Caribbean/West Indian Countries With The Most Racial Mixtures And Intermarriage

@ opti...no shit, the U.S. is the third most populous nation in the world, after China and India...but put the demographics in fractions and simplify them to the size of let's say Cuba, Panama, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Guyana, Belize and then compare and you will see that if you break it down per sq. mile, the U.S. is not more diverse than these countries. By your logic, Colombia is a "blacker" country than St.Kitts cause it have more blacks in Colombia than the whole ah' St. Kitt's population put together. You can't just look at the numbers, you have to break it down when comparing one country to another especially when one has 8 times the population size of the other.

SKBai1991

@ opti...no shit, the U.S. is the third most populous nation in the world, after China and India...but put the demographics in fractions and simplify them to the size of let's say Cuba, Panama, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Guyana, Belize and then compare and you will see that if you break it down per sq. mile, the U.S. is not more diverse than these countries. By your logic, Colombia is a "blacker" country than St.Kitts cause it have more blacks in Colombia than the whole ah' St. Kitt's population put together. You can't just look at the numbers, you have to break it down when comparing one country to another especially when one has 8 times the population size of the other.
Exactly.

Another thing to remember is that even though the US has the most immigrants overall, from the inception of this country up until the 1960's, the overwhelming majority of immigrants to this country have been White Europeans. In fact, the period we're living in is the most diverse that the US has ever been and it's STILL a 70% White non-Hispanic country(including White Hispanics its up to 73% White).

Trinidad is more diverse than the U.S. Suriname is more diverse than the U.S. The Seychelles are more diverse than the US...hell, if you're going by language alone most Asian and African countries are more diverse than the US, and if you're going by race many, if not most Latin American countries are more diverse than the US.

Last edited:

Inquistive

Numerically, yes but plenty of societies are made up of immigrants, and simply having immigrants doesn't make you diverse. Canada is mostly immigrants as well, as is Australia, New Zealand and Argentina.

Tell me, how can a country that is 69% non-Hispanic white be diverse? More importantly, how can ANY country with ethnic minorities be diverse?
Lol

Dude, the Brookings institute have done numerous studies on how the white population in the US is losing its majority. Do you know most people under the age of 5 are not white? In the coming decades, whites will be the minority.

SKBai1991

Lol

Dude, the Brookings institute have done numerous studies on how the white population in the US is losing its majority. Do you know most people under the age of 5 are not white? In the coming decades, whites will be the minority.
Losing its majority is not the same as having lost it. Yes, most people under age 5 are minorities, but most Americans are not under age 5, and a clear majority of Americans over age of 30 are White. Even the UK barely has a majority-White population under 5 but overall they're still 92% White.

I'm talking about right now. Right NOW, America is NOT that diverse. In this country you can literally grow up and live for decades and NEVER personally interact with someone who doesn't look like you. Case in point: I didn't meet any White kids my own age until I was almost 12 years old.

N

NaturalBornRidah

Don't confuse diversity with integration. The US is the most diverse nation in the world.
I agree although comparatively with other countries in the world like Brazil,the U.S. still has many culture and immigrants,although they are a minority.

Numerically, yes but plenty of societies are made up of immigrants, and simply having immigrants doesn't make you diverse. Canada is mostly immigrants as well, as is Australia, New Zealand and Argentina.

Tell me, how can a country that is 69% non-Hispanic white be diverse? More importantly, how can ANY country with ethnic minorities be diverse?
69% non-Hispanic white still goes a long way,thats not to discount the numerous intermarriages amongst the US population through the years no matter how secretive they are kept.You must remember many American whites have black blood in them, and so do many American blacks have white blood in the, some white and black americans also have some Native blood in them.They are some African Americans who can trace their ancestry to Chinese heritage, I think a good example of this is Oprah Winfrey and Gabrielle Union.

Point being they are many Americans who have foreign blood in them.

Losing its majority is not the same as having lost it. Yes, most people under age 5 are minorities, but most Americans are not under age 5, and a clear majority of Americans over age of 30 are White. Even the UK barely has a majority-White population under 5 but overall they're still 92% White.

I'm talking about right now. Right NOW, America is NOT that diverse. In this country you can literally grow up and live for decades and NEVER personally interact with someone who doesn't look like you. Case in point: I didn't meet any White kids my own age until I was almost 12 years old.
Just because people do not interact in a country doesn't mean its not diverse, different races interact in cosmopolitan areas.Different inter-racial couples usually can be found in cosmopolitan urban areas.This is where the immigrant population usually make their entries in the country.

If having immigrants doesn't make you diverse than what does?Countries like Brazil have many minority blacks , the census reports of that country claim that only 6.2 % of that country is black ,0.8% is Japanese, but it is still labeled as one of the most diverse countries in the world because of the numerous peoples and integration through the years.

Size of the country's land and population density is not usually the gauge on which you measure the country's population diversity.Its the percentage of the population otherwise.InTrinidad, the Syrian-Lebanese are like 1% the chinese are not to far behind, that does not take away from the country's diversity.

SKBai1991

If having immigrants doesn't make you diverse than what does?Countries like Brazil have many minority blacks , the census reports of that country claim that only 6.2 % of that country is black ,0.8% is Japanese, but it is still labeled as one of the most diverse countries in the world because of the numerous peoples and integration through the years.

Size of the country's land and population density is not usually the gauge on which you measure the country's population diversity.Its the percentage of the population otherwise.InTrinidad, the Syrian-Lebanese are like 1% the chinese are not to far behind, that does not take away from the country's diversity.
Diversity is having many differentiated ethnic groups in relative abundance. if most people in a nation are of a particular background it is not diverse. period.

N

NaturalBornRidah

Diversity is having many differentiated ethnic groups in relative abundance. if most people in a nation are of a particular background it is not diverse. period.
At the same time they are quite a few people who are mixed in America too.

States like California are an example they have high rates of inter-racial marriage there.

SKBai1991

At the same time they are quite a few people who are mixed in America too.

States like California are an example they have high rates of inter-racial marriage there.
But mixed to what extent? 3%? 5%?

And California is NOT representative of the US, they're only 1/10 of the population

N

NaturalBornRidah

But mixed to what extent? 3%? 5%?

And California is NOT representative of the US, they're only 1/10 of the population
Well we don't know how mixed to what extent but they are Americans that are mixed,it may be relatively limited to black and white , with a little a but Native American blood in there,Americans may not have the amount of mixtures as the Caribbean but its there.
Tejanos,Cajuns and Creoles are a good example of these.

SKBai1991

Well we don't know how mixed to what extent but they are Americans that are mixed,it may be relatively limited to black and white , with a little a but Native American blood in there,Americans may not have the amount of mixtures as the Caribbean but its there.
Tejanos,Cajuns and Creoles are a good example of these.
Cajuns generally aren't mixed, most of them are the White descendants of French-Canadians exiled to Louisiana. Creoles are mixed but they're a very tiny percentage of the US population and aren't even a majority in Louisiana, same for Tejanos.

Look, if you have only one or two ancestors of a different race from 4+ generations back, you're not mixed because by that point you're already over 90% White or 90% Black...so it's silly to claim that the US is diverse just off of the fact that a couple marginal ethnic groups exist here. In fact, the very groups you mentioned were extensively persecuted BECAUSE they didn't fit the norm, so how could the U.S. be "diverse" when it actively discouraged diversity for the majority of its existence?

Like I said, a nation is diverse if it has many different ethnic groups in relative abundance. White people are double the population of all other races combined, how is that diverse?

If you wanna know what diversity looks like look at Suriname, it has no majority race, everyone is represented in fairly sizable numbers, and everyone to some degree or another has retained their culture.

Last edited:

A.K.K.S.

Belize..then Suriname, Guyana and Trinidad...The rest of the non-Hispanic Caribbean is just Black or mostly Black people

N

NaturalBornRidah

Belize..then Suriname, Guyana and Trinidad...The rest of the non-Hispanic Caribbean is just Black or mostly Black people
I'm curious to know whats the racial break down of Belize?

A.K.K.S.

I'm curious to know whats the racial break down of Belize?
50% Mestizo (Maya + Spaniard)
21% Kriol (West/Central African with varying degrees of British & Maya ancestry)
10% Maya
6% Multiethnic (Should be higher)
4.5% Garinagu (~80% African + 20% Arawak/Carib)
3.6% Mennonite
2.1% East Indians
1.9% Other

Belizeans outside of Belize are usually Kriol or Garifuna or Mestizo, but mostly Kriol. Half of Belizeans live in the US, so the Belizean diaspora is "blacker" than the one's back home

N

NaturalBornRidah

really

I've read an article that says St Vincent is very mixed,

Here is some wiki info
The population as established in July 2009 was 104,574. The ethnic composition was 66% African descent, 20% of mixed descent, 6% East Indian, 4% Caucasian (mainly Portuguese), 2% Carib Amerindian and 2%
St Lucia seems to be very mixed as well
Here is some wiki info

Ethnic groups

African people 80%, Mixed race 13%, East Indian 2.4%, White 1.0%, and East Asians, Middle eastern people and Latin Americans 3.6%.
why is that people think that TnT seems to be the only mixed island?

Its wiki so other greenz and vincies come and confirm what their admixture is really like?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
belize shouldnt count in this thread cos they are neither caribbean nor west indian.. according to the purveyors of belizean ancestry...

really

I've read an article that says St Vincent is very mixed,

Here is some wiki info

Here is some wiki info

why is that people think that TnT seems to be the only mixed island?

Its wiki so other greenz and vincies come and confirm what their admixture is really like?
what is ur problem with TNT? I see ur snide remarks all the time