Breaking News: Mitt Romney Chooses Paul Ryan For Vice President

Inquistive

This just to show you how meager the GOP ranks are. Nobody wants to be the leader of the party. There's no longer a GOP establishment.

Steupz

It's a decent choice. Clearly Romney thinks the economy will win it for him so he picked a guy who's strong in that area.

Inquistive

Why do you think he doesn't?
He's a deficit hawk who just uses his rhetoric to rile up the conservative base. Scaring people on the deficit is no way to govern. The fact is that there is nothing wrong with social security.

But hey, I applaud him for being against SOPA.

Steupz

He's a deficit hawk who just uses his rhetoric to rile up the conservative base. Scaring people on the deficit is no way to govern. The fact is that there is nothing wrong with social security.

You will know more than I, but why do you use 'deficit hawk' as a pejorative?
Are you saying the deficit is not an issue at all? And do people really say there is something wrong with SS, or are they concerned that its surplus has been spent?

And don't you think Ryan can have an impact in Wisconsin? With the Elections expected to be close it makes sense to pick someone who can turn a State in your favour, no?

Inquistive

You will know more than I, but why do you use 'deficit hawk' as a pejorative?
Are you saying the deficit is not an issue at all? And do people really say there is something wrong with SS, or are they concerned that its surplus has been spent?

And don't you think Ryan can have an impact in Wisconsin? With the Elections expected to be close it makes sense to pick someone who can turn a State in your favour, no?

Deficit hawks want to cut government spending at the detriment to the economy and government. The deficit is not an issue at all. From a macroeconomics perspective, a deficit is inevitable. People don't realize that government debt is an asset to the private sector.

From a political perspective, this is a poor choice. Paul Ryan is known for his draconian proposals for social safety nets. This would scare the moderates in the swing states. They just made things a lot easier for the Dems and Obama.

Steupz

Deficit hawks want to cut government spending at the detriment to the economy and government. The deficit is not an issue at all. From a macroeconomics perspective, a deficit is inevitable. People don't realize that government debt is an asset to the private sector.

From a political perspective, this is a poor choice. Paul Ryan is known for his draconian proposals for social safety nets. This would scare the moderates in the swing states. They just made things a lot easier for the Dems and Obama.
I've read a few of the differing theories but my mind cannot wrap around the idea that deficits is good policy outside of a recession.
It simply isn't rational - to me.

And people know the debt is an asset to the private sector because they largely fund the borrowing thus creating wealth, but what people do not get is how that benefits them when the deficit spending doesn't manifest in social transfers or investment.

And Paul Ryan is a politician. No politician is governed by philosophy, in the main. Their ambition is to be elected and re-elected and anything which conflicts with that will be rejected.

I'd have to see an example of this reduction of social safety nets for me to believe you because that's the last item politicians touch.

Oneshot

where de crix
It was a smart choice, because the people who would have voted for Romney will still vote for him. And he galvanizing his base.

Between now and the election, the USPS is going to lose even more money, and is going to require a government bailout. Another example of failure by government.

As for Social Security and etc. The facts are present, was it last year or the year before. Social Security outgoings outpaced incomings.

Municipalities and States are now facing bankruptcy, some are having to fire the current working civil servants to pay for outrageous pensions of the previous generations.

When a young person is faced with being responsible for their own growing debts, and increase government debts. They know it will require tax increases.

While Obama is talking about increasing the federal taxes, that will not help local and state debts. And that is where Paul Ryan will help. People are fiscal hawks with their own money, and with other people's money they dont care.

Will that being said Obama is going to have Bush victory. He will receive fewer votes that Romney, but win because of the electoral college.

OverLord Strum

Will that being said Obama is going to have Bush victory. He will receive fewer votes that Romney, but win because of the electoral college.
Nah...he will still get a slim margin on the popular vote as well.

But it will be no where near the margin he won in 2008 with.

OverLord Strum

Should've picked Rubio...smh.

Not the best choice based on the candidates available. He just cemented his loss...he would've gained some Spanish votes with Rubio.

Sure he is galvanizing his base...but they don't need galvanizing lol. Focks news, Super Packs and Obama have already galvanized the base for him.

Richard better pony up on the bet.

dedetriniking

Opti is spot on. Whay Ryan is talking about is what the new british government did a few years ago when they came into power...and look where it got them. Deficit is not as big a problem as they make it out to be. You cut everything in site and watch the economy sink even further.

Inquistive

It was a smart choice, because the people who would have voted for Romney will still vote for him. And he galvanizing his base.

Between now and the election, the USPS is going to lose even more money, and is going to require a government bailout. Another example of failure by government.

As for Social Security and etc. The facts are present, was it last year or the year before. Social Security outgoings outpaced incomings.

Municipalities and States are now facing bankruptcy, some are having to fire the current working civil servants to pay for outrageous pensions of the previous generations.

When a young person is faced with being responsible for their own growing debts, and increase government debts. They know it will require tax increases.

While Obama is talking about increasing the federal taxes, that will not help local and state debts. And that is where Paul Ryan will help. People are fiscal hawks with their own money, and with other people's money they dont care.

Read the link I posted.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
OBAMA is GOING to CRUISE to VICTORY. It doesn't MATTER who ROMNEY PICK, LICKS SAME WAY.

ROMNEY, WE WANT TO SEE YOUR TAXES.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Mr. Paul "Right wing social engineer" Ryan was a poor choice.
He will not gain Wisconsin with this move and probably just lost Florida.

The Ryan Budget reduces Medicare to a voucher program, slashes investment in education and research while increasing tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans. But even with those massive changes his budget does not draw down the deficit for another 10 YEARS and only incrementally because of the lack of tax revenue.

This pick was made to placate the far right.

jahblessed

Scaring people on the defiect? do you know how much the us defiect is and you are aware the defiect is the reason we now have some many tea baggers in congress

A interesting pick of vp, 2 different visions of America will be for sell, a pick to energize the base especially the tea baggers, I'm putting my money on him vs Biden in the vp debates

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Scaring people on the defiect? do you know how much the us defiect is and you are aware the defiect is the reason we now have some many tea baggers in congress

A interesting pick of vp, 2 different visions of America will be for sell, a pick to energize the base especially the tea baggers, I'm putting my money on him vs Biden in the vp debates
BIDEN will WIPE the FLOOR with HIM in the DEBATES.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEee