Blazer...

brownskintrini

Predator01 said:
Somebody was tellin me this a week ago but i was skeptical.Im glad 4 him though.

That person must have been psychic cause he was acquitted yesterday...lol

Soca singer freed of murder charge

Richard Charan rcharan@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, May 12th 2006

Soca Singer Troydon "Blazer" Cruickshank was freed yesterday of a charge of murdering his brother after the police failed to find its star witness and the State attorney did not appear.

The decision to discharge Cruickshank was made by Chaguanas First Court senior magistrate Nanette Forde John, who heard the evidence of three witnesses called by the State.

Cruickshank was charged with the July 2005 murder of his 24-year-old brother Dillon, who was shot in the head at the family's home at Mayers Trace, Enterprise.

Cruickshank was represented by attorney Wayne Sturge.

He is best known for his 2003 hit "Wrong Timing".

He was also a 2005 finalist in the Groovy Soca Monarch competition and semi-finalist at the International Soca Monarch.

During the preliminary enquiry, the case was adjourned several times, with police offices saying that the file related to the investigation had not been sent to the Director of Public

Prosecutions for an attorney to be appointed.

On Wednesday, Magistrate Forde-John issued a summons for the State's star witness, a relative of Cruickshank, who had failed to appear on previous occasions.

The witness did not come to court yesterday and the attorney representing the State sent a note apologising for her absence because of a meeting at the office of the DPP.

M

Mad Scorpion

I think daddy just couldn't bear to loose 2 sons. One already dead and to then have the other locked away might have been too much to bear. Also the prosecutor well slack. How you could have a meetin when you supposed to be in court? Where is the priorities? I think the Pros realized that there wasn't much chance of winning and simply didn't see the necessity in appearing. I wonder if they were warned at previous appearances that they must produce the star witness or else. I hope mih boy Troy use this tragic situation to make some changes though. He has been granted a second chance at life I hope he makes good on it.

LolaMs

Spitfire
limintrinibwoy20 said:
buh wah d ass..so if in fac he kill he breddah iz juss so he clear?...jus caw he ah soca man?

Exactly! I'm confused cuz obviously somebody kill de young man...and is there no other evidence but this "star witness"...he look crazy no fack..is dis de guy dat sing "Stages"?..luv de song buh if he a likely murderer..wha ebrybady well wishing him for?

:confused

Last edited:

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
so blazer get off on de murder charge...dawg e and machel (was it dem?) get off on stabbing de man...we need some amnesty, eh? Being a soca star seems to come with a get out of jail free card...I guess dais how hard up we are for good music, eh? Cuz I mehself studying how long it will take him to come wit a tune now...ah wonder if he will? :scratch :read:

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
LolaMs said:
Exactly! I'm confused cuz obviously somebody kill de young man...and is there no other evidence but this "star witness"...he look crazy no fack..is dis de guy dat sing "Stages"?..luv de song buh if he a likely murderer..wha ebrybady well wishing him for?

:confused
I don't think he's a murderer...he is/was just a hothead and he got into an argument with his father and alcohol was involved(according to reports). That argument turned physical and his brother stepped in ostensibly to make peace, just as Blazer whipped out the pistol and fired...accidentally killing his brother.

Optimus I also thought the same exact thing...that family already lost one son, recognized that it was an accident and didn't want to lose him as well. Hard for me to wish him luck and say "I glad he get off" and all of that though. His idiocy and 'badman' attitude resulted in his brother losing his life...what a terrible, terrible stain to carry, had the accidental shooting occurred under similar circumstances only involving a stranger, family, friends and fans would be screaming for justice. Where's the 'justice' for Dillon?

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
1trini-gyal said:
so blazer get off on de murder charge...dawg e and machel (was it dem?) get off on stabbing de man...we need some amnesty, eh? Being a soca star seems to come with a get out of jail free card...I guess dais how hard up we are for good music, eh? Cuz I mehself studying how long it will take him to come wit a tune now...ah wonder if he will? :scratch :read:
I think that Dawg E. and Machel thing was just rumor though...

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
Bake n Shark said:
I think that Dawg E. and Machel thing was just rumor though...

Well it was in de papers and de man was on de news speaking about how he was stabbed but they continued 2 only refer 2 them as " 2 soca stars" and that they were questioned and released due to "prior carnival engagements"...as for who de "2 soca stars" were...I never got confirmation on...:dntknw:

Prinzez Diva

Imix Official Prima Donna
1trini-gyal said:
Well it was in de papers and de man was on de news speaking about how he was stabbed but they continued 2 only refer 2 them as " 2 soca stars" and that they were questioned and released due to "prior carnival engagements"...as for who de "2 soca stars" were...I never got confirmation on...:dntknw:

Just rumors.

M

Mad Scorpion

Bake n Shark said:
Optimus I also thought the same exact thing...that family already lost one son, recognized that it was an accident and didn't want to lose him as well. Hard for me to wish him luck and say "I glad he get off" and all of that though. His idiocy and 'badman' attitude resulted in his brother losing his life...what a terrible, terrible stain to carry, had the accidental shooting occurred under similar circumstances only involving a stranger, family, friends and fans would be screaming for justice. Where's the 'justice' for Dillon?
I can certainly understand that view. Afterall based on the information that we were afforded he is at minimum guilty of killing his brother allbeit an accident. This however is an opportunity for what I would call a troubled man to improve himself and change his life. So in that vein I would like to see him do well. Not as an artist per se but as a human being. He has always been known to have a temper but if as a result of this he learns a more rational and civilized approach to solving issues, at the very least he would be much less of a danger to society and himself overall than he was before. Even though me and him cool this is not about saying I glad he get off (I know your comment wasn't for me specifically) but more to see improvement that atleast can render him a non threat to society.

1trini-gyal

if ah rude ah rude
Prinzez Diva said:
Apparently, he must ah really get stab up but it wasn't by Machel or Slaughter. :kicks

hmm...ah feel like ah need a next thread 2 stop jacking this one...but ah wonder then who were the "2 soca stars" that were accused and questioned...:scratch

Prinzez Diva

Imix Official Prima Donna
1trini-gyal said:
hmm...ah feel like ah need a next thread 2 stop jacking this one...but ah wonder then who were the "2 soca stars" that were accused and questioned...:scratch

That is the million dollar question, if the people were even soca stars to begin with. I saw Machel up to about 9pm Monday and he was not stabbing up no one. :black eye