Bwa Nèg Mawon - A Documentary by the Grenada Creole Society

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
None of that matters. There are many spoken languages in this world and most of them do not have dictionaries dedicated to them. Yet they serve their primary and most important goal: allowing those who speak it the ability to communicate effectively among each other.

So whether outsiders consider them as languages or not is really irrelevant.

lol....ok.

thank you, for proving my point.

N

NaturalBornRidah

I may be wrong but doesn't Kweyol/Kreyol have African based words in there along with Amerindian words too. And Ebonics is not a language at all, its a half ass dialect if you want to be technical but it really shouldn't be warranted any protection.

Klang

Real Patriot
I may be wrong but doesn't Kweyol/Kreyol have African based words in there along with Amerindian words too. And Ebonics is not a language at all, its a half ass dialect if you want to be technical but it really shouldn't be warranted any protection.
you are right

Poca

What is a language? What are the component? Who gets toast the parameters and decide whether a group if words spoke by a group of individuals is a language or just sounds?

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
I don't even know what the discussion is. Creole/Kreyol is a language and has been a lingua franca (at least in Haiti) for well over 200 years. It was a lingua franca in other islands as well. This guy needs to stop acting like this is some new way of speaking that just showed up yesterday. Cape Verde's Creole probably the oldest Creole language was probably started in the 15th century so let's not act like these languages are new. Nor do they need validation from outsiders.