Can you be a non religious Christian?

SugahKane Barbie

Holdin de Traffik
My friends and I had a serious debate over this so I want to hear what yall got to say. my opinion on the question is that being religious and being a Christian is tied togther. One girl says that you can't be a Christian if your not baptized, is this true?

If you go against Christianity (your not living your life according to Christ and the bible) for a period of time, are you still considered a Christian during that "off time"?

Daveed

Good Question!
The only benefit of church is social.
Your spirituality is between you and God.
The Pastor, Priest, Pundit and Imam tell you different so they could control you.
Only ignorant, lazy, lonely or masochistic people will go along with that.
Jesus did not start no church!

My friends and I had a serious debate over this so I want to hear what yall got to say. my opinion on the question is that being religious and being a Christian is tied togther. One girl says that you can't be a Christian if your not baptized, is this true?

If you go against Christianity (your not living your life according to Christ and the bible) for a period of time, are you still considered a Christian during that "off time"?

Good Question!
The only benefit of church is social.
Your spirituality is between you and God.
The Pastor, Priest, Pundit and Imam tell you different so they could control you.
Only ignorant, lazy, lonely or masochistic people will go along with that.
Jesus did not start no church!
i not going so far, but i agree with you.
religion is man made

starangel

Lady Steel

Being religious is a way of doing things...for instance some religions demand that a woman wears a hat, or dress a certian way, or don't eat certain types of food...the practice of certain rituals etc. etc.

Christianity on the other hand is a lifestyle...living like Jesus...the purity of the heart...living pure and holy ...a heart after God and God alone...dying to ones self...living only for Christ

V

vincy_socababy

well i believe that there is a higher power 'god'.

and we are never always living our life according to the bible. we'd be poking out an eye for an eye, but then that's not very christian like because really we should turn the other cheek.

like i said, i believe in a higher power but i'm not that big on religion, i'm catholic but i don't agree with all they preach, i just try to live for me and be a what i consider to be good, and if that's not good enough for god then i suppose i''m royally screwed.

SugahKane Barbie

Holdin de Traffik
Thanx for the responses. I agree that its between you and God. Why should you have to confess to a preist when you could talk to God for yourself. There's so many questions on this topic.

krazi21

Ah humble reply

ah read most of what ya all have 2 say this thing about god and religion, most of yahall are misguided. is either ya serving one or the other, you can't serve both, you can't be righteous one and be a heeden the next. now this subject is contravertial, the only thing i have 2 say is that u personaly have a close relationship with god, prayfullly ask for his guidence in all that u do, and if u truely belive and have faith he will show what 2 do

Last edited:

Otorongo

Salsero de pura cepa

You can follow jesus' teachings of love as a philosophy without following the religious aspects.

TRT

you do not have to be religious to be christian heck you don't even have to be christian to be religious there are other religions besides christian ones

J_Greenz

Christianity and religion are two different things. Firstly, religion can't save you, only Jesus can. Christianity is NOT a religion it is a RELATIONSHIP with God through Jesus Christ. Just believing in God, is not all. The enemy the devil also knows there's a God. We must believe in Jesus as Lord and Saviour and the gospel of truth in that he was the promised messiah who backed up his claims as being the son of God and came and died for the sins of mankind. We must receive this SALVATION by FAITH as a free gift and not by WORKS and doing good deeds. Some people believe being morally good will get them to heaven...it can't. Believe in Jesus and confess him with your mouth and encourage others. Take heed to his words and warnings and TRY to live your life in accordance to this, for it is not easy as we all are nothing but sinners of a fallen nature. Live by this AWESOME and FREE grace and forget religion. May God bless each and everyone of you reading this.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Let's search the Word of God for the answers to this question. God desires that His people are religious according to the Bible's definition of religion.

James 1:27 - Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

True Christianity is God's religion.

Last edited: