Bad manners or being healthy?

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
That's not even an option, tho I wish. We missed last year and its a close friend who supports everything that we do. In the end it doesn't matter but so much because mine won't even think about food whether its something she likes or not in that environment. I just find it kinda perplexing from and intelligent, well informed adult.
but on average, many parents do parties at Chuck E Cheese or McD's because its convenient and cheaper to host. So I dont find her choice to do so, that out of the ordinary or surprising. At the end of the day, everything is about choice - even if its a hard one. You decide what aspect is more of a priority for you and go with that decision- even if its tough.

I doubt my dad found it easy to say to us as well when we were little.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Was just on the phone w/ a g/f about her daughter's 5th bday party this Saturday and this thread came to mind. She decided to do the party at Prospect Park Zoo :headbang: despite every other idea I've been giving her for weeks and now she tells me each child is getting a HAPPY MEAL...yea, McDonald's frikin happy meal! So I say "Really C, you gonna give ppl's kids McDonald's? Like for real?" and she answers "Look, I know you don't give your daughter McDonald's but most ppl do let their kids have happy meals now and then, if you want, I'll get something else for yours". She's someone that I can speak to pretty straight w/out worrying about being polite, yet she sounded like she was getting offended so i let it drop.

Am I crazy or is it crazy that in this day and age someone would take it upon themselves to feed other ppl's kids McDonald's??

What would be your reaction if you took your kid to a bday party and the host was serving mcnuggets & fries?
well I grow different I'm not going to a bday party to get fast food.
pelau
cheesepaste
homemade icecream
puffs
and on and on... not tryna sound a ways but i'd feel sorry for a kid if thats what they were sharing at the bday party
its 1 thing if thats what they can afford but if thats what they choose...

damn kids doh have nutten to look forward to these days

Last edited:

BacchanalDiva

well I grow different I'm not going to a bday party to get fast food.
pelau
cheesepaste
homemade icecream
puffs
and on and on... not tryna sound a ways but i'd feel sorry for a kid if thats what they were sharing at the bday party

damn kids doh have nutten to look forward to these days
Gurl these are americans, Brooklynites at that. :kicks bout pelau and homemade ice cream

BacchanalDiva

but on average, many parents do parties at Chuck E Cheese or McD's because its convenient and cheaper to host. So I dont find her choice to do so, that out of the ordinary or surprising. At the end of the day, everything is about choice - even if its a hard one. You decide what aspect is more of a priority for you and go with that decision- even if its tough.

I doubt my dad found it easy to say to us as well when we were little.
But most ppl are getting smarter and that's changing the market. Look how since the pink slime thing, fast food joints have been suffering. They're doing everything in their power to try to offer so called healthy choices on their menus because are not as quick to buy that stuff for their families. So I don't expect parents to be as quick to host parties in those kinds of places these days.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Gurl these are americans, Brooklynites at that. :kicks bout pelau and homemade ice cream
bleh dese kids dont know good food but the way they cry and carry on for those kids meals you swear its the holy grail.

well good luck do her I guess ur friend will do what works for her

BacchanalDiva

bleh dese kids dont know good food but the way they cry and carry on for those kids meals you swear its the holy grail.

well good luck do her I guess ur friend will do what works for her
Exactly cause they're taught to think of it as a treat. That's just why i don't make exceptions...don't want it thought of us as that once in awhile thing to look forward too. Its poison, doh eat it, talk done.

She doesn't get good homemade food at her school friend's parties either but at least its usually pizza, hummus, fresh fruit & veggie platter is standard fare.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
But most ppl are getting smarter and that's changing the market. Look how since the pink slime thing, fast food joints have been suffering. They're doing everything in their power to try to offer so called healthy choices on their menus because are not as quick to buy that stuff for their families. So I don't expect parents to be as quick to host parties in those kinds of places these days.
i get u. i think ppl will choose the option less as time goes by. But for me, if they do and they inform the parents where they want to take their kids, i still feel its up to the parents to decide what they will allow their kids to participate in.

if ur friend got a huge backlash from other parents tripping on her for choosing McD's then I would get it. But if she nah hear a peep out of anyone (except you :kicks ) then status quo it is.