Can you really considered you fire someone.....

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Lol, man, where you been, in the 90s the payout was more for bad CEOs........

Look what Carli Fiorina got, over 42 million, that is just for leaving or getting fired.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/12/b...ttpackard-with-more-than-42-million.html?_r=0

Go back and 2008 and check the Wall St Exec that got fired, 100 mill , 50 mill, this is the best Racket in America...Stock Options link to performance and if you have to leave early...

I say Make America Great Again.....

God Bless America for who can make it here !

bhalistix

It is I
what i am saying is if you fire someone, force someone to resign, or they quit" and they get paid millions of dollars to me you doing them a favor. When you get fired and you suppose to be at a lost, dem people seem to be getting a greater gain,....

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
All that is worked out in their contracts prior to the Board signing off, meaning before thay take the job......it is a Great Racket for who can get in.

Oneshot

where de crix
what i am saying is if you fire someone, force someone to resign, or they quit" and they get paid millions of dollars to me you doing them a favor. When you get fired and you suppose to be at a lost, dem people seem to be getting a greater gain,....
it is fraction of what he would have earned in the longterm, and he is pretty much done as being considered a CEO candidate or political position from now on.
He is taking one for the team and getting paid to do so.

Lucianite

it is fraction of what he would have earned in the longterm, and he is pretty much done as being considered a CEO candidate or political position from now on.
I think we all get it - the how and why etc...

the point is "its just not fair"

and yeah know " life ain't fair"

WE The people can RISE and say NO MORE!!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
You on your A game today Oneshot........correct....plus if they were there for longer and the stock turned round.....the amt of stock options he can buy or the board could issue to him at penny on the ddollars. ...that amt is small given it is paper money on the Books...a AGreat Racket....God Bless all who can rip off the system legally !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
I think we all get it - the how and why etc...

the point is "its just not fair"

and yeah know " life ain't fair"

WE The people can RISE and say NO MORE!!

Well...really we cant now....the Boards are filled with all their friends that play that shell game and recommend them to other boards.

...share holders can make a protest at the annual shareholders meeting. ..but owning at best 500 shs of XYZ corp means nothing to the Board vs. the Institutional Clients that own 500 million shares....that is who they will listen to, at that level ....everyone want to increase the payscale just incase they get there it is more paper money for everyone. ....like i say over and over....it is a Legal Racket !

Oneshot

where de crix
You on your A game today Oneshot........correct....plus if they were there for longer and the stock turned round.....the amt of stock options he can buy or the board could issue to him at penny on the ddollars. ...that amt is small given it is paper money on the Books...a AGreat Racket....God Bless all who can rip off the system legally !
its not really a racket, its all about negotiating.
for example right, if you look at NBA players, they will sacrifice money to play on a ring winning team, and expect more money to play on a team with little hopes of winning a title.

bhalistix

It is I
LONGTERM????

Dude we talking about someone making, lets say, 3 or 5 mil a year. They lose their job suddenly they get a lump sum of 25 million dollars (stock ops and shit) you telling me they person hanging their head say damn how am i goin to feed my family or shit i could have gotten more if i was here for 10 mores years. come on man? are you kidding me?

thats not firing someone that is rewarding them.

Oneshot

where de crix
LONGTERM????

Dude we talking about someone making, lets say, 3 or 5 mil a year. They lose their job suddenly they get a lump sum of 25 million dollars (stock ops and shit) you telling me they person hanging their head say damn how am i goin to feed my family or shit i could have gotten more if i was here for 10 mores years. come on man? are you kidding me?

padna, if you could negotiate a deal, where by, if you fire me where i didnt commit a crime. you have to compensate me accordingly. lets check out this particular situation right, did the CEO authorize the cheat device? most likely no. it was probably done by a small team, on a need to know basis. now to please regulators, shareholders, and etc a high ranking person has to go. Now if you going to fire me so that the company looks good you have to pay. The same thing happens for public officials who get caught up, the usual. you go, no hurt on pension and etc.

you might feel outraged, but each case is different.

bhalistix

It is I
padna, if you could negotiate a deal, where by, if you fire me where i didnt commit a crime. you have to compensate me accordingly. lets check out this particular situation right, did the CEO authorize the cheat device? most likely no. it was probably done by a small team, on a need to know basis. now to please regulators, shareholders, and etc a high ranking person has to go. Now if you going to fire me so that the company looks good you have to pay. The same thing happens for public officials who get caught up, the usual. you go, no hurt on pension and etc.

you might feel outraged, but each case is different.
you missing the point. That was an example. read the question again....

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
its not really a racket, its all about negotiating.
for example right, if you look at NBA players, they will sacrifice money to play on a ring winning team, and expect more money to play on a team with little hopes of winning a title.
How could it not be a racket when the friends I picked for the Board grant me millions of stock options ?

You where at Lehman.....the CEO at the peak was making let's say 50 million....average salary let's say 100k, you do the math and tell me if it is not a racket...given who is doing the work !

Like I said, I ain't mad at them...happy for them.....it is legal, hence a legal Racket.

8thWonder

LONGTERM????

Its fair game my friend, you not looking at the inertia of the his pay.Some of these CEOs are getting a lump sum pay because that was the potential money they couldn't of made in the coming years.Its America, embrace it.