Bill Thompson for Mayor of NYC 2013....

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Bill Thompson for Mayor of NYC 2013

Welcome to billthompsonformayor | billthompsonformayor

Ppl, a lot of NYC citizens let us down in 2009, they fail to come out and supported Bill Thompson run for Mayor. Criminal Bloomberg outspent him by 14 to 1, the Black clergy leaders of NYC such as Floyd H Fake ( A Flake he is) he received close to 8 million in City Contracts, Rev Calvin Butts III ( sold out his longtime friend Bill ) at the tune of 7 million dollars in City Contracts….

Note, after Bloomberg gave a $1 million donation to the church’s development corporation — roughly 10 percent of its annual budget — with the implicit promise of more to come. Rev Timothy Birket ( another sell out) Rev A.R. Bernard ( Pastor of the Biggest Church…I think in NYC Christian Cultural Center….you want to see his cars, his planes, his Bling….a Bunch of F’ing Hypocrites and Sellouts !

These fools sold out …yet Bloomberg counterparties reaped numerous no bid Mult-Million dollar contracts, etc…..just look around, construction all around the City…how many Blacks you see working on theses site ?

Next to none

No way you can’t feel away…

More or less: Pulpit Pimps….The Church for Sale : read the story…

Pulpit Pimps | I'm Speaking Truth... | Page 2

What can we do…well, listen, travel around Brooklyn, more so Downtown BK, Queens, etc…Bloomberg sold it out to his ppl.

All of them have Big Jobs, making real Money…what do we have?

The young ppl here can’t even move out on their own…..the cost of livingin NYC is outrageous, how can you pay rent, start a family, etc….

" With 99% of precincts reporting, NY1 says there's 51% for Bloomberg and 46% for Thompson. The Daily News deems Bloomberg the winner, but has this quote from a Bloomberg campaign staffer, "That's hardly a mandate."

This MF Bloomberg spent all that $ to empower his ppl with High , well paying positions for his ppl….so as you can see, he tricked a lot of us who stayed home, did nothing….clearly, he knows that most Blacks are fed-up, on FB, B.S….bought into the racket that he was winning big in the the polls……etc.

Pls make sure you get to know the man again !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Pls make sure you get to know the man again !

A product of Brooklyn…

A son of Bedford-Stuyvesant… His grandparents immigrated to New York City from St. Kitts in the Caribbean. Thompson attended Midwood High School, a public school in Brooklyn, and graduated from Tufts University in 1974.

Please remember, this man is more than qualify, he was the City Comptroller: 2002–2010 under King Bloomberg ….note Bloomberg never had any issues with him until he was ready to run against King Bloomberg……Mr Thompson knows Money…if you understand what a comptroller does……he was in charge of a $68 Billion Dollar Budget…so he is no rookie…don’t let these MFs trick some of you again about Christine Quinn is leading the Polls……….know the facts,

that facts are :

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Accomplishments..............

Accomplishments | billthompsonformayor

A Champion for New York City

Bill Thompson has proven time and again that he has the vision, dedication and leadership to deal with the issues that matter most to New Yorkers.

Click on the policy issues below to learn more about Bill

Thompson's accomplishments.

Fighting for Public Education

Confronting the Affordable Housing Crisis
Protecting the Vulnerable
Promoting Business Growth and a Skilled City
Expanding Access to Quality, Affordable Healthcare
Promoting Affordable and Reliable Mass Transit
Protecting the Environment/Promoting Sustainable Development
Embracing New York City's Diversity
Fighting for New York City's Fair Share
Keeping New York City More Affordable

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
His Bio...........

As Comptroller of New York City from 2002 through 2009, Bill Thompson was responsible for managing the finances of the nation's largest municipality and supervised a staff of 700 professionals. As a lifelong Democrat and the city's top financial watchdog, he oversaw the city's $100 billion pension fund and made crucial investments in affordable housing for lower- and middle-class families.

Because of a last-minute change to the city's charter revision law, Bill was given the opportunity to run for a third term in 2009. He chose not to violate the two-term limit put in place by the voters, announcing that he would run for Mayor of New York City instead. As the Democratic nominee, Bill was outspent 14 to 1 and still came within just a few percentage points of unseating a lavishly self-financed incumbent.

A product of New York City's public schools, Bill has a deep understanding of the needs of both students and educators. As the head of the Board of Education for five terms, he oversaw a school system with 1.1 million students and 130,000 employees. He has been a persistent champion of meaningful accountability, more extensive after-school programs, an expanded arts curriculum, and higher standards of teaching.

Bill is also Chair of Governor Cuomo's Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise Team, which seeks to promote economic opportunities and eliminate barriers for minority- and women-owned businesses. In 2012, he stepped down as Chairman of the Hugh L. Carey Battery Park City Authority to focus on his campaign for Mayor.

In addition to his eight years of service as a citywide executive, Bill has valuable private sector experience. He currently serves as the Chief Administrative Officer and Senior Managing Director at Siebert, Brandford, Shank & Co. LLC, the nation's largest minority public finance firm, where he leads efforts to underwrite loans for schools, roads, bridges and infrastructure projects.

A son of Bedford-Stuyvesant who moved to Manhattan in 2008 after a lifetime in Brooklyn, Bill is proud of what he calls his dual citizenship. He lives in Harlem with his wife, Elsie McCabe Thompson, and two stepchildren. He is also the proud father of a grown daughter, Jennifer.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
the blacks in nyc dont mobilize for anything anymore that isnt bullchit he won't win unfortunately
Well, I am sorry to hear that you feel that way....that is he can't win.....wow.

It is mind set like this why we have such a hard time getting ahead, the man is beyond qualify, you are making a statement as if Ms Quinn is so far ahead of him.....my friend, it is all propaganda !

Same mindset that a lot of New Yorkers came to back in 2009. Why go to the polls, they had Bloomberg winning by 14%.....it is really sad when you have a majority of minorities now in NYC and we don't have one Black in a high visible position, truly sad....smh.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Re : The Pastors, Blacks that Sold us out on the West Bank of Africa.......Blacks in NYC that have lost all hope in the Black Race !

If I can repeat one of my idols !

Marcus Garvey

"The white man has succeeded in subduing the world by forcing everybody to think his way. The white man?s propaganda has made him the master of the world. And those who have come in contact with it and accepted it have become his slaves. "

"The Negro who lives on the patronage of philanthropists is the most dangerous member of our society, because he is willing to turn back the clock of progress when his benefactors ask him so to do.

For us to examine ourselves thoroughly as a people we will find that we have more traitors than leaders, because nearly everyone who essays to lead the race at this time does so by first establishing himself as the pet of some philanthropist of another race, to whom he will go and debase his race in the worst form, humiliate his own manhood, and thereby win the sympathy of the ?great benefactor?, who will dictate to him what he should do in leadership of the Negro race? These leaders tell us how good Mr. So and So is, how many good friends we have in the opposite race, and that if we leave everything to them all will work out well. "

Marcus Garvey

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Oh shut up NYC love BloomGirl to tell them what to do with their lives , No GUNS or Big Sodas
For a man who had to High Tail it out of the Greatest City in the world like it was dodge city.....you shouldn't be making a joke out of a very serious matter for us living here.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Bill Thompson Speaks at Northern Manhattan Mayoral Forum

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oWz2S5t2ukA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jahblessed

Im going for De Blasio i refuse to vote for ANY candidate from manhattan even a black one.

All i know is if Bloomberg troll Quinn wins , NYC is done for the middleclass

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Im going for De Blasio i refuse to vote for ANY candidate from manhattan even a black one.

All i know is if Bloomberg troll Quinn wins , NYC is done for the middleclass
Ok...based off what ?

The man imo has no experience in balancing a budget , no skill set. A best, he is a likeable guy...that much I give him.

Furthermore, any Democrat on a ticket who refuse to endorse the top of the ticket, re the 2009 election when he and John Liu refuse or at best gave Bill Thompson a luke warm endorsement. .....against a criminal like Bloomberg, there is no way they would ever get my vote......it is call pride, that a lot of us so call Democrats forgot about, by far Bill Thompson is the best and most qualified person for the job.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Wow...re Malcolm Smith, what did he do different than what Bloomberg did ?

The minute a minority try to reach the top position such as John liu, they want to change the game that is already rigged.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Well, almost four years later and we are face with the same dilemma , qualify candidate .......Bill Thompson, yet no buzz !

While everyone, every other race is getting ahead in this Great City!, when will we wake up ?

First election is in September

sankofaa

lol the guy doesn't have a chance, he doesn't make enough noise. I would hope nyc would have enough sense to vote in De Blasio, he strikes me as having that Koch relationship with people in the city

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
lol the guy doesn't have a chance, he doesn't make enough noise. I would hope nyc would have enough sense to vote in De Blasio, he strikes me as having that Koch relationship with people in the city
Yeaaaaaaaah, another former NYC member voicing his opinion!

Bro, you can't help us...wait, then again you can, you have enough time to move back to the bright lights and civilization !

Smh.....where is your shame, VOTE FOR WHO!

MAN PLEASE.

Koch was likeable...geah to some who want to keep the status qou of a certain set of ppl....yeah why not Bill Thompson ?

Stop selling out your race when you have a qualified candidate!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Will you let us down again ?

Mayoral candidates

If the Democratic primary were being held today, who would you vote for if the candidates were:

Christine Quinn

27%.

Anthony Weiner

18%.

Bill de Blasio

11%.

Bill Thompson

11%.

John Liu

7%.

Sal Albanese

Erick Salgado

No opinion

22%.

Won't vote

Lucianite

I approve this thread :)

thanks for the profile.....

can' t believe Weiner and Spitzer ( for Comptroller) are serious contenders - madness. I just saw the post cover that spitzer was in some harlem churches on sunday - mor e madness

and Weiner started off his campaign in harlem....

I have not been paying close attention - but now I Like thompson - he has the experience!!!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
I approve this thread :)

thanks for the profile.....

can' t believe Weiner and Spitzer ( for Comptroller) are serious contenders - madness. I just saw the post cover that spitzer was in some harlem churches on sunday - mor e madness

and Weiner started off his campaign in harlem....

I have not been paying close attention - but now I Like thompson - he has the experience!!!
Yo, can you believe this B.S......SMH!

Note....Jewish.......note who own all the polling, all the Media in NYC......they will go to great length to keep the status quo in place !

Would you believe....or think about it....we are the majority here in NYC ( Blacks and Hispanics ) , yet we don't have one , not one in a position of power.....outrageous !