Beenie Man and Elephant Man Onstage interview about the BET awards

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zb9b4Nt0pUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i find it interesting that they said that Patra and Shabba Ranks turned down the offer to be in the show....and that the segment was supposed to be longer to include them in it....

they are also saying that there will be a dancehall segment EVERY YEAR on the BET awards....now i have reason to actually watch it...

if anyone saw the performance, it was nice to see everybody get up and sing along with the music....dancehall and reggae definitely get a lot of love....

i also liked how they said they wanted them to close the show after seeing them rehearse but realized that that might be offensive since BET is a hip hop station....

the best part is them talking about feeling pride to represent Jamaica and seeing their flag on stage....they recognize the importance, and didn't feel they were too big

Minxy

my boo said rumor have it that Elephant Man's daughter and baby mama has AIDS, compliments of him :drag:

*guffaw*

yeah right......
nationality and all that nonsense aside, Bunji Garlin is more musically, lyrically gifted and versatile than Elephant man and Beenie put together but thats not really the topic, because i wont like for people to disrespect artist like Bunji when they dont know his catalogue or his talent

anyway moving on, this is a nice look for BET, it was nice that they actually had a decent segment focusing on non African American Black music. time for Black America to realize they are not the only Black people in the world.

especially after that horrible Grammy Bob Marley tribute.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Hopefully so. That would be cool. Don't mind that bytch. She wishes she was born Jamaican sooo bad....
LOL

That remind me of this comment I saw on youtube where this Belizean chick was talking about how much she hate when her people try to act like they from Jamaica.:kicks

notorious saga

Sagattarius
nationality and all that nonsense aside, Bunji Garlin is more musically, lyrically gifted and versatile than Elephant man and Beenie put together but thats not really the topic, because i wont like for people to disrespect artist like Bunji when they dont know his catalogue or his talent

anyway moving on, this is a nice look for BET, it was nice that they actually had a decent segment focusing on non African American Black music. time for Black America to realize they are not the only Black people in the world.

Bunji is ah Kool fellah eh buh ah won't go that far swagger.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
LOL

That remind me of this comment I saw on youtube where this Belizean chick was talking about how much she hate when her people try to act like they from Jamaica.:kicks

lol...you people are so sad.......y'all really carry feelings for me...

they way how unno beg me to acknowledge unno, cause unno wish unno was relevant and significant enough to garner my attention just because.....the way i can command unno attention without trying

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen

but what sort of influence does he have??????

this is not even a thread to compare jamaica to the rest of the caribbean, but look how unno a try tun it into that.....

unno always start a fight that UNNO CAN'T WIN?????

unno a glutton for punishment?

but what sort of influence does he have??????

this is not even a thread to compare jamaica to the rest of the caribbean, but look how unno a try tun it into that.....

unno always start a fight that UNNO CAN'T WIN?????

unno a glutton for punishment?
not comparing nothing, just had to clear up that Bunji is very talented, would not like someone to diss if they never listen to his music.

i dont have time for comparison, a couple jamaican artist make bet, i am happy for that

really wont try to fight that

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
not comparing nothing, just had to clear up that Bunji is very talented, would not like someone to diss if they never listen to his music.

i dont have time for comparison, a couple jamaican artist make bet, i am happy for that

really wont try to fight that
who said i never listen to bunji music????? don't assume anything....just because i prefer reggae/dancehall over soca does not mean that i don't listen to soca at all......it is just shitty in comparison...IN MY OPINION

who said i never listen to bunji music????? don't assume anything....just because i prefer reggae/dancehall over soca does not mean that i don't listen to soca at all......it is just shitty in comparison...IN MY OPINION
ok cool

how do you feel about Belizean artists getting international acclaim?

dedetriniking

You don't think you are offending people by calling the music that they like "sh*tty"?

You are lifting up yuh frock in public, bending over exposing yourself....and yet you have the temerity to boast about people noticing you?

steuuuupppps!

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
ok cool

how do you feel about Belizean artists getting international acclaim?

i don't have any feelings about them......when and if they do....good for them...but i am not a fan of Punta music, so i have no feelings about it...and i am not Belizean, so i don't feel i need to be obligated to have some sort of attachment to their artists...same way i am american but i don't feel obligated to have an attachment to all things american

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
You don't think you are offending people by calling the music that they like "sh*tty"?

You are lifting up yuh frock in public, bending over exposing yourself....and yet you have the temerity to boast about people noticing you?

steuuuupppps!
In all fairness, she said the comparison was shitty, not the music. Obviously if she though the music was shitty she wouldnt say that she does listen to it.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
lol...you people are so sad.......y'all really carry feelings for me...

they way how unno beg me to acknowledge unno, cause unno wish unno was relevant and significant enough to garner my attention just because.....the way i can command unno attention without trying
This is coming from your Belizean people, I just quoted what was said. I could give two rats ass if you want to be Jamaican, Mexican or African at the end of the day you doing you.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen

steuuuupppps!

ummmmmmmmm i said that AFTERWARDS.....LOL

this is a thread about 2 dancehall artists, and unno want to try to make it about EVERYTHING ELSE BUT DANCEHALL :rofl:

that's what so sad

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
This is coming from your Belizean people, I just quoted what was said. I could give two rats ass if you want to be Jamaican, Mexican or African at the end of the day you doing you.

please......he does not represent my people....that attitude he has is of a child with cultural inferiority complex...Belizeans don't suffer from that....only people who don't know their place in the society they're in, act that way