Bourdain on Trinidad

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
They are going to re-air it this Sunday since the whole London terror attack messed with it's airing.

Boy i'd love to have Bourdain's job. He's had like 3 shows doing the exact same thing going to practically the same places.

dedetriniking

on second look....the piece seems a bit fluff.....probably as a result of trying to fit an extremely diverse culture and people with many accomplishments into a 30 min piece.

trinifrombx

Boi, I shame of what they put on, I don't feel that they put us in a positive light ! Relating to Blacks and crime.

I didn't even realize that the Lebanese own or control so much in Trinidad !

Also, I felt they should of showcase we ting , Carnival and Pan on a much Larger scale !

What was Allyuh take ?

Boi, I shame of what they put on, I don't feel that they put us in a positive light ! Relating to Blacks and crime.

Also, I felt they should of showcase we ting , Carnival and Pan on a much Larger scale !

What was Allyuh take ?
You have to be a cacahole not to realize the wealth of the Syrian/Lebanese community in Trinidad. The show is did not show the people on a negative light it showed facts not the idealized bullshit image you have in your mind.

dedetriniking

i was good to see the syrians count their blessings given what real syrians have been going thru lately............but it was pure arrogance to hear one of them say "we are the most powerful group in trinidad". Even if its true it came across to me as being very arrogant.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
i was good to see the syrians count their blessings given what real syrians have been going thru lately............but it was pure arrogance to hear one of them say "we are the most powerful group in trinidad". Even if its true it came across to me as being very arrogant.
Yep, they are the most powerful people in T&T, who you think ordering the drugs and guns from Columbia and Venezuela? definitely not the little small fish in the communities. People with power are the ones running things in Trini. Judges, Lawyers, politicians, law enforcement etc are on their payroll.

Behind the scenes of those cloth stores and business fronts are drug empires of the rich and powerful.

trinifrombx

You have to be a cacahole not to realize the wealth of the Syrian/Lebanese community in Trinidad. The show is did not show the people on a negative light it showed facts not the idealized bullshit image you have in your mind.
Smh, listen to this prick, Bamsey licker !

That is how I saw it, it didn't showcase us in a positive light !

Lappo

did they talk about tnt having the most isis recruits per capita in the western world? if not i would be counting my lucky stars (if i was trini)

tikreyol

Got Kompa?

What was Allyuh take ?
The Lebanese own and control so much across the entire Caribbean. In every island they are part of the elite.

They did showcase Pan and talk about Carnival. I'm glad they didn't let it take over the show. That's not what the show is about.

did they talk about tnt having the most isis recruits per capita in the western world? if not i would be counting my lucky stars (if i was trini)
They sure did SMH.

Honestly the best part of the show was when they visited Tobago. That is one beautiful place! And Calypso did a great job presenting the island.

trinifrombx

The Lebanese own and control so much across the entire Caribbean. In every island they are part of the elite.

They did showcase Pan and talk about Carnival. I'm glad they didn't let it take over the show. That's not what the show is about.

They sure did SMH.

Honestly the best part of the show was when they visited Tobago. That is one beautiful place! And Calypso did a great job presenting the island.

Yeah, I thought it was the East Indians that own most of the wealth in Trinidad, sad the Blacks there own little to nothing as far as the businesses !

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Yeah, I thought it was the East Indians that own most of the wealth in Trinidad, sad the Blacks there own little to nothing as far as the businesses !
Nope! The Labanese or Syrian/Palestinian populations have their hands in EVERYTHING. Put them together and they probably account for much of the wealth across the ENTIRE Caribbean and Latin America. Not sure if it's the same in Trinidad but in Haiti we know them all through their last names. Boulos, Handal, Apaid, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the same names you have in Trinidad exist here in Haiti and Jamaica etc. As usual Blacks are at the bottom of the totem pole no matter what the economic state is of the country. SMH