Bwa Nèg Mawon - A Documentary by the Grenada Creole Society

Moqueca

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9gf4c3cP7Qs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
Just finished watching and really enjoyed it... my daughters paternal grandmother family is from Grenada and has plenty family living there - I would love to travel and visit them!

Poca

That's interesting.

Some years ago there were quite a few kreyol speakers on imix. There was a member from TnT who was heavily invested in protected and revive the kreyol language in Trinidad which apparently is dying or almost dead. Anyway, I did say that I think all islands should push kreyol and make it part of their daily life. To me it would help Caribbean folks really see themselves in a cohesive way and help remember that were are pretty much the same and that we used to all speak the same language and most likely share very similar tribulation and culture. I think that it would be beautiful if one day kreyol becomes the Caribbean's language; it would greatly help Caribbean unity and Caribbean pride.

IMO

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
That's interesting.

Some years ago there were quite a few kreyol speakers on imix. There was a member from TnT who was heavily invested in protected and revive the kreyol language in Trinidad which apparently is dying or almost dead. Anyway, I did say that I think all islands should push kreyol and make it part of their daily life. To me it would help Caribbean folks really see themselves in a cohesive way and help remember that were are pretty much the same and that we used to all speak the same language and most likely share very similar tribulation and culture. I think that it would be beautiful if one day kreyol becomes the Caribbean's language; it would greatly help Caribbean unity and Caribbean pride.

IMO

Isn't Kreyol...a Broken Language, like Ebonics?

Why would you want to push for a Broken Language, instead of speaking the language properly?

Poca

You should keep talking about what you know and enjoy: hoodrats and ghetto folks.

Why would you want to push for a Broken Language, instead of speaking the language properly?

Klang

Real Patriot

kweyol aint no broken language, there is grammar, and numerous published dictionaries.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?

Kreyol is a full fledged language with different varieties spoken in different islands moron.

Poca

French, spanish, swedish, english and all other languages spoken now evolved from other languages from the past.

So what is your point again?

So, Kreyol is it's own language and didn't derived or sourced from any other languages?

Klang

Real Patriot

whoa...whoa.

Now look at contradiction, smh.

So, why does EBONICS get a negative outlook...when it has a similar upstart.
is there any grammar to ebonics? are there published dictionaries for it? courses in universities for it?

Poca

Don't try to add me in your thing. I am not the kind of person who values one language over another...you are barking at the wrong tree!

whoa...whoa.

Now look at contradiction, smh.

So, why does EBONICS get a negative outlook...when it has a similar upstart.

Poca

None of that matters. There are many spoken languages in this world and most of them do not have dictionaries dedicated to them. Yet they serve their primary and most important goal: allowing those who speak it the ability to communicate effectively among each other.

So whether outsiders consider them as languages or not is really irrelevant.

is there any grammar to ebonics? are there published dictionaries for it? courses in universities for it?

Klang

Real Patriot
None of that matters. There are many spoken languages in this world and most of them do not have dictionaries dedicated to them. Yet they serve their primary and most important goal: allowing those who speak it the ability to communicate effectively among each other.

So whether outsiders consider them as languages or not is really irrelevant.
really now? all recognized languages have been documented in some way shape or form.