Caribbean/West Indian Countries With The Most Racial Mixtures And Intermarriage

N

NaturalBornRidah

Jamaica,Dominica,and Trinidad seem to have mixed peoples.

What do you make of the race relations and intermarriage in Caribbean/West Indian countries?

This would include Belize,Guyana,Panama, Suriname and Haiti.

N

NaturalBornRidah

whats the problem with it.. i see nothing wrong with it.. who does study these things on a daily basis?
I didn't say there has to be a problem with it, I asked what do you make of the different races intermingling with each other in these countries, speaking from your own personal point of view.

It doesn't have to be a study, its an opinion from your own point of view and experiences.

Inquistive

A good percentage of people in the Caribbean are a product of racial admixture and and intermarriage. I would say about 70% of people in the British WI are not 100% African.

Jaymaca

A quick google/wikipedia search can show you that Trinidad alone is perhaps the mixed nation on earth. England also has one of the highest intermarriage rates in the world. I heard Guyana is aswell (I met a lot of people who appear black but have dutch and Indian admixture).

An interesting thread. Well done NaturalbornRidad

N

NaturalBornRidah

From google or wikipedia sources Trinidad is mixed but I wouldn't put it up there with the most mixed nation on earth ,countries like Suriname have a wider variety of mixes than Trinidad.Yes Guyana has a lot of intermarriages and relations are not so bad only when politics get involved do tensions flare up.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
A quick google/wikipedia search can show you that Trinidad alone is perhaps the mixed nation on earth. England also has one of the highest intermarriage rates in the world. I heard Guyana is aswell (I met a lot of people who appear black but have dutch and Indian admixture).

An interesting thread. Well done NaturalbornRidad

Well at least you're honest about where you get your info. Most of the people here using the same thing. :dntknw:

haitianprince

100 % Ayisien-0% yankee
Jamaica,Dominica,and Trinidad seem to have mixed peoples. What do you make of the race relations and intermarriage in Caribbean/West Indian countries? This would include Belize,Guyana,Panama, Suriname and Haiti.
interesting. Topic I have a thing for indian-######################## girls espcially Trinis or Gt ,but still love my chocolate girls but I hear the ######################## from trinidad are more ok with interracial then the ones in guyana I heard in guyana ########################s there families will disown them if there marry a black guyanese can a guyanese clear this up for me is this true or not ! And yeah haiti there is lot of interacial going on there as well wh'te french people and Sryians and lebanese mingual in with the population !

haitianprince

100 % Ayisien-0% yankee
"Sorry about the error above here a repost below"

interesting. Topic I have a thing for indian-######################## girls espcially Trinis or Gt ,but still love my chocolate girls but I hear the ######################## from trinidad are more ok with interracial then the ones in guyana I heard in guyana ########################s there families will disown them if there marry a black guyanese can a guyanese clear this up for me is this true or not ! And yeah haiti there is lot of interacial going on there as well wh'te french people and Sryians and lebanese mingual in with the population !

tikreyol

Got Kompa?

What do you mean mingle with the population?!? they are not creating families with them. Maybe a few bastard children but that's it. Most are mingling and breeding with the already mixed population.

N

NaturalBornRidah

Not really.
They are many many Douglas in Guyana. My Mother is Dougla and my paternal grandfather is Dougla.Yes its true they have always been tension between Indians and Blacks in Guyana, and the tension is worst in Guyana then it is in Trinidad.But that does not mean blacks and Indians do not intermingle and date,I remember going back to Guyana for my uncles funeral and all my East Indian cousins did not have a problem with me,we all got along.

My family would know first hand the problems that go on in Guyana because my dougla uncles grew up in the 1960s in Victoria village amidst the racial flare ups there.A lot of the Indians in that village left as well as other villages since tensions between blacks and East Indians got bad,. But during the decades their has been intermingling of blacks and Indians.It was even happening during the time of Burnham.Not just blacks and Indians, they were chinese , (I have many cousins who have chinee in them),portuguese (plus other Europeans),and Bucks(Amerindians).All have intermingled with each other in the Guyanese populace in varying degrees.

The Chinese started to dwindle some decades but in recent time there has been a remergence of chinese into Guyana.The Chinese are usually vendors and sell their electronics,clothing,appliances and other cheap goods just like they have been doing in Africa and other countries .There are also many Brazilians in georgetown with some shops and bars. Some people trace their ancestry to Venezuelans like my cousins and some do some with Surimanese not on a large scale though.

Last edited:

SKBai1991

The US has the most immigrants.
Numerically, yes but plenty of societies are made up of immigrants, and simply having immigrants doesn't make you diverse. Canada is mostly immigrants as well, as is Australia, New Zealand and Argentina.

Tell me, how can a country that is 69% non-Hispanic white be diverse? More importantly, how can ANY country with ethnic minorities be diverse?