Obama

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !

I am a first generation yankee of jamaican parents who spent nuff time in jamaica and married a trini woman. i am mixed with black and indian. spanish people think i am spanish, indians think i am indian, blacks think i am black. if i go to the midwest no one knows what the hell i am.

I like diversity in school because i like diversity. i think we can learn a lot for each other and sell ourselves short by sticking to what we know.

i make a mockery of jamaican culture so much because i love it and it is funny to me.
Ok. I figured Ras = black (or down to earth) and Apache = Indian.

the white jewish joke made me doubt my snap judgment...

stop that! lol

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
VP has long carried on with that kind of color nonsense. Just do a search of his threads over the time if you would like see it. People without color issues don't go on and on regarding such matters in the way that he does.
that's not what I am saying. I have read his pass threads and chatted directly with him about it. So regardless of the messenger, there is a mentality of blacks perferring the "house negro" over the "field negro" for the longest while. Nuff other ppl have talked and made points about this very thing on this site as well.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Racism is a mentality, among other things. Those that hold racist attitudes will likely have a difficult time understanding other experiences. It is what it is.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
that's not what I am saying. I have read his pass threads and chatted directly with him about it. So regardless of the messenger, there is a mentality of blacks perferring the "house negro" over the "field negro" for the longest while. Nuff other ppl have talked and made points about this very thing on this site as well.
I was responding to the OP, not your post. That is my opinion of his threads, whether or not some may disagree. He has color issues. Others have spoken about it, but it comes across entirely different, and that is for a reason.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
I was responding to the OP, not your post. That is my opinion of his threads, whether or not some may disagree. He has color issues. Others have spoken about it, but it comes across entirely different, and that is for a reason.
goodness, fine. Im not trying to argue with you. just stating my own opinion which is what I thought we were all doing.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Boohoo. Jews marrying WI is nothing new at least for jamaicans. So, I have to wonder are you a jafaking Jew??
that's what i am saying

I have no problem with Blacks of mixed backgrounds. I have issues with mixed race people who are only Black when it benefits them.
true that

that's what i thought...just making sure...awhoa

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
yea, rabbi shmuley is a staple in the west indian community. all the yentas go crazy over him. he is a chef in crown heights. his specialties are curried matzos, jerk gefilte fish and knish in a mango chutney sauce
Yeah that part i understand. Is him wining up on parkway a lick mi fi six! lol

Missmayling

whats wrong with that? mixed people are as equal black as they are the other race they are mixed with. if they were smart they would use each to their advantage...ie pres. Obama
President Obama made it clear he is Black of mixed parentage. Tiger woods for example, said he is not black, but mixed. There is a difference no matter how hard you try and twist it.