Best N.B.A. Defender of all time?

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
are you saying that Michael Jordan was not important, he was just another pawn in the offense and you could simply input anyone....

by the time Scottie made it to Port/Hous i am sure even you could admit that his skill set had set to diminish much like Patrick in Orlando, or Jordan in Washington come on dudes.
:rofl:

He went to Houston at age 33!
Blazers a year later.

If he was so great why at 33 he was ready to be put out to pasture? You talkin ah pack ah shit!

bhalistix

It is I
You're obviously a Bulls worshipper that obviously fell off the bandwagon after the 97-98 season and only concerned about the end results of those years. You believe Pippen is THE most impactful defender you've ever seen, in an era of Olajuwon and Robinson carrying defences night in and out. Bwoy mi cah help yuh there,lol.

Other than the brief hiatus of MJ, Pippen never even remotely approached either of those guys as a defensive force. And he was still inferior within that span as well to either.

If you care to rewatch the games from the '92 playoffs XMan intimidated, bullied and outplayed Pippen over the course of that series h2h.

By Sam Smith, Tribune Pro Basketball Writer | October 30, 1994

Call it the X-files. It certainly has been a mystery. Xavier McDaniel helps the New York Knicks to the brink of one of the greatest upsets in NBA playoff history by outplaying Scottie Pippen and getting the Knicks to a seventh game against the Bulls' best team, the 1991-92 group, which won 67 games
go ahead and rest an mans entire career on one playoff series considering the large amount he played.

When your total argument about and mans entire career rest on series that only highlights the weakness in your argument. It would be like saying Patrick Ewing was an over hype, soft, blown up center cause he had nothing for Hakeem in their NBA playoff series....

PS: was the the highlight of X man's career...

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
So DeAndre Jordan is then? lmao...

So who is then? Rose hasn't played in more than a year, Rondo is out, and Conley is iffy...
No one in todays league should be mentioned as great defenders besides Kobe, Duncan, Tony Allen, Iguodala, and Garnett. Everyone else is a soft flopper.

Best PG Defender...fwiw, Avery Bradley.

bhalistix

It is I

Blazers a year later.

If he was so great why at 33 he was ready to be put out to pasture? You talkin ah pack ah shit!

seriously dude stop clowning yourself. i guess everybody peaks at 33 right that the ripe age for sporting excellence right..... dude you can't be taking yourself serious.

DerMonger

Blazers a year later.

Lol....I'm a lifelong Rockets fan and yuh spouting revisionist history. Pippen wasn't the same player after his injury riddled 97-98 season. He was already on a downward slope by the time he reached H-town where he posted his lowest totals since his 2nd year. He was done as a star player by time he reach Houston.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
seriously dude stop clowning yourself. i guess everybody peaks at 33 right that the ripe age for sporting excellence right..... dude you can't be taking yourself serious.
The great ones are still great at 33 though! Talk any shit yuh want but Jordan, Nique, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Kobe, Olajuwan, Robinson, Shaq, Payton, Stockton, Garnett, Miller, Kareem, and we can go on were all still great and led their teams at ages 33, and 34. Pippen was a flop in both Houston and Portland at that age. Sorry but Pip was way overratted. If not for having Kukoc to help out, Bulls would proabably have been shit in 94.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Lol....I'm a lifelong Rockets fan and yuh spouting revisionist history. Pippen wasn't the same player after his injury riddled 97-98 season. He was already on a downward slope by the time he reached H-town where he posted his lowest totals since his 2nd year. He was done as a star player by time he reach Houston.
Dude Ewing tore up his wrist worse that anything seen in major car accidents and still came back to dominate. So my point stands Pipen wasn't what they make him out to be. He was good but to claim 50 greatest is utter fockin bullshit. And to have him down as the best defender?! Steups!

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
The great ones are still great at 33 though! Talk any shit yuh want but Jordan, Nique, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Kobe, Olajuwan, Robinson, Shaq, Payton, Stockton, Garnett, Miller, Kareem, and we can go on were all still great and led their teams at ages 33, and 34. Pippen was a flop in both Houston and Portland at that age. Sorry but Pip was way overratted. If not for having Kukoc to help out, Bulls would proabably have been shit in 94.
If not for Pippen, Jordan wins 0 titles and we're all talking about Magic and Kobe being the greatest of all time.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Only person in history to recognize Tony Kukoc lol
You must be the president of his fan club.

How many good years did The Dream have?

Pippen only played in Houston for half a year and that failed because those guys couldn't play together. If memory serves me correct didn't Portland make the Western Conference Finals when he was there? You have Malone up there but seem to forget his excursion with the Lakers. That was a miserable failure. Jordan was abysmal with the Wizards. Gary Payton, see Karl Malone.

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner

Pippen only played in Houston for half a year and that failed because those guys couldn't play together. If memory serves me correct didn't Portland make the Western Conference Finals when he was there? You have Malone up there but seem to forget his excursion with the Lakers. That was a miserable failure. Jordan was abysmal with the Wizards. Gary Payton, see Karl Malone.
The Houston experiment failed because Barkley never decided to get in shape

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

Good years? Datz how I kno u on some bullshit. Olajuwan had 15 great years starting from his rookie campaign. In the course of those 15 years he led his team in scoring 14 out of 15, led them in rebounds 13 of the 15 and led in blocks all 15. You must be high to even ask that as if pipen could hold da man jock strap!

Malone went to LA as a a last ditch effort to try and win a championship. He wasn't brought in to take them over the hump nor was Payton. As a matter of fact they both chose to go to LA, as opposed to the Lakers chasing after them. Blazers were a fixture in the playoffs so is not as if Pipen led a hapless team to glory. Come better!

DerMonger

go ahead and rest an mans entire career on one playoff series considering the large amount he played.
When your total argument about and mans entire career rest on series that only highlights the weakness in your argument. It would be like saying Patrick Ewing was an over hype, soft, blown up center cause he had nothing for Hakeem in their NBA playoff series....

PS: was the the highlight of X man's career...
Yeah sure. I watched his whole career. He could be gotten too mentally and physically....especially in his early years. If you're old enough to recall the late 80s, he rightfully got that label playing against the BadBoys. There were times in his career guys would give him a hard foul and it'd totally affect him the rest of a game and he'd become passive and try to avoid contact whereas MJ became more driven.

I guess you don't recall him requesting to be pulled out of a Game 7 with his season on the line when things weren't going well in 1990.

Btw....Xman was a damn good player b4 NY and his knees went.

DerMonger

Dude Ewing tore up his wrist worse that anything seen in major car accidents and still came back to dominate. So my point stands Pipen wasn't what they make him out to be. He was good but to claim 50 greatest is utter fockin bullshit. And to have him down as the best defender?! Steups!
Well that "top 50" list is over 15 years old and is a tad outdated. I'm sure if it were revised some guys from that list would've been bumped. Since that ceremony, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, DWade, Paul Pierce Kevin Garnett have all made their marks and have proven to be superior players to Pippen and others there.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Yeah sure. I watched his whole career. He could be gotten too mentally and physically....especially in his early years. If you're old enough to recall the late 80s, he rightfully got that label playing against the BadBoys. There were times in his career guys would give him a hard foul and it'd totally affect him the rest of a game and he'd become passive and try to avoid contact whereas MJ became more driven.

I guess you don't recall him requesting to be pulled out of a Game 7 with his season on the line when things weren't going well in 1990.

I wasn't even gonna mention that to them! Pipen is ah fackin joke to be mentioned in the best ever anything!

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Well that "top 50" list is over 15 years old and is a tad outdated. I'm sure if it were revised some guys from that list would've been bumped. Since that ceremony, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, DWade, Paul Pierce Kevin Garnett have all made their marks and have proven to be superior players to Pippen and others there.
Well next time will likely be top 75 to coincide with the 75th anivversary so he will be safe.

bhalistix

It is I

dude if you going to remember history lets remember it correct, what the hell you mean things going well. What about the game wasn't goin well.

Yeh that the problem with NY the always seem to have been filled with just DAMN GOOD PLAYERS and never some truly great players. Charles smith, Allan Houston, Doc Rivers, and the rest of the misfits who despite being DAMN GOOD PLAYERS could never beAt Scottie Pippen bulls.

I guess that is how you work your way into the list of NBA greatest players by gaining a label soft.

You don't get to call a man whose assignment it was every night to guard the opposing times best small player SOFT ok.

DerMonger

This is what a best NBA defender ever should look like. This game was like a one man defensive wrecking crew.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/epPwITy_BMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At 2:34, he's caught on a switch with MJ and holds his own defensively and doesn't get blown by.

Then at 8:30 with the game on the line......

DerMonger

dude if you going to remember history lets remember it correct, what the hell you mean things going well. What about the game wasn't goin well.

Yeh that the problem with NY the always seem to have been filled with just DAMN GOOD PLAYERS and never some truly great players. Charles smith, Allan Houston, Doc Rivers, and the rest of the misfits who despite being DAMN GOOD PLAYERS could never beAt Scottie Pippen bulls.

I guess that is how you work your way into the list of NBA greatest players by gaining a label soft.

You don't get to call a man whose assignment it was every night to guard the opposing times best small player SOFT ok.
Well I'm just disagreeing with him being the greatest defender ever. He could be rattled by physical play. That's a FACT about his career. I'd label him the best defensive SF ever, but there were other players were more influential than he.

I'm not sure why you bring up the Knicks' shortcomings like that supposed to offend me a Rockets fan that also enjoyed beating them in the playoffs,lol.