Brian Banks Story

bhalistix

It is I
In the summer of 2002, Banks was arrested and charged after classmate Wanetta Gibson said that he dragged her into a stairway at Polytechnic High School (Poly) and raped her. Faced with a possible 41 years to life sentence, he accepted a plea deal that included five years in prison, five years of probation, and registering as a sex offender. Wanetta Gibson sued the Long Beach Unified School District, claiming the Poly campus was not a safe environment, and won a $1.5-million settlement.[6] In March 2011, Gibson contacted Banks on Facebook, met with him, and admitted that she had fabricated the story. Banks secretly recorded Gibson's confession, but she refused to tell prosecutors that she had lied so she wouldn't have to return the money she and her family had won in court. Nevertheless, with Gibson's taped admission and help from California Innocence Project attorneys, Los Angeles County prosecutors overturned Banks's conviction.

Signs with NFL HAWKS

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i starting to wonder if u on my page yes.. cos i find things i post you does come and post them shortly after LOL

but im glad he got off.. that chick should go to jail.. straight up....

Essential Flower

(((Natural creation)))
The love of money is the root of all evil.:( so sad indeed. I would of put her backside in jail for the 41 years. Want to mess up the guy record.

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
In the summer of 2002, Banks was arrested and charged after classmate Wanetta Gibson said that he dragged her into a stairway at Polytechnic High School (Poly) and raped her. Faced with a possible 41 years to life sentence, he accepted a plea deal that included five years in prison, five years of probation, and registering as a sex offender. Wanetta Gibson sued the Long Beach Unified School District, claiming the Poly campus was not a safe environment, and won a $1.5-million settlement.[6] In March 2011, Gibson contacted Banks on Facebook, met with him, and admitted that she had fabricated the story. Banks secretly recorded Gibson's confession, but she refused to tell prosecutors that she had lied so she wouldn't have to return the money she and her family had won in court. Nevertheless, with Gibson's taped admission and help from California Innocence Project attorneys, Los Angeles County prosecutors overturned Banks's conviction.

Signs with NFL HAWKS
I'm sorry if he did not do it there would be no trace of him inside her when they did the rape kit...why did he set HIMSELF up by admitting/plea bargaining anything?

That is so dumb to to me...if it's some stupid little traffic issue sure but something like this if you plea bargain and didn't do it you stupid. Go in debt paying a lawyer and handle it like an innocent man would.

Unless the back story here is that he HAS slept with her in the past, maybe even very close to when she dragged him in a stairwell...

Was a rape kit done? Was she actually raped and just accused the easiest person to pin it on? If she was actually raped does anyone in supposed law enforcement involved with this case care for the sake of public safety to get out of her who actually raped her? If she was not raped then was a rape kit not done back then to prove this?

Sorry if he had not plea bargained and she wasn't raped at ALL there would be no evidence to convict him with, this isn't the 1960s, dna testing is rampant...people seem to think nothing of picking up a criminal record...

As for her...he has time. Slow as justice is when you can't afford a hot lawyer, me'd a juss haffi kill har an gwaan bout my business. Cause in MANY jurisdictions a recording you did not get the other person's PERMISSION to record beforehand is HEARSAY and is NOT admissible in court!